Rebuild shipping goes here.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:14 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Soryu having hate sex with Shikinami would be kinda of hot

I could get behind this..

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Having sex with yourself is pretty much just glorified masturbation.

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 am

Again, it may simply be because I don't view clones as incest (bite me), but I still feel that Rei and Shinji's relationship does make up one of the major cores of this saga. Considering that he still wanted to be with her even after he found out her true nature as a clone (it was the fact that Rei Q wasn't Rei II that upset him), I don't think their story together is over just yet.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:I don't think their story together is over just yet.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you there. If Anno wanted to end their story he would've just had Rei-2 killed at the end of 2.0. That being said if you expect it to have a happy ending you'll probably be dissapointed, since the films go out of their way to discourage Rei/Shinji.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:Considering that he still wanted to be with her even after he found out her true nature as a clone (it was the fact that Rei Q wasn't Rei II that upset him), I don't think their story together is over just yet.

I think you got it wrong here: he never stated that he wanted to be with her (ie romantic relationship I suppose), he was distressed because he sacrificed (albeit unwillingly) everything he had to save someone he came to care for, and then learns that not only he didn't saved her, but that he was tricked into believing that he saved her by using a clone of her.

The idea that he did at least one good thing, saving Rei, was the only thing that held him together to support what Kaworu told him he has done, once Fuyutsuki deprived him of even that, he crumbled like a sand castle.
I'm sure that he would had reacted the exact same way if it was Misato or Asuka instead of Rei.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:10 am

Mari and Asuka together is the only way it can end in my headcanon, i will stick by this until finals credits start rolling..........which may or may not be somewhere in the middle of the movie again
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:54 pm

^^ Maybe the whole "wanting to be with her" were the wrong choice of words. I just find it rather significant that Shinji still didn't suddenly find Rei II creepy or unappealing after he found out the truth about her origins. Again, it was the fact that he didn't save her that made him distressed.

Yes, if it were Misato or Asuka there, he may have reacted in a similar manner. I'm just looking at it from the knowledge that, compared to the original series, the reveal of her origins weren't as much of a turn off here.

Maybe to satisfy us all, his relationship with Rei will be left ambiguous as to whether or not it was romantic or sibling in the end. After all, I doubt this saga will end with a ship anyways.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:19 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:^^ Maybe the whole "wanting to be with her" were the wrong choice of words. I just find it rather significant that Shinji still didn't suddenly find Rei II creepy or unappealing after he found out the truth about her origins. Again, it was the fact that he didn't save her that made him distressed.

lolwut? Did you not note his state of mind after his convo with Fuyutsuki? He was pretty creeped the fuck out.

Yes, if it were Misato or Asuka there, he may have reacted in a similar manner. I'm just looking at it from the knowledge that, compared to the original series, the reveal of her origins weren't as much of a turn off here.

Um. In the original series he was pretty alienated from Rei after he found out about her origins. That was the whole point of the kitchen scene in EoE: Asuka was the only person he had left, since Misato was depressed/obsessed/hitting on him and Rei was acting weird and a clone of his mom.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

I seriously think he only had siblingish... siblingous... siblingular feelings for Rei in the original show with a touch of confusion from the fact that bizarre happenstance led to her donating his first touched boob. One wonders if that came up in Instrumentality. While Shinji was navel gazing the asshole of his own self loathing Asuka was in a cosmic slap fight with the mother goddess because Shinji touched her titty but didn't make a move on hers even when she was ramming them in his face.

The universe abides and gives recompense, for when she was born anew as a Shiki clone angelbot and died and was reborn again and again for seven times two years the gods of fortune gifted her a britty titty kitty and the love of bitties to go with it, and now she has not only her own sleek mosquito bumps but fluffy firm funbags to play with at high tea.

Can you dig?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Can you dig?
I can dig you a grave, but that's as far as I can go.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:52 am

Chuckman, never change!

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:^^ Maybe the whole "wanting to be with her" were the wrong choice of words. I just find it rather significant that Shinji still didn't suddenly find Rei II creepy or unappealing after he found out the truth about her origins. Again, it was the fact that he didn't save her that made him distressed.

I honestly can't see how you can say that Shinji decided anything about Rei II, since he didn't had the time to reflect about it himself.

I mean seriously, so far it's impossible to make any conclusion about what Shinji thinks of Rei II after Fuyu's revelations, since not only Shinji didn't had the time to reflect on it (he was too busy thinking about the fact he was tricked by Rei Q and that he destroyed the fucking world and obliterated the biosphere and that it was all for nothing!), but also Rei II is dead, so there's not really a point to think about it, at least at the moment.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Maybe to satisfy us all, his relationship with Rei will be left ambiguous as to whether or not it was romantic or sibling in the end. After all, I doubt this saga will end with a ship anyways.

Seriously man, you need a talk with herr Freud about Oedipus :hahaha: After Fuyutskis infodump two things were clear : Ayanami as a sister and Shinji fucked up after the revelations.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

konemegane
Embryo

Does anyone else ship Mari/Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby konemegane » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 am

[Merged in; was originally topic "Does anyone else ship Mari/Asuka?". - Monk]

I was very silent about shipping it until someone on twitter randomly linked me to
kone-megane.tumblr.com/post/72273739351/why-mari-and-asuka-are-good-romantic-and-or-combat this! i'm so full of hope, and i wanna know if anyone else feels the same way about mariasuka! :hahaha: i'm new here!!! hi! xP

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 am

Just everyone who's important.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Does anyone else ship Mari/Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 am

View Original Postkonemegane wrote:i'm so full of hope, and i wanna know if anyone else feels the same way about mariasuka!

pfffttttcchhhhhhBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes. Yes we do. We do so, very very much. :rofl:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 am

I have no real shipping desires or forbiddances designed for anyone in Eva, including Mari+Asuka.

Though I will always joke about Pen Pen ships. That’ll never get old to me.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 am

A lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment, I'd say.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Just everyone who's important.

Ahem. :irked: :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Does anyone else ship Mari/Asuka?

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:09 pm

View Original Postkonemegane wrote:I was very silent about shipping it until someone on twitter randomly linked me to
kone-megane.tumblr.com/post/72273739351/why-mari-and-asuka-are-good-romantic-and-or-combat this! i'm so full of hope, and i wanna know if anyone else feels the same way about mariasuka! :hahaha: i'm new here!!! hi! xP

Cool fanfiction.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm not normally a fan of "shipping" but I will say that I've seen a significant amount of potential evidence for some kind of relationship between Mari and Asuka. I cover it in more detail under my Animal Motifs topic.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”