What's next after rebuild?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

All the females have a tremendous rack... except Maya and Hikari. :devil:
But that's part of their charm!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm

After the end of 4.0, there will be a congratulations scene. Those watching the movie in theaters will be given a segment of bonus footage: hundreds Misato, Asuka, and Rei lookalikes will enter the movie theater through various doors around the theater and give each and every audience member a lapdance, followed by whatever comes after that. It will end up in a gigantic 4.0 orgy of Instrumentality proportions. The end.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:25 pm

I would like to see 13-26 episode animated series set during the time skip between 2.22 and 3.33.

After that, the only thing left is the LAEM. Which is more than likely going to be terrible IMO.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:After that, the only thing left is the LAEM. Which is more than likely going to be terrible IMO.

Uh, LAEM is as good as dead at this point: https://forum.evageeks.org/forum/laem/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Forever rest in peace, LAEM. :mwahaha:

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Oh it WILL happen eventually. Maybe not for another 10 or twenty years, but it will happen, and we will enjoy hating how terrible and unfaithful to the source material it is. Or at least I will.

Anyway, Timeskip Manga or anime? Do we have to wait until 4.0 for info on the time skip. Like we had to wait for Episode III for Star Wars The Clone Wars cartoon?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:07 pm

If Eva is still a thing in 10 or 20 years, then sure. Though, if it still generates enough interest to attract the eye of Hollywood after that long, as opposed to some other Japanese studio (Toho Co. or something), then I would be really surprised.

Speaking of live-action Eva, we’ve technically already seen that. And I don’t just mean Pacific Rim. This scene was trimmed down and placed inside The End of Evangelion as a dream scene of sorts. I know it might be completely implausible given FINAL’s budget and/or contrary to any visual aesthetic that Anno might be aiming for, but I think it would be kinda cool for the exposition of the 14-year time skip to be filmed in live-action as opposed to animated.

I mean, Cutie Honey had all of their flashbacks presented in animation form. I get why Anno did it for Honey and how it’s different from using the reverse technique for flashback in FINAL as opposed to simply a dream scene of an alternate reality, but if Anno reworks the motivation behind his live-action visuals and decides to keep the emotional emotion of Misato and Asuka very limited within terms of sets and locations, for FINAL, I can see it happening.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't think anybody with the right kind of pull is interested in Eva as a live action, Hollywood film. If you explained the story to a bunch of executives they'd toss you out on your ass, after asking questions like, "Is there a big fight at the end?" and "Which girl does he get with?"

Someone like a Cameron or Nolan or Schneider or Spielberg could get it through, but I've never heard of anyone in that league taking an interest in it. Cameron has been sitting on a Battle Angel Alita adaptation for about twenty five years.

I wish I lived in the universe where LAEM was in production, executive produced by Robin Williams and directed by Ridley Scott with Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich as second unit directors, written by Frank Darabont.

Alas it shall never be.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

At this point I almost wish LAEM would just happen so it could be cast, made, released, suck & forever be forgotten in most conversations. The fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender seem to have been able to move on after M. Night's travesty.

Anywho, a project is never REALLY dead in Hollywood. Batman Vs. Superman was "in production" for almost two decades until the right shitty circumstances came together for Zack Snyder to "treat us" with his flick a few years from now. All LAEM needs to work is some numbers guy to make some connections between a few current blockbuster hits to warrant the existence of the film.

As for what's next after Rebuild:

Whatever it is Anno & the original core creative most likely won't be involved so I'd prefer something that takes place in the Eva universe but is drastically removed from the original Eva cast & story. Like how Diebuster took place thousands of years after Gunbuster or (back to Avatar stuff) how The Legend of Korra is about the generation after the original series.

I love the Eva cast & I know they're the selling point merchandise wise but if there's any value to be add with this universe after Hideaki Anno leaves it'll need to be something unique & original. Not a pointless "fill in the blanks of the missing 14 years" or more stupid spin-off mangas about the female Eva characters - & Kaworu - getting wet over a nondescript version of Shinji.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:01 pm

The ideal thing would be handing over writing and direction of the Evangelion live action movie to me. I think I could bring it in at about two hours and forty-five minutes.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Whatever it is Anno & the original core creative most likely won't be involved so I'd prefer something that takes place in the Eva universe but is drastically removed from the original Eva cast & story. Like how Diebuster took place thousands of years after Gunbuster or (back to Avatar stuff) how The Legend of Korra is about the generation after the original series.

Honestly, though, I feel like "Why even make it Evangelion?" at that point. Just make it a new IP if you're going to make a sequel without the main cast.

The way I see it there's three types of stories left to tell in the main universes: What happens before the series/Rebuild, what happens immediately after the series/Rebuild, and what happens during the timeskip in Rebuild. The only other story I can see that possibly exists is the events of the series/Rebuild from another cast member's perspective (but even that we get so much of already it might be redundant).

Sure you can jump 50-1000 years in the future and tell the story of the next generation and how they face some new and/or unique threat, but why? Those characters don't exist, no one cares about them. No one's emotionally invested in them. What good do they serve to be a part of the Evangelion franchise? Nothing that I can see. In fact, as far as I'm concerned they do harm. If someone came out and made Evangelion 2: Electric Boogaloo with a new cast, that would immediately shove all the original characters out of the spotlight and into the closet. Suddenly the side stories and spin offs would all focus on the new characters, not the old. The figures would be new characters, the merchandise would be new characters, the deals with other corporations like visa or cars or horse races or w/e would be new characters.

Certain other franchises I'd agree, ones that are world driven instead of character driven, but not Eva.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:41 pm

I'm playing along with the thread mostly. Not like I have any say in Eva but if I did I would love for Final to be just that. Final. The End. No more stories, spin-offs, etc.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Eva will more than likely continue after Final. We've got several different variations of the TMNT, Transformers, Power Rangers, and Batman in various movies, TV Shows, comics, cartoons, and books. It's probably going to be the same thing with Eva. People who genuinely love the source will get their hands on it and give their own take on the same story. For better or for worse.

If people are still willing to pay money for it, they will make more. Thats just the nature of franchises. Evangelion included.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42 am

ANIMA turned into an anime series. And a live-action trainwreck.

I hope.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 am

Clearly re-release the films again with a "NEW Director's Cut Edition" label.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:15 am

SPOILER: Show
I think after exploring the relationship between Asuka/Shinji in the last series and Rei/Shinji this series, it's time to either move onto Misato/Shinji or Kaworu/Shinji :D

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:20 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:
I think after exploring the relationship between Asuka/Shinji in the last series and Rei/Shinji this series, it's time to either move onto Misato/Shinji or Kaworu/Shinji :D

but Kaworu is already dead, man how would that even work out?

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:
but Kaworu is dead, man how would that even work out?

necrophilia ftw.

He lost his head, so give him some. Am I right, or am I right?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:27 am

View Original PostYaywalter wrote:
necrophilia ftw.

He lost his head, so give him some. Am I right, or am I right?

:lol: Whatever floats 'ya boat...

- Suicidahlia

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:
but Kaworu is already dead, man how would that even work out?

I was under the impression this was a thread what comes after Rebuild :lol: I was thinking of a an entirely new series for either T.V or Film. You know have a series for both of the other potential love interests, preferably Misato/Shinji next.

Though they could just clone Kaworu :lol:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”