Jimmy's fics/doujins/videos/etc

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaay! :yippee:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Coldwire
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Coldwire » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:27 am

Hey Jimmy, congratulations to the 10 years of the 2nd try. Any chance of an update on The Ikaris, I've waited years and years for that one. Also loved Long Time No See.
I could hide familiar in my pain
serve my sorrows in vain
or I could step right outside
and show you that I'm alive
I'll leave you behind...

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks! Wish I could give any news on Ikaris (or better yet an actual chapter), but sadly I can't. I had actually toyed with the idea of working on it while I'm gone, as I had (partially) with the last one when I had to leave for the company the last time. But with the schedule on site barely left any time at all between work, sleep and eat. :/

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:55 am

^
I know how you feel dude. Balancing all that and your personal life is a chore and a HUGE ordeal.

Still, it's good to know that you're okay, and we look forward to any update you have. :)

And take you're time. We're patient for great work. How else are we still here when Final isn't even mentioned? :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

As a little notification for those of you [s:2eb0brf5]crazy[/s:2eb0brf5] patient enough to wait reading until a chapter is complete: Chapter 4 is now complete!
Here's the start again for those who rather not go a page back:
http://www.jimmys-desktop.de/aki.php?browse.4.97
And if you'd rather download the entire thing, you can do that too: http://www.jimmys-desktop.de/aki/Aki-chans_Life--Chapter4.zip

Have fun. ^_^

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Wow! Great stuff! I enjoyed it on a quick flick through, and will relish it later.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Yay, it lives! Congrats on becoming an Uncle! And I love the :kamirabu: bits in this chapter.

If you've happened to hear from EB at all, I hope all's been well with him. Seems like it disappeared off the face of the Earth these past few years.

That one mother sure looks like
SPOILER: Show
3.0 Photo Mystery Woman, or Mari herself
, can't wait to see where that goes! :devil:

Keep it up, and don't feel pressured about updates. RL's more important and all.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 am

Going to bookmark that for when I'm on my work break, and also give your stuff a re-read. 2nd Try was one of my favourite pieces of work when I first got into the Eva fandom!

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:58 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Congrats on becoming an Uncle!
Thanks, can recommend it. Has the upsides (playing, cuddling, just watching them do cute stuff...) without the downsides (lack of sleep, changing diapers...) :D

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:If you've happened to hear from EB at all, I hope all's been well with him. Seems like it disappeared off the face of the Earth these past few years.
Haven't heard much, just the yearly birthday mail, but that's as surface level as it gets. :/

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:That one mother sure looks like
3.0 Photo Mystery Woman, or Mari herself
, can't wait to see where that goes! :devil:

Seeing how I still haven't even seen 3.0, I don't even know how that person looks like, so I can't comment on that. ^^;
I guess I did put a bit of Asuka('s costume from the previous chapter) in her, which kinda makes sense, since Ririko's design was a bit of an Anti-Aki (at least with the smooth hair in contrast to Aki's wild one). I think there was a bit of another source which I can't quite recall, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.
They will clash again (as well as the other parents getting a bit more screen time) in a later chapter (ironically probably the one I have the most fleshed-out idea for at the moment, but I really don't want to focus on the kindergarten kids yet again only to not/barely feature them ever again afterwards), but don't expect it to go too deep there. ;)

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:2nd Try was one of my favourite pieces of work when I first got into the Eva fandom!
Thanks, hope it'll can still hold up then. ^^;

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 am

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Seeing how I still haven't even seen 3.0

Seriously, go watch it. It will knock your socks off and is my current favourite of the quadrilogy
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:16 am

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Seeing how I still haven't even seen 3.0, I don't even know how that person looks like, so I can't comment on that. ^^;
Even I've seen the screen shot being alluded to here; and you know my stance on the Rebuilds.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:49 am

A stance most of us ignore due to the unfairness of it
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:14 am

I'd personally wait on 3.0 until Final comes out in order to reserve judgement for the Rebuild series as a whole, such as how I had 10 years of speculation and hope to go off of when I discovered Evangelion as a whole, and EoE.

But in regards to your fic Jimmmy, you already well know my stance on your fics, so does there really need an introduction to my thoughts? :lol:

This chapter was yet another warm ride into the heart-warming life of Aki, but also a nice portion dedicated to characters that need a bit of the spot light too.

Kaji and Misato's "argument" was a nice nod to RE-TAKE, but at the same time humorous as they struggle to figure out the nuances of parenthood. All the while, I kept thinking of "Happy End of Evangelion" by PENGEL when it came to Kaji and Misato's future kids. Until we found out it's a boy.

Overall, what more can be said about Aki that we don't already know and love about her? And that LAST inclusion was just the icing on this sugar cake. :) Thanks Jimmy.

And congrats on becoming an Uncle Jim, the marvel of parenthood and children is always something to treasure. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:45 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Even I've seen the screen shot being alluded to here; and you know my stance on the Rebuilds.
Dunno, if I've every seen the picture in question, I don't recall it and I'm fairly certain that it wasn't an inspiration to Ririko's mom. The Manga was probably more inspiration for that bit (though more thematically) than Rebuild.

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:I'd personally wait on 3.0 until Final comes out
Yeah, that's pretty much my stance as well. Seeing how I wasn't too big on the changes in 1.0 and disliked quite a lot in 2.0, nothing I've seen of 3.0 makes me want to actively seek it out. So I probably won't see until it'll be on TV or 4.0 comes out and fixes a lot of stuff (former being more likely). Sorry, Arcadia. ^^;

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:And that LAST inclusion was just the icing on this sugar cake. :)
LAST as in "last" (Future outlook? PenPen? Cake?) or is that some acronym (Love Asuka Shinji T?) you youngings use nowadays that cranky old me isn't aware of?

But thanks again! :)

Btw, there have been some site issues today in case anyone has been trying (it's back for now). I don't think it was related to the announced server take over/change - at least I hope so, since I haven't heard back from the guy I'm supposed to take it over from yet, and I sure hope he hasn't just canceled the account after all without telling me. XD

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 am

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:PenPen?

Years late but Pen-Pen's sneaking and the "FLY, BIRDY!" bit from chapter one are delightful and make my day whenever I read through them :)
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Jimmy's fics/doujins/videos/etc

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:48 am

Hi everyone,
been a while since I made an update, and to be honest, it's probably going to stay a while like that. I had been thinking of doing the fun fair trip people had wished to see as a (very) short interlude chapter, but since I was home late a lot of the time in the last few weeks due to work and other things, it became quickly apparent that it wasn't meant to be (probably also didn't help that I couldn't decide between a more western fun fair that I'm used to and originally pictured or a more traditional Japanese festival (or a mix of both) :P )

But anyway, hope everyone has a merry Christmas, happy Holidays, or simply a good time if you don't celebrate.
See you next year (I hope...)!

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:25 am

First and foremost, sorry if you thought this update finally meant the start of the new chapter. But yeah, I basically just wanted assure everyone that I'm still alive (though I did have a bit of a medical scare, but nothing was found, so hurray?) and I haven't forgotten about this.
However, that brings us to my second apology. I said on the last page of chapter 4 that I didn't want there to be another year of waiting time, and, well, it's getting quite obvious that it'll be even more than that. -_-
In fact, I'm not even that much further than I was back then. I'm pretty certain now that I'm going to do the trip to Germany next and did have a couple more ideas for it, but it's still not really enough for an entire chapter. I'll see to at least put them down soon, and who knows, maybe the rest will come to me while doing so. Or I'll eventually just say "screw it" and it'll be just the bunch of unconnected scenes that it is currently in my head. But either way, I'm afraid I'll have to make you wait a bit more. :/

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:56 pm

I was wondering where you went! You can look forward to more fan art from me in the meantime.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:30 am

No need to apologize, your stuff is worth waiting for and hell even if you do go the route of unconnected scenes and just cute little moments in their lives that'd be good, always nice to see more of your stuff.

Also glad you're fine after your medical scare!

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 am

Thanks.
"Fine" may be relative, since I'm still a bit shaky, but MRT and neurological checks were fine, so it might just be stress (though I kinda doubt that).

And well, I know how it feels to be on the waiting side, especially when there's no news whatsoever, so I did feel an apology was in order. Especially since I explicitly said that I didn't want to take such a long break, even more so with my updates being slow enough even while active. I mean, at this rate even Rebuild 4 may be done before I am with AcL. ;P

Return to “Fan Works”