4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:07 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:And knowing our luck (and Anno's glorious troll sense) the finale of the film will be such a mindfuck clustertroll it will actually trigger 3rd Impact.

someone should inform Harold Camping :D

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:02 am

Has anyone speculated for Final, that Asuka won't take Shinji back to the WUNDER out of pity because of his fear for Misato and it's crew?

I just get this notion (early in Final) that Asuka, seeing Shinji in his current state, will take pity on him by giving WILLE (before she gets picked up by the WUNDER) a bogus story that his entry plug crashed (chutes opened too late) and he had died in the crash, thus leaving him "where the Lilin are". And in doing so giving him his chance to run away from his problems and giving him a fresh start (under a false name) in the place "where the Lilin are" where they teach him hope (words taken from the Final preview).

If anyone has posted a similar speculation (haven't checked all of this thread, yet) please say so, otherwise, this is my speculation, just for the early part of the film, which knowing Anno, will be wrong.

And yes, you're thinking that Shinji can't use a false name as the world would recognise him in a heartbeat, the only problem being is that Shinji is supposed to be 28,not 14, as I don't think that the "Curse of EVA" is common knowledge and hence, the world won't believe that it's him (remember, this is speculation).
I watch and speculate.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:02 am

@ wiser3754 :
Firstly, that place "where the Lilin are" is a mistranslation, her phrase was actually "We'll go someplace where the Lilin can pick us up."

And that scenario is highly unlikely : Asuka seems very adamant that Shinji stops running away from his problems, and letting him flee the consequences of what he did in 3.0 just because he's probably afraid of Misato's and the other's reaction would go against that.

Besides even if she wanted to do it, she can't let him escape : Shinji is still an Impact Trigger, so letting him roaming free is an huge breach of security, and they are in the middle of a desert, not far from neo-NERV territory, I really doubt the survivors of mankind settled around, they will have to be picked up, whether by the Wunder or by a rescue team on choppers. Finally, Shinji completely lost his will to live, if Asuka let him go free, he will just sit in a corner on some ruin and wait to die, if Asuka want him to stay alive, she had to let him under the care of others, alone he can't survive in this new world(and don't even want to for the moment)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Random thought - maybe Kaworu's plan in 3.0 would've worked if both the spears were actually there.

In 4.0 they realize it's what they need to do but they need 2 souls piloting an Eva to handle the spears. SOOOO Asuka & Mari try in Unit 08+02 but fail in an epic action sequence. Shinji, through some way or other, gets in Unit 01 to save Mari & Asuka ... and then reconnects with Rei & Yui. Her soul is in Unit 01 so now there's two souls in the Eva Unit to handle the spears.

Random thought. Seems logical for action sequence magic.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:53 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Random thought - maybe Kaworu's plan in 3.0 would've worked if both the spears were actually there.

In 4.0 they realize it's what they need to do but they need 2 souls piloting an Eva to handle the spears.

I always assumed that his plan would have worked. The real trick would be convincing anyone at Wille of anything to do with spears causing Impact and stuff. In fact, much of the movie could be about Shinji convincing Misato to go along with the plan.

But then there's Shinji's compromised and crippling emotional state from the events of 3.0. Even if he ever does overcome them it will probably take a while. After a prolonged and ultimately doomed battle consisting of Asuka and Mari joining forces, Gendo's Instrumentality might even start before Shinji finds it in himself to get over himself, and suddenly everyone's surrounding Shinji in a collective consciousness, realizing he had this information the whole time and taking him to task about why he never told them how to set things straight again.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:26 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:A random thought. What if FINAL takes place during the time skip? The preview would sort of make sense as well as the repeat sign.

This could very well be possible. FINAL may not take place entirely during the timeskip, but a flashback could be incorporated, most likely in the scene that will open the film.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This could very well be possible. FINAL may not take place entirely during the timeskip, but a flashback could be incorporated, most likely in the scene that will open the film.

It kinda make sense, cuz the 3.0 ended with Asuka, Shinji and Rei walking in the red valley, so could be introduced this "flashback" in the walking scene...at least its how make sense to me...and MAYBE fix the "gap" between 2.0 to 3.0...and all the 3.0 history.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:25 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This could very well be possible. FINAL may not take place entirely during the timeskip, but a flashback could be incorporated, most likely in the scene that will open the film.

I'm really hoping that this doesn't happen, seeing as we would be then left with the most ambiguous fucking ending in the history of ambiguous endings. What I hope for is in the rest of your post; having a short, 10-minute or so flashback before proceeding on with the story.

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 am

View Original PostJurrasic wrote:It's strangely and sadly appropriate too. After all, in what year did the events of NGE/EOE take place?

I remember all those years ago when the NTE was just announced, someone made a joke to the effect that they hoped it wouldn't take until 3rd Impact to finish the series. I wonder how that guy feels now?

Lmao i forgot about this!
Even if it's released in 2016 , it will be released at the same of end of evangelion

Like the reality rejoice the fiction

Anno is awesome

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 am

Khara just tweeted they're recruiting 2D and 3D animators

https://twitter.com/khara_inc/status/344026316636557313
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:32 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Khara just tweeted they're recruiting 2D and 3D animators

- Optimistic thinking : Khara is recruiting for their next production, meaning that FINAL is almost completed! Or maybe since there weren't any departure from Khara recently, if they're recruiting more animators it's actually to finish FINAL even faster! :D
- Pessimistic thinking : if they're recruiting now, it means that they didn't started the animating phase yet, so we're good for at least two years of waiting! :crybaby:
- mixed-feelings thinking : what they intent to put in the movie will be even more epic and over-the-top than what was present in 3.0, so they need even more people!(that can be a good thing, or a bad thing if it get too over-the-top!)
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 am

This probably means that they've been done with the script for a while now, or at least had a fairly refined version of the script as per writing Eva Q before finalizing it. Either way, it would explain why the script is finished so quickly after finishing 3.0, especially since Anno & Co. seem intent on rewrites and refining ideas and such with these films.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:51 am

Well, I don't know about how much time it usually gets to finish the script of a 90 minutes long animated movie, but if that tweet indeed means that they have finished the script, it means that they have been faster than the norm, implying that they were already in it since before Q was finalized and released, which is possible if the rumor that say that Anno scrapped most of the plot for Q mid-way through its creation, or maybe this time Anno has a really clear idea of what he want?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am

Remember guys, every bit of news, regardless of little it reveals (in this case pretty much nothing) is always something to get overly excited about.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

thegoodson
Adam

Postby thegoodson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 am

Maybe they're pushing to meet a winter 2013 deadline with 4 and bringing in a bunch more animators to make sure of it. Yep, gonna keep telling myself that :tongue:

andreh
Lilith

Postby andreh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 am

or maybe they are preparing an OVA covering the events between 2:22 and 3:33? :shifty:
(4.0 in 2015 would be great)
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well, I don't know about how much time it usually gets to finish the script of a 90 minutes long animated movie, but if that tweet indeed means that they have finished the script, it means that they have been faster than the norm, implying that they were already in it since before Q was finalized and released, which is possible if the rumor that say that Anno scrapped most of the plot for Q mid-way through its creation, or maybe this time Anno has a really clear idea of what he want?

I'm pretty convinced he had a clear idea of what he wanted since 2.22, possibly even 1.11. Sure, somethings changed along the way when trying to fit those ideas into specific 90+ films, (what to do with Asuka, whether or not Shinji should "rescue" Rei, ect.) but most of those are just small details that don't seem to effect how Final Impact will turn out. Even in the original series Asuka had nothing to do with Instrumentality's implementation. Heck, Anno could have written Asuka Soryu to be a completely fun and charming girl who always had something encouraging and supportive to say to Shinji and Rei, and EoE still would have ended up with Rei forbidding Gendo to put his thing in her thing in order to cause impact.

The same seems to be true here. Instrumentality doesn't hinge on whether or not Asuka Shikinami has an eye-patch and feels the way she does toward Shinji. In fact, Instrumentality almost doesn't even seem to hinge on whether or not Shinji thought he rescued Rei at the end of 2.22 (which, IIRC, was one of the more drastic changes made to the story during one of the script rewrites). Sure, the characters do play an important role in preventing Impact (whatever we think they think it is), but it's no different within terms of plot progression than Asuka Soryu battling off Harpies in EoE. So now that these small but important character details are behind us, Anno can focus on the plot details he's had in mind this whole time.

(And I'm sure the rest of his creative team knows where he's going with this. Maybe least his co-writers knew something all along, or, if they weren't told, were at least given specific instruction not to meddle with certain aspects to the development of Gendo, Yui, Fuyutsuki, and SEELE, as those three aspects have always been the anchor of sinister Eva plots.)

iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Awesome news bro!

xdiesp
Adam

Postby xdiesp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, if the 4th impact aftermath will be about the infinity series awakening just like 3rd, it would make sense to have 4.0 analyze both the present battle and the past one in 2015 through flashbacks. It would be just hilarious is the infamous 3.0 preview actually proved to be about some 4.0 flashback.
SOUND ONLY

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:48 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Khara just tweeted they're recruiting 2D and 3D animators

If only i was able to talk Japanese correctly , i'll give a try for the job

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”