Jimmy's fics/doujins/videos/etc

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:48 pm

First a new chapter from Grum yesterday, and now new stuff from you...heh, this week's looking great already.

Good art and as cute and funny as always, Jim. :thumbsup:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks!
View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:First a new chapter from Grum yesterday, and now new stuff from you...
Well, if you followed the online version, the only new thing from my part was the last page. ;P

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Well, if you followed the online version, the only new thing from my part was the last page. ;P

Yeah, but I'm one of those lazy bastards who didn't. So it was all new to me. :tongue:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 pm

I've read "The 2nd Try", and I believe that it deserves a...
:asuka_thumbsup:

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:54 am

(Very) Late thanks! XD

Anyway, I figured I should do at least a little Christmas present. Even if it's rushed and I guess it doesn't make too much sense that Aki wouldn't use her favorite color by default. :P

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:18 pm

*Dusts off thread*
Welp, might as well do two Christmas greetings back to back. :P

A bit early maybe, but I figured it'd fit, given the subject. And yeah, I guess it's not just "...for Christmas"... ^^;

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby gorgeousshutin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Just want to give a very late Kudos to Second Try, which is still the most canon-worthy Eva fanfic there is out there even after all this time.
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:14 am

Not sure if I could agree, but thanks! :)

WithinBloom
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby WithinBloom » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Same as the other, great work on The 2nd Try.

I stumbled upon The Ikaris a while ago, and had a pretty great laughing session. Any news on that one?
"I demand one million helicopters and one dollar." - Kei Ayanami, Nobody Dies

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:29 pm

View Original PostWithinBloom wrote:Any news on that one?
Not as much as I'd like to. Especially since I feel a little pressured (mostly by myself) to get AcL back on track. But who knows, I still need something for the upcoming 10th anniversary this summer (god, I'm old...)

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Not as much as I'd like to. Especially since I feel a little pressured (mostly by myself) to get AcL back on track. But who knows, I still need something for the upcoming 10th anniversary this summer (god, I'm old...)

Older, yet Wiser. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:26 am

Hoo boy, Jimmy! I am WAAAAY behind on this one! Looks like you've been making good progress. The feedback is making me keenly interested...
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:07 am

Notice to every French fan of Jimmy's work : some brave soul began a French version of "The 2nd Try", called "La 2ème Tentative", based on the English version.
He's at chapter 2 and so far is doing an excellent job to interpret the English expressions, and used the French version of some terms, like "Élu"(literally "Chosed One") for "Children".

You can find his rendition here :
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9153179/1/La-2%C3%A8me-Tentative
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Maru
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Maru » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:57 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Notice to every French fan of Jimmy's work : some brave soul began a French version of "The 2nd Try", called "La 2ème Tentative", based on the English version.
He's at chapter 2 and so far is doing an excellent job to interpret the English expressions, and used the French version of some terms, like "Élu"(literally "Chosed One") for "Children".

You can find his rendition here :
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9153179/1/La-2%C3%A8me-Tentative

That the translator put a lot of effort into it and worked to convey the spirit as well as the letter, going so far as to use an innovative translation for "Children," is admirable. It makes me want to learn French to read it. As it is, since I already speak German, I think I will have to read "The 2nd Try" in its native tongue. I expect it will be rather a difficult read, but it will be good for me; it's been a while since I read something that long in German, and I'll have a nice, handy English translation if I ever get bogged down, and I already know the plot from the English version.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Nice to hear that you guys like it. He actually asked me if I wanted to check the translation if it's true enough to the source, but since my French is more than a little rusty, I had no real way of doing so. ^^;
So make sure that you'll let him know, I'm sure it's appreciated.

View Original PostMaru wrote:As it is, since I already speak German, I think I will have to read "The 2nd Try" in its native tongue.

Well, the English version is the "native" one (though one wouldn't be able to tell, especially in the first few chapters). I didn't even handle the German translation myself, that was the work of a whole team. But I'm certainly not going to stop you from checking it out. ;)

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Caught!
And it's not even hers! After all, it took a few more days until T2t...
But yeah, it's actually been ten years today since I put "A(n) Happier World" up on ff.net, marking my first contribution to the fandom. Not sure though if it really counts as a proper anniversary, given my long breaks... ^^;

Speaking of which, I had hoped to do a little more than a quickly thrown together pic for this occasion, ie. starting the next AcL chapter. However, my recent move got in the way big time, especially by eating up the few days of vacation I had planned. I thought about throwing up a cover page anyway, but since it'll still be a bit until I can start proper, it probably would have been a bit too much of a tease. Nonetheless, I did finally get the script going at least, currently trying to round it up. Not sure how fast that'll go (especially since I'm not entirely happy how the last part turned out so far...) and I would still have to do the sketching and get my usual head start... So I wouldn't want to promise anything I might not be able to keep... but with a very, VERY big maybe... in about a month...? (Don't hold it against me if I don't make it, pwetty please...?)

Anyway, thanks again for the last 10 years! Thanks to all the pre-readers I had over the years, trying to correct my shoddy writing (only to get all to often ignored :P). Thanks to the translators, who got these stories out to an even bigger audience. Thanks to everyone who liked my stuff enough to do their own spin-offs, references, fanart, etc. Thanks to everyone who spread the word about these stories, recommending them to others. Thanks for every kind review, comment and mail to keep me motivated.
And of course, thanks for your patience. :P

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Congrats on 10 years, Jimmy!
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Jimmy!! :peace:
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Aki-chan!

Nice to see more of her, and as always she's cuteness personified! Is that image happening in the post-3I world, or in the "fixed" timeline, in Misato's apartment?

And as the icing on the cake, we have a new chapter of AcL announced too!
After 3.0's bleakness we really need some nice warm and fuzzy feelings! It gave me the crazy idea of what would happen if Aki ended in the AAA Wunder, just to see Asuka's face when Aki will call her "Mama"(and Mari's fit of hysterical laughing too!), I'm sure that she would manage to melt everyone's heart(even Misato's!) in less than one week!

Anyway, congratulation for your work boy, you deserves them! :thumbsup:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks everyone! :D
View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Is that image happening in the post-3I world, or in the "fixed" timeline, in Misato's apartment?
I don't think I'd consider it "canon" either way. ;)

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:After 3.0's bleakness we really need some nice warm and fuzzy feelings! It gave me the crazy idea of what would happen if Aki ended in the AAA Wunder, just to see Asuka's face when Aki will call her "Mama"(and Mari's fit of hysterical laughing too!), I'm sure that she would manage to melt everyone's heart(even Misato's!) in less than one week!

"Why is Mama a pirate? I wanna be a pirate too!"

Return to “Fan Works”