Jimmy's fics/doujins/videos/etc

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Jimmy's fics/doujins/videos/etc

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:24 am

Last edited by JimmyWolk on Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm

YAY!
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:05 am

Well, at least made one happy. :P

Anyway, without further ado, the last chapter of "The 2nd try":
http://jimmywolk.studenten-froendenberg.de/eng/nge.php?2nd.end
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1413558/13/The_2nd_try
http://www.evamade.net/e107_plugins/creative_writer/cwriter.php?0.chapter.26.13
http://www.darkscribes.org/site/story.php?story=79&chapter=13

And when you're done with that (if you haven't read at least the previous chapter, you might want to stop right here) go:
http://jimmywolk.studenten-froendenberg.de/eng/aki.php?browse.0.0

The start of my following project, deserving it's own section on my site despite being an "Eva fanwork" too, my web-"doujin", "Aki-chan's Life" (I know, I know, couldn't think of a better title...).
I had the idea a while ago, not sure if before or after the demise of "evacomics", but it was certainly spurred by Rhine's Post-TI strips. Originally, it was supposed to be a typical webcomic too, with jokes and punchlines on each page; using some of the ideas that I just couldn't squeeze into T2t's epilogue anymore. But then small storylines emerged too. So don't be surprised if it doesn't always get you to fall from your chair, laughing (even if it was supposed to, I guess...).
I'm not as stupid to promise anything like "weekly updates" that I know I won't be able to keep sooner or later.
A last thing: It's been awhile since I drew on a regular basis, so bear with me if I'm not quite at my previous height yet, let alone surpass it (Aki needs to ooze more cuteness! XD). Also, this being the first time I'm seriously sticking my head into this whole manga/doujin thing, I still have to get to used to the "typical" elements (panel structure, tones, sound effects...). After all, unlike many mangaka and even some doujinka, I don't have a whole team around me who could do the nasty work with backgrounds and the like... ^^;

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Nice ending man.... Very satisfying. Even if it was a little bit out of the blue. Oh well... Was still nice.

She's up on EFO now too. I took care of that.

Webcomic could be cool, if you do it right. I can't draw for shit meself, but I'd be willing to help with 'something' alright.

One thing I'd like to know is how Aki came back... beyond the 'I woked up'.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 pm

Why, she made a jump through the plot hole of course. :P

Seriously, as I already said in "17th", I wanted the whole time travel to be as vague as possible. Of course I could have easily said it was Kaworu's doing and he held Aki back as long as he could (=before he got killed) so she wouldn't be in danger of getting in between the battles, keeping Shinji and Asuka from doing their "job", etc. But that's been done to death and wouldn't really have been that much more satisfying either.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Well then.... it sounds like there's a challenge in stor for you... :P

Shit... I need to make my own WAFFY style fic work somehow. I need to actually get down into writing it too. You'll probably have youe wbcomic finished by the time I get through a chapter or two of this.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:53 pm

You'll probably have youe wbcomic finished by the time I get through a chapter or two of this.

Knowing my work speed, I seriously doubt that... XD

btw, as for help, while I certainly would be glad if I had someone good with backgrounds, I could actually use some ideas for chapter two, as that would be rather short as it stands today. The introduction in this first chapter will go on for a while and I have quite a couple of ideas after the second, ie. Aki going to Kindergarten, making friends... (her hatred of constricting clothes meeting dress code and Toji helping out there was one of the first ideas for actual storylines).
But before that, the next logical step would be going to NERV for a DNA test. However, aside from the test itself (and even there nothing specific), I only have ideas for one or two pages. And with the Evas and Terminal Dogma gone, there's not all that much interesting left for her to explore... :/
Of course I could keep the planned guest list for the party down, and she meets most personnel at their working place - but there'll already be enough "WHO ON EARTH...?! YOUR DAUGHTER?! NO WAI!!"-moments as it is. Don't really need more...

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:34 am

Page 4 (or 5... or 6... depending how you count...):
http://jimmywolk.studenten-froendenberg.de/eng/aki.php?browse.1.5

:stickpoke:

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:46 am

Jimmy Wolk, I saw that flash, and you are clearly some sort of flash writing diety.

Or something.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Too cool. Did see a couple spelling errors, but judging by the first few pages, I'd say you've gotten the hang this comic thing. :)
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Tabasco wrote: Did see a couple spelling errors
XD That's what you get when using a program without spell check. Maybe I should write the text separately and copy it in .

What was it exactly?

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 am

Asuka's dialogue on page 5 panel 2 is the only one I've noticed.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:47 am

*sigh* So I've been skimming through the episodes to gather details about Misato's apartment for the backgrounds - and already spotted a couple of mistakes I made over the years (biggest being that I set the entrance at the end of the corridor leading past Shinji & Asuka's to the living room - even despite knowing the floor plan before... -_-).

Anyway, it's not a very effective method, for once because just like everything else, the backgrounds and their quality differ quite a lot between the episodes, and also because you can't really see every angle I'd need. So I'm wondering, is there anything that allows free roaming to get a detailed look around? The Eva2 game comes to mind first, but I have no idea how freely you can really go around, if the camera is fixed or if I can quickly get there to get a reference shot.
Or maybe there are some pictures with a straight-forward look on each wall of each room in some Groundworks or similar?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:07 pm

There is a floorplan, don't know about the rest

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks, but I already (re-)found that. What I really need is a detailed look around. What's on (in?) the cupboards in the corner of the kitchen, which side of the doors overlaps the other when opened*, how many leaves are on the plant in the corner on the left to Misato's room...? XP

ed:*Oh, that actually can be seen on the plan.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:08 pm

The Eva2 game comes to mind first, but I have no idea how freely you can really go around, if the camera is fixed or if I can quickly get there to get a reference shot.

:whistle: I have the game on PSP (and PS2). If you'd like I can get some screenies for you hopefully today or tomorrow (once I clean the mess that's my room since I haven't unpacked much yet >_< ).

From what I've seen, not only are the camera angles different but you can also move really freely around. At least I think so.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
The Eva2 game comes to mind first, but I have no idea how freely you can really go around, if the camera is fixed or if I can quickly get there to get a reference shot.

:whistle: I have the game on PSP (and PS2). If you'd like I can get some screenies for you hopefully today or tomorrow (once I clean the mess that's my room since I haven't unpacked much yet >_< ).

From what I've seen, not only are the camera angles different but you can also move really freely around. At least I think so.

Thanks, the knowledge alone should already help. I'm sure I still have a copy around somewhere myself, I just couldn't play it back when I got it and after I learned more about the game it didn't really seem worth the trouble. XD

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:06 pm

Hmm, looks like it only has fixed camera (and the messed-up textures in the emu don't help either). Oh well, I'll see what I can use...

Anyway, new page up:
http://jimmywolk.studenten-froendenberg.de/eng/aki.php?browse.1.6

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:There is a floorplan, don't know about the rest

Nice. It's pretty cool to be looking at that and thinking back to all of the scenes in the show. "Yeah, that makes sense." "I remember that!" and thoughts of that nature come to mind.

On topic, I've only seen the intro and the first page or so on your site, JimmyWolk (I'm at work, so that'll have to do for now), but it looks pretty well done so far. Hopefully the content matches the apparent effort.
Gamer_2k4

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Nice. It's pretty cool to be looking at that and thinking back to all of the scenes in the show. "Yeah, that makes sense." "I remember that!" and thoughts of that nature come to mind.
Yeah, that feeling's really overwhelming now that I'm puzzling the pieces together. I can pretty much instantly tell anyone's position in a scene at the apartment now.
Also presents errors though. Episode 9 might very well be the reason for my "entrance mistake": We see Shinji entering and a couple of Asuka's boxes standing at the sides. Next we see Shinji walking past such boxes towards "his" room and is shocked by its state (not really an error, but a mean cut :( ). A little while later, we have Asuka complaining about the sliding doors, opening and closing hers, and suddenly Misato appears to her left - but there's only a dead end... >_>

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Hopefully the content matches the apparent effort.
I hope so too. :P
But I guess it depends on what one's expecting. It's certainly not going to be huge drama, even if there'll be a serious moment here and there between the rest of the humor/slice of life stuff.

For me, it's good practice either way.

Return to “Fan Works”