Not actual news thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Yamashita just posted a previously unpublished pic from 2010 of Mari and Asuka roller blading on one of Wunder's dish antennas

https://twitter.com/ikuto_yamashita/status/507711072241860608

(He does admit he put Asuka's eyepatch on the wrong eye because he mixed it up with Eva-02's damaged head)
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Aww, now I want to see a shiny and colorful Sadamoto or Tsurumaki version of that :( (Think Die Sterne but for Rebuild.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:43 pm

That's just Wunderful. :lol:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Yamashita just posted a previously unpublished pic from 2010 of Mari and Asuka roller blading on one of Wunder's dish antennas

https://twitter.com/ikuto_yamashita/status/507711072241860608

(He does admit he put Asuka's eyepatch on the wrong eye because he mixed it up with Eva-02's damaged head)

Mari and Asuka must have done some pretty interesting shenaningans in the past 14 years! :lol:

Wait a minute... 2010!?
That means that the Wunder was planned since even before the 2011 Earthquake! Is it explicitly said somewhere that the scene take place in the Wunder, or it's just a guessing?

PS: Wait a second minute... is that a freaking DSS Choker they are wearing around their neck?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Mari and Asuka must have done some pretty interesting shenaningans in the past 14 years! :lol:

Wait a minute... 2010!?
That means that the Wunder was planned since even before the 2011 Earthquake! Is it explicitly said somewhere that the scene take place in the Wunder, or it's just a guessing?

PS: Wait a second minute... is that a freaking DSS Choker they are wearing around their neck?

LET THE Asuka x MARI SHIPPING COMME-- oh I'm late, aren't I?
I finally put something here!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:32 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Wait a minute... 2010!?

That's what I thought too! And things like Wille not being able to regenerate Evangelion tissue were planned too!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:42 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:And things like Wille not being able to regenerate Evangelion tissue were planned too!

Wait, where did you saw that?
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Wait, where did you saw that?

The damaged head from the Zeruel battle. ^^
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:13 am

The eye catch did show the TV edit is listed as "Evangelion 3.03' You can (not) Redo"

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:20 am

View Original Postlastcody wrote:The eye catch did show the TV edit is listed as "Evangelion 3.03' You can (not) Redo"

Ans some scenes missing:
[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/746880/Do-you-think-we-will-see-a-NTV-version-of-Q-this-year/#746880[/url]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Yamashita just posted a previously unpublished pic from 2010 of Mari and Asuka roller blading on one of Wunder's dish antennas

That's pretty cool.

He could just flip it; it would work just as well.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:34 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:The damaged head from the Zeruel battle. ^^

That doesn't mean that WILLE doesn't have the mean to generate Eva tissue, just that Yamashita mixed EVA-02's damaged eye with Asuka's.

Also I ask again, does the text in the crawing or an author comment states that it's in the Wunder's dish antenna, or is it just speculation?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That doesn't mean that WILLE doesn't have the mean to generate Eva tissue, just that Yamashita mixed EVA-02's damaged eye with Asuka's.

But if Eva-02 has a damaged eye after 14 years, it's because of Wille lacking technology, like in the movie. I think.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 am

Yamashita's tweet says something along the lines of he was drawing the dish antenna and was thinking of Jet Set Radio Future at the time. Then he mentions the wrong side eyepatch excuse and finally says Wunda-san is gonna come out at 9pm.

I think it's pretty safe speculation that's the Wunder's antenna given the above.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:But if Eva-02 has a damaged eye after 14 years, it's because of Wille lacking technology, like in the movie. I think.

We don't know the circumstances surrounding EVA-02's cyborg part, one theory was that it was indeed repaired hastily 14 years ago, but later when WILLE got the resources to repair it, it was deemed unnecessary since it worked just as fine with the cyborg parts, and the robot arm gave it unparalleled tactical versatility.

I also have that pet theory that on top of the above, Asuka requested her Unit to stay like that, so, like her, it could show its battle scars as a sign of everything they had gone through and survived.

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:and finally says Wunda-san is gonna come out at 9pm.

The hell that even means? :um:

But yeah, that pretty much confirm that the girls are skating in the Wunder's antenna dishes (28 years old mentally mature my ass!), thank you very much.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The hell that even means? :um:

That's referring to the NTV broadcast.

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Merkaba » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:

It sure looks like it. It makes me wonder if the original plan was to have all of the pilots wear them (if the original preview is indeed canon) after Nerv was taken into custody.
Last edited by Merkaba on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:04 am

movie began today at 9pm, also, this is the second time yamashita calls the film "Eva Sin" in english, this second time the Eva was written in katakana though, so maybe its Sin Evangelion
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:45 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:We don't know the circumstances surrounding EVA-02's cyborg part, one theory was that it was indeed repaired hastily 14 years ago, but later when WILLE got the resources to repair it, it was deemed unnecessary since it worked just as fine with the cyborg parts, and the robot arm gave it unparalleled tactical versatility.

I also have that pet theory that on top of the above, Asuka requested her Unit to stay like that, so, like her, it could show its battle scars as a sign of everything they had gone through and survived.

Had never thought about that! We'll see in 4.0 I guess. Well...3.0+1.0. lol

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:59 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Yamashita's tweet says something along the lines of he was drawing the dish antenna and was thinking of Jet Set Radio Future at the time. Then he mentions the wrong side eyepatch excuse and finally says Wunda-san is gonna come out at 9pm.

I think it's pretty safe speculation that's the Wunder's antenna given the above.

According to a friend tiny text on the image says something like:

"On the ship we have nowhere to go so we're always hanging out. Even now we're not special" (or "don't have anything to do"

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”