EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:18 am

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostJoseki wrote:

This user says they changed the colors of the shoulders of Eva 13 from red to purple

This throws a wrench in Reichu's theory :bigeyes: .

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:29 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostMr. M#905924 wrote:Record the teaser!

That is a crime. And kinda risky too. :bigeyes:

I was joking lol
But wouldn't be' surprised at all if someone else will do that

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:
View Original PostJoseki#905917 wrote:

This user says they changed the colors of the shoulders of Eva 13 from red to purple

This throws a wrench in Reichu's theory :bigeyes: .

How?

Do not double post unless you consider it necessary or a significant amount of time has passed from your previous post.
-Zusuchan
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:03 pm

View Original PostMr. M wrote:How?

Because of this theory: Identities of the Adams.
Reichu theorized that EVA-13 is the representation of Urizen, one of the Four Zoas, due to the red color of these blocks on the shoulders.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:06 pm

Evafan has posted a personal summary of Shin Eva's new NTP as well as some changes they noticed in 3.333. Keep in mind that these might not be everything they remember, I believe it would require multiple viewings to catch all the changes, especially the smaller ones.

Shin NTP:
(I put on a spoiler tag, just in case some people don't want to read it)
- Footages from the previous trailers also show up in here, like Mari and Asuka in white plugsuits, Unit-02 in battle (maybe the gattling good one from One Last Kiss trailer?), the Black Wunder (not specified if it's from Special Report 3 or OLK trailer), etc.

- When the narrator says "Shinji Ikari confronts his father", a shot of Shinji is shown and he's either in his old Unit-01 plugsuit or a plugsuit resembling Unit-01, the wording is a bit ambiguous. Apparently he's in an Eva cage and it's a reminiscence of Shinji and Gendo's first confrontation in the Eva cage in 1.0 as well as the "I am the pilot of Unit-01!" scene from 2.0.

- They saw what appears to be numerous "white Eva-like aircrafts(?)" (or maybe flying white Evas, to be precise) when the narrator says "Farewell, to all Evangelion".

Changes in 3.333:

- Asuka's Unit-02 Beast Mode activation code is changed to Code Three Seven, as mentioned in my previous post.
- The design of Mark.04 is slightly changed, but not specified.
- You can hear the music leaking out when Shinji listens to his S-DAT. I wonder if he's still listening to those songs from the old Ys Vocal Album. :shinji_ditto:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:14 pm

Some fun trivia by Khara-2:

The updated preview was recorded (by Mitsuishi, etc) back in March 2020.

And now the nerd in me does want to see if we'd get 3.333 over here, but maybe waiting for a Rebuild boxset (will that be likely in the West, though?) would be worth it, instead? Guess it all depends on how Funi/GKids/whoever the heck releases Shin Eva and maybe rereleases the other films, too...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:17 pm

based on what people are saying on 2ch Its most likely the original Unit 01 plugsuit and everyone agrees Its a weird shot since not only how Shinji gets It back is a mistery, the cage looked like It was comletely retored.

What changed in the Mark 04 was the logo It seems.

They also reverted the order of the shots of the wunder sailing with the fleet, changed the overall look of Unit 02-Mark 09 fight, and there are a lot of camera workk that has been pointed out.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

eldomtom2
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby eldomtom2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 pm

It's the same as it was because there's a time loop going on. Either that or it's in Instrumentality.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Or simply they restored the world somehow.
Timeloop will not happen.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:42 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Evafan has posted a personal summary of Shin Eva's new NTP as well as some changes they noticed in 3.333. Keep in mind that these might not be everything they remember, I believe it would require multiple viewings to catch all the changes, especially the smaller ones.

Shin NTP:
(I put on a spoiler tag, just in case some people don't want to read it)
- Footages from the previous trailers also show up in here, like Mari and Asuka in white plugsuits, Unit-02 in battle (maybe the gattling good one from One Last Kiss trailer?), the Black Wunder (not specified if it's from Special Report 3 or OLK trailer), etc.

- When the narrator says "Shinji Ikari confronts his father", a shot of Shinji is shown and he's either in his old Unit-01 plugsuit or a plugsuit resembling Unit-01, the wording is a bit ambiguous. Apparently he's in an Eva cage and it's a reminiscence of Shinji and Gendo's first confrontation in the Eva cage in 1.0 as well as the "I am the pilot of Unit-01!" scene from 2.0.

- They saw what appears to be numerous "white Eva-like aircrafts(?)" (or maybe flying white Evas, to be precise) when the narrator says "Farewell, to all Evangelion".

[

The multiple flying white Evangelion part is so weird, apparently all EVA or Angel related technology will disappear as expected, somehow reminiscent of that weird alternative end with Kaworu in one of EVA multiple games
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:47 pm

[/quote]
The multiple flying white Evangelion part is so weird, apparently all EVA or Angel related technology will disappear as expected, somehow reminiscent of that weird alternative end with Kaworu in one of EVA multiple games
[/quote]
Eva Series, maybe?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:49 pm

View Original Postkuro hazama wrote:based on what people are saying on 2ch Its most likely the original Unit 01 plugsuit and everyone agrees Its a weird shot since not only how Shinji gets It back is a mistery, the cage looked like It was comletely retored.

What changed in the Mark 04 was the logo It seems.

They also reverted the order of the shots of the wunder sailing with the fleet, changed the overall look of Unit 02-Mark 09 fight, and there are a lot of camera workk that has been pointed out.

How did they change the looks of Unit 2 X Mark 09 fight? They added more details? Or maybe its more comprehensible?
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:52 pm

That's what I thought, maybe they're not even EVAS anymore and indeed small Wunders. Gosh, this is a weird movie indeed. How many EVAs do we have?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:56 pm

Really wanna see that new preview.
All the changes I've heard sound fine to me, adding Wille logo to one of the ships in the dogma makes the timeline clearer, but it's not a massive game changer.

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:57 pm

all they say is camera work, scale, they say the shots going around the moment Asuka complains about the core shield are very different in this sense but there is a mistake on mark09´s head that wasnt fixed.
also new camera work for:
A shot of the booster jettison.
konemegane, engou!
Shinji reaching the bridge of the wunder after waking up.
Mari reacting at Mark 09 being an adams´s vessel.
Also Shinji wandering after talking with Fuyutsuki looks very different allegedly.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:02 pm

This will merit a detailed comparision thing on the wiki once we have our hands on it.

I feel reminded of the original director's cut of 21 - 24 preceding EoE
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:07 pm

Yeah, this definitely has that 21'-24' energy in terms of changing things here and there to tie itself better to the final installment, I even joked once that the title could be 3.33'. Although 3.333 kind of makes sense now since this is the third version of 3.0, with 3.33 being the second one.

Get it? Two threes. Three threes. Anyone?

Okay, I'll show myself out
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Yes indeed. can't wait until 3.3333

I also agree that it is strange that the directors cut lines up also with 3.333, almost as though they want to build some hype before the real deal
Last edited by dzzthink on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

eldomtom2
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby eldomtom2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:53 pm

View Original PostMr. M wrote:Timeloop will not happen.

Why not? Assuming it's a "recreation of the universe" type thing. Obviously the Rebuilds aren't a sequel in the sense of taking place directly after EoE on the same Earth.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:33 pm

View Original Postkuro hazama wrote:Various people in 2ch are saying the short exchange between Asuka and Rei in mark 09 was cut short, quite a few are saying they didnt hear Asuka saying "Antakoso dareyo!"

One person states the only new shots in the preview are a lot of white-looking evas being shot at and Shinji looking up to unit 01 in the cage, the rest is from the teasers and trailers.

Which conversation was it? Not the one where ReiQ wonders what would Rei Ayanami do and Asuka answers that instead of wondering that she should ask herself what does she wants I hope, as it was a pivotal scene for ReiQ's character arc, as it was the moment that the story made us understand that she would be her own new character and not a soulless Rei clone.

As for the WILLE logo added in the aircraft, while that would be a minor change in the film proper, that would carry big implications to the overall lore (since Anno loves to have the lore explained by background details), because that would mean that WILLE is a much older organization than we though (IIRC the main theory was even that it had been recently founded by the time of Q and that was why there were so many rookies), I like the idea that it was the organization that Kaji and Mari secretly worked for in 2.0, that would make WILLE to IPEA (and the UN) what NERV was to SEELE: their armed wing used to do the heavy (and wet) work, except that where NERV was publicly known and SEELE very secretive, on the other side the IPEA was publicly known and WILLE was a secret(?) organization.
That would explain the UN blue armband the WILLE people use to identify themselves.

Finally, about the scene in the Shin trailer where Shinji is back in EVA-01's cage in his old plugsuit and confronting Gendo... honestly I don't know what to say, that would corroborate the theory that the 01 vs 13 fight somehow happens in Tokyo-3, for which the only explanation I can find is either that it's a battle at the center of the mind (probably Instrumentality related) or that (and I can't believe I'm typing that) that there's time fuckery at play here. OTOH, it's also possible that Anno is aware of the popularity of the time loop theory and is using it in the trailer to mislead us into thinking that it's true.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:08 pm

^"Antakoso dareyo!" is the scene where Rei asks "Who?" when still incomplete beast mode Eva-02 attacks Mark.09 and Asuka answers "And who are you?! = Antakoso dareyo"
The reasoning behind the removal of that scene seems to be that Wille know that most NERV units are piloted by Ayanami series and so that scene Asuka questioning who pilots the unit is unnecessary.
Even Mari knew that the pilot is Ayanami clone based on the fact that she said "Another you was more pleasant" to Rei Q, so Asuka should know about this too, especially since she's spent more time with Rei than Mari and should recognize her voice.
Last edited by Giji Shinka on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”