Amazon Prime Video release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobgoesw00t
Lilith

Re: Amazon Prime Video release

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:35 pm

View Original PostThe Dragon Mask wrote:Current mood

This is me while waiting for ANY news of 3.0+1.0 on a streaming platform...and me whenever I think about the Tengu becoming a playable race in Guild Wars 2 later this year xD
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 am

Yeah, I had another 3.0+1.0 dream a few days ago... My need has reignited, and it's maddening lol.

Not that I've ever played Guild Wars (1 or 2), but I sympathize.

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 am

Last time I played a video game it was Double Dragon on an arcade.

So I feel you... not.

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm

It's only been about a month since the theatrical release, yet it feels like it's been much longer lol.

I'm just so desperate for an official trailer or teaser giving us a release date for prime. Heck I'd take even a simple tweet lol.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:52 pm

View Original PostHooded_Omar wrote:It's only been about a month since the theatrical release, yet it feels like it's been much longer lol.

Yeah the time between the last delay in January and the release felt so much shorter than the past 4 weeks.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:31 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:
View Original PostHooded_Omar#918782 wrote:It's only been about a month since the theatrical release, yet it feels like it's been much longer lol.

Yeah the time between the last delay in January and the release felt so much shorter than the past 4 weeks.

That's because now there are spoilers out there and the temptation to seek them to finally get the end of the story, so Shin is much more on our minds, which makes the time pass more slowly. Back during the release delays, there was nothing more to do than to wait, there was no source of information about what will be in the movie besides the occasion crumb left by Khara, so our mind were focused on other things, making the time fly faster.

That's why I said that if you really want to wait for a camrip/streaming release/BR release, the best is to occupy yourself with something else (like clearing your stream backlog) and only occasionally check here to see if there are any news.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:36 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That's why I said that if you really want to wait for a camrip/streaming release/BR release, the best is to occupy yourself with something else (like clearing your stream backlog) and only occasionally check here to see if there are any news.

You're spot on. But it's still hard to ignore. I've started to look up reviews and now know something like 4% of the movie, mostly just tone and quality. I will give no hints to protect the innocent.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:46 pm

View Original PostThe Dragon Mask wrote:
View Original PostElMariachi#918792 wrote:That's why I said that if you really want to wait for a camrip/streaming release/BR release, the best is to occupy yourself with something else (like clearing your stream backlog) and only occasionally check here to see if there are any news.

You're spot on. But it's still hard to ignore. I've started to look up reviews and now know something like 4% of the movie, mostly just tone and quality. I will give no hints to protect the innocent.

Which is an excellent point to remind people of FreakyFilmFan4ever's offer to give specific spoilers to anyone who ask him in PM, if there's are some points or hints on the tone of the movie that you absolutely can't get out of your head. That will avoid you to search for information in the rest of the Internet, where you might be spoiled about things you didn't want to be spoiled about.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Yeah. I'm gonna avoid that as I've still avoided super concrete stuff for the most part.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:06 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Which is an excellent point to remind people of FreakyFilmFan4ever's offer to give specific spoilers to anyone who ask him in PM, if there's are some points or hints on the tone of the movie that you absolutely can't get out of your head. That will avoid you to search for information in the rest of the Internet, where you might be spoiled about things you didn't want to be spoiled about.

lol, I remember spoiling myself on everything Eva Q just to find out if the movie had Kaji in it. I don't regret doing that, but it would be a shame for that to happen to someone else for Shin Eva.

But, yeah. Hit me up if you want only a couple Shin Eva questions answered.

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:14 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:lol, I remember spoiling myself on everything Eva Q just to find out if the movie had Kaji in it. I don't regret doing that, but it would be a shame for that to happen to someone else for Shin Eva.

But, yeah. Hit me up if you want only a couple Shin Eva questions answered.

Thanks. I hope you watched the film yourself, or at least didn't mind spoiling yourself again this time. I think I was relatively spoiled by the Kotaku review of Q. It was honestly shamelessly reactionary and more of a diatribe against the bold choices it made than anything else. For a long while I disagreed with it, then I agreed, and now later I consider the review unprofessional haha.

In any case for now I'm good, but thanks again for the offer. You're doing a good and selfless thing, even just taking the time for it.

BTW, where does your avatar come from? I've only ever seen that art on you avatar.

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 am

So why were people expecting anything by April 4th, or have I misremembered? Or maybe people were foretelling the wrong prophecy and got JoJo's mixed in.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:39 am

Well, we can cross this off the list then.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:55 am

View Original PostFullMetalBiscuit wrote:So why were people expecting anything by April 4th, or have I misremembered? Or maybe people were foretelling the wrong prophecy and got JoJo's mixed in.

An italian site with contacts in the italian industry was told that when the movie was originally going to come out in January, it was expected to come out 3 weeks after that on amazon prime italy. So they speculated, just speculated, mind you, that IF plans hadn't changed after the delay, it was reasonable to expect that around 3 weeks after the new date, 4 th of april arounds, someting MIGHT be coming. But it was just speculation based on the information they claimed to have.

IF, MIGHT, SPECULATION...

Of course the internet being the biggest telephone game ever created, this first became an expectation, and then a royal decree.

Now it is just another broken dream...

FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:02 am

I will continue to assume that nothing will happen until the Japanese Blu-Ray release then.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 am

I've honestly stopped thinking about it, it less painful -o-;
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:00 am

View Original PostThe Dragon Mask wrote:Thanks. I hope you watched the film yourself, or at least didn't mind spoiling yourself again this time. I think I was relatively spoiled by the Kotaku review of Q. It was honestly shamelessly reactionary and more of a diatribe against the bold choices it made than anything else. For a long while I disagreed with it, then I agreed, and now later I consider the review unprofessional haha.

I wished so bad that I had seen the film for myself. But, alas, I am swimming in spoilers and forbidden knowledge. I thought it would at least help me wait for the international release of the film, but now I'm more impatient than ever, so... -o-;

BTW, where does your avatar come from? I've only ever seen that art on you avatar.

It's a composite of several different art works from the Der Mond and the Die Stern art books. I've made a bunch of avatars years ago back when I was a pretentious, precocious little film snob. Now I'm just busy preparing projects for the end of the pandemic and trying to stay chill.

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:06 am

View Original PostFullMetalBiscuit wrote:I will continue to assume that nothing will happen until the Japanese Blu-Ray release then.

Better not to assume anything and just wait for news, but whatever helps with the wait is good too.

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:22 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original PostJoseki#918787 wrote:

That's because now there are spoilers out there and the temptation to seek them to finally get the end of the story, so Shin is much more on our minds, which makes the time pass more slowly. Back during the release delays, there was nothing more to do than to wait, there was no source of information about what will be in the movie besides the occasion crumb left by Khara, so our mind were focused on other things, making the time fly faster.

That's why I said that if you really want to wait for a camrip/streaming release/BR release, the best is to occupy yourself with something else (like clearing your stream backlog) and only occasionally check here to see if there are any news.

Only problem with that is most of the shows I watch are currently airing, so when I've caught up with it I'm done until the following week. Thankfully I've been playing PSO2 and I'm thinking about getting either Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory or Xenoblade on the Switch which should keep me occupied for a while.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:48 pm

View Original Postbobgoesw00t wrote:
View Original PostElMariachi#918792 wrote:That's because now there are spoilers out there and the temptation to seek them to finally get the end of the story, so Shin is much more on our minds, which makes the time pass more slowly. Back during the release delays, there was nothing more to do than to wait, there was no source of information about what will be in the movie besides the occasion crumb left by Khara, so our mind were focused on other things, making the time fly faster.

Only problem with that is most of the shows I watch are currently airing, so when I've caught up with it I'm done until the following week. Thankfully I've been playing PSO2 and I'm thinking about getting either Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory or Xenoblade on the Switch which should keep me occupied for a while.

That's the spirit! I'm currently playing Breathedge and afterwards will continue my Yakuza 0 game.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”