WTF is your avatar and sig from?(h)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm

^No that is what it means. I prefer Rei to Asuka.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Well, never mind then.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 pm

CX, is that the Asian version of Rocky?
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^No that is what it means. I prefer Rei to Asuka.
Why?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:21 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I actually thought Asuka was better than Rei on my second go-around, but that's just me.

Seconded (well, actually, opinion changed before the end of the first run-through). Rei was fascinating from moment one, but Asuka...takes time to warm up to, to put it nicely. Even the most adamant Red fans can admit to that.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Why?

She's different and thoughtful and honorable and pure and foreign. She's an extremely fascinating character, especially in her relationship to Gendo, which as I've said before is the most absolutely broken one in an Aristotelian way, or in a Confucian rectification of names: she's at the same time his mother and daughter and wife and sister and goddess and slave. And her story is dreamlike. This perception of her as a moeblob really needs to vanish, it has nothing to do with the true Rei.
And of course there's the attraction, at first I'd say I was only really attracted to Rei III, there's something about her amorality and aloofness that's a real turn on, but many of the same attributes are found in Rei II. Also I could see myself being with her far, far easier than with Asuka, for so many reasons. It's not like I have any illusions, she still is Lilith, but damned if I wouldn't love a few days' romance with her at the end of the world.
Also I've realized Asuka... is very immature to say the least. So it's awkward to be lusting for her, and difficult for such a thing at all. I can't really take her seriously. She's still really cute though.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:38 am

My goodness. Aggy has seen the light.

Hallelujah! Halle- Oh wait.

Anyway, welcome to Team Blue. Enjoy your stay.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 am

I've decided to temporarily change my avatar to my original one and go with a different signature.

@Stryker: Kobashi is the Japanese puroresu version of Rocky.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Anyway, welcome to Team Blue. Enjoy your stay.

Red beats blue any old day.

But Gendo beats them both. Always. (He's the only Evangelion character I've ever had as an avatar.)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 pm

[quote="View Original PostLavinius"][/quote]
Wow, I really didn't see that coming.For shame Lavinius
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Hallelujah! Halle- Oh wait.

I see what you did there. :beavis: Also, March 1st is coming. You all know what that means...
March Mouthness AKA I.O. (Idols with Open mouths)  SPOILER: Show

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Because upon rewatching Eva I find that I like Rei a lot more.

And the cracks begin to show.

:popcorn:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:18 pm

^Eh?

I think this picture works better, as it's just ink and paper, also it's really fucking hot.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

I know I said the change would be temporary, but I might just stick with this avatar until the end of time. I've had it for so long, it just feels right. :lol: I've tried using a different one twice now, but no avatar seems to suit me as well as this one.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm

I know that feeling. But I will try a new one at some point.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:37 am

Perfect Venus/Minako avatar acquired! :kaos_victory:

Full, from the kanzenban (3rd gen, Japanese release) manga:

SPOILER: Show

Profile pic updated accordingly too.

I'd credit the source, but they have lots of illegal downloads, so I'll just advise using :google: .
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:36 am

Added a new line to my sig. True Detective is an awesome show.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:26 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:She's different and thoughtful and honorable and pure and foreign. She's an extremely fascinating character, especially in her relationship to Gendo, which as I've said before is the most absolutely broken one in an Aristotelian way, or in a Confucian rectification of names: she's at the same time his mother and daughter and wife and sister and goddess and slave. And her story is dreamlike. This perception of her as a moeblob really needs to vanish, it has nothing to do with the true Rei.
And of course there's the attraction, at first I'd say I was only really attracted to Rei III, there's something about her amorality and aloofness that's a real turn on, but many of the same attributes are found in Rei II. Also I could see myself being with her far, far easier than with Asuka, for so many reasons. It's not like I have any illusions, she still is Lilith, but damned if I wouldn't love a few days' romance with her at the end of the world.
Also I've realized Asuka... is very immature to say the least. So it's awkward to be lusting for her, and difficult for such a thing at all. I can't really take her seriously. She's still really cute though.

Welcome to the difference between the real and the imagined.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:00 pm

^I have no idea what you're trying to mean by that.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:^I have no idea what you're trying to mean by that.

Rei is an unattainable ideal, Asuka is a real person. Simple as that.

Return to “Old Stickies”