All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:46 pm

It might be possible that Senketsu is the one to die next episode. We have a song on the soundtrack which has not been used at all yet which has lyrics perfectly suited to Senketsu dying. It's called Till I Die.

The song's lyrics read like something Senketsu would say, and has a beat that sounds like a happier and less threatening Blumenkranz, which connects to Ryuko. I predict that Senketsu being killed by Ryuko is equally likely to Mako dying, and both would be the sole ways to restore Ryuko at this point. On this topic, if Senketsu dies it also would give a new visual for Ryuko wearing his... corpse I guess you could say... into the final battle.

I should also point out that Even with the additions of Tsumugu's DTR and the Nudist Elite Four uniforms we still have repeated outfits in the opening. I have a minor prediction that we will be getting some kind of final episode power up.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Why are people even predicting anyone's going to die again? Mako dying is laughable. The whole "21 I die" thing has been used twice previously to say she'd die, and obviously both were wrong, and the fact that the image has to be rotated like that is just grasping for straws. If Mako was going to die she would have died the episode before Christmas when Ryuuko was going berserk.

Senketsu is a fair bet for dying, but if he dies it won't be next episode.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Some thoughts about the Kamui speaking to Tsumugu in episode 5.

The Kamui never leaves Ryuko's hands. We see Senketsu leaping to butt heads with Tsumugu, but in the following shot, there they are, both in the same position. There's no way Ryuko would have let go of Senketsu at that moment. Why would she have? It makes me doubt the reality of that scene.

As a side note, there's a rainbow pattern that makes up the background- a rainbow looking suspiciously similar to the colors of Ragyo's hair. I'm not sure if this has significance, but have at it.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:10 am

extended preview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1edher

SPOILER: Show
holy balls, that's a lot of blood and action coming. Nudist Beach Satsuki, Mako with Senketsu, blushing Nui, looks like where are going to space

Also Rei is back

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CalicoCat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CalicoCat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:40 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Some thoughts about the Kamui speaking to Tsumugu in episode 5.

The Kamui never leaves Ryuko's hands. We see Senketsu leaping to butt heads with Tsumugu, but in the following shot, there they are, both in the same position. There's no way Ryuko would have let go of Senketsu at that moment. Why would she have? It makes me doubt the reality of that scene.

As a side note, there's a rainbow pattern that makes up the background- a rainbow looking suspiciously similar to the colors of Ragyo's hair. I'm not sure if this has significance, but have at it.

There's possibly a simple, canonical explanation of why Tsumugu can hear Senketsu:
Senketsu is the Senketsu Zero that consumed Kinue. Her DNA is mixed up with him in a similar way to Ryuko's. That's also why he doesn't remember anything before Ryuko activated him - Isshin would have wiped his memory so that he wouldn't remember that he "ate" someone previously.

Not sure that the extended trailer for #21 supports this prediction, but I was wondering whether Satsuki was going to try something crazy like get in close to Ryuko, then throw Senketsu over her. Then we could have a battle within Ryuko's mind between Senketsu and Junketsu:
  • Literal battle between the two - what would they look like? Could be cool.
  • Good Ryuko vs. Evil Ryuko. Meh - "Mirror Stage" is a bit too obvious.
  • Proxy battle: Isshin vs. Ragyo, or
  • Proxy battle: Kinue vs. Ragyo
Alas, not sure the evidence supports this now. Ah well.
Happy to see Rei back! (Can't explain why I have a thing for her - she's hardly a major character). Probably can't set anything by this, but interesting that we see her between Ragyo and Nui, almost like she's in charge, and also when we see the COVERS "launching". Nui's blush - could she really be changing sides? Rei as the real final boss (after all, it's always the Grand Vizier that's really in charge in the legends)? To misquote Senketsu, "Crazy plot twists are the hallmark of Kill la Kill!"

Another legendary reference:
Satsuki, Ryuko and Nui all have to be sisters. Yes, I know I wasn't completely behind Ryuko being Ragyo's daughter - a cat can change his mind, can't he? Why?
Three sisters? Threads? Scissors?
Yep - looks like a Three Fates reference. I should have realized earlier. Age-wise, that means:
  • Satsuki = Atropos (lit. "She that cannot be turned", appropriate!) - she who cuts the thread of life
  • Ryuko = Lachesis - she who measures the thread of life
  • Nui = Clotho - she who spins the thread of life
Fun fact: This would make Satsuki vs. Nui a rematch of the Knight of Gold II vs. the Junchoon in Five Star Stories. Clotho and the Junchoon won that one, though... :sniffle:

KlK Good(-ish) Ending:
Senketsu sacrifices himself to destroy the Original Life Fiber. Everyone else except Ragyo survives. Ryuko and Nui both become normal humans. Nui enrols in Honnouji Academy and spends all her time annoying her Onee-sama, Ryuko. Nui x Nonon becomes a thing, because I can just see those two annoying the hell out of each other.
Do not throw souls!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:extended preview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1edher

holy fuck thats a lot of blood and action coming. Nudist Beach Satsuki, Mako with Senketsu, blushing Nui, looks like where are going to space

Also Rei is back

Wow, that's a brutal beatdown here, Ryuko really isn't fucking around! :cringe:

Apparently Senkentsu on Satsuki as the exact same form than when Ryuko wears him, I'm a little disappointed, I was expecting a new appearance for the Steel Queen.

But at least Satsuki is rocking the Senkentsu Senjin and Shippu, which is cool, she still seems to be heavily losing though.

I found Nonon going all "Commando" and dual-wielding multiple rocket launchers hilarious! :lol:

I lack context to see what Nui's blush means personally, but she seems to be on the Naked Sun's deck, a crazy!Ryuko + Nui tag team would really be the worst situation ever for NB!

On the image of Mako I can't distinguish if she's really wearing Senkentsu(what an improvement from her old 2-Stars Uniform!) or if he's just pressed against her.
If it's the first, that would mark a really heartwarming development for Mako : in episode 16 she said that she wasn't ready to get naked(that would explain why she was back in her Honnouji Academy uniform in episode 20), and Senketsu requires to not have any shame of being wore and exposing your skin to exploit his full power, so that mean that for her friend Ryuko, Mako is really ready to "get naked"! :D

If Satsuki goes in NB uniform, that means that there's little chance that she'll don a kamui again...

Why do I get the feeling that the Kyruin butlers are going to be the first sacrifices to Shinra-Kotetsu?

In the final image, crazy!Ryuko is using the scissors' Decapitation Mode, looks like she really stopped fucking around!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 am

That preview may be the best thing I've ever seen.... Hope the episode doesn't disappoint.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Quadhonk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Why are people even predicting anyone's going to die again? Mako dying is laughable. The whole "21 I die" thing has been used twice previously to say she'd die, and obviously both were wrong, and the fact that the image has to be rotated like that is just grasping for straws. If Mako was going to die she would have died the episode before Christmas when Ryuuko was going berserk.

Senketsu is a fair bet for dying, but if he dies it won't be next episode.

This. When you really think about it noone has died besides Dr. Matoi/Bowie (in a flashback sequence) and that student from episode 1 (whom you can see in a crowd later on). The anime is named kill la kill yet no one has really died. I suppose for the sake of drama someone has to die before the end though.

I have just stopped trying to guess what's going to happen next. The fan theories are only accurate 1 out of every 10 times.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:53 am

Well, we suppose that people died during the "No-Late Day Race" (Maiko was all the hammy insane backstabber you wanted, but she knew her traps!), the first seven days of the Natural Election(when the Elite Four and Ryuko were just resting) and during the Tri-City Raid, but they were all One-Star anonymous, so they don't count! -o-;
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:14 am

20 episodes and you guys still don't get the context of the title

The Japanese phonetic rendition of the phrase "kill la kill", "kirurakiru," can be interpreted in several different ways, combining a verb meaning "to dress up" (or something along those lines) with the English word "kill" (as a loan word)...so it can mean something like Dressed to Kill, or Kill to Dress, or any number of similar interpretations.

When you take the show into context that the villains are represented by clothes everything starts to makes sense. Ryuuko defeats her enemies with a pun that is "stripped of the will to fight" as she kills their clothes (and it is translated from "Fiber Lost, literally) and it should be obvious by now that the killing refers to COVERS.

also translation of the preview

>Have you ever been given clothes by someone?
>Then you think "these clothes wouldn't suit me at all" and throw them into the closet just like that.
>You're bound by your own image of yourself; not being able to wear new clothes is a very common thing.
>But should you want to be reborn into a new you, you need to break through that shell and give it a try.
>Steady your heart and just try wearing it.
>When you've decided, wearing it settles it.
>Ryuuko and Satsuki, the conclusion of their destined battle.
>Next time on Kill la Kill: Incomplete

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:28 am

I never knew that the "ra" in "Seirafuku" got dropped or that "Fascism" was called "Fassho" in Japanese. Punny indeed!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:translation of the preview

[...]
>Ryuuko and Satsuki, the conclusion of their destined battle.
>Next time on Kill la Kill: Incomplete
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Quadhonk » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 am

@Fireball:: Ah yeah I've never seen that. Makes sense now.

Still has kill in the name and nobody dies though. Even those students who fell into the deepfryer in episode 2 jumped out perfectly fine albeit crispy. Trigger kinda created a world where people are really hard to kill though. I'm kinda interested in how they would go about killing someone off considering everyone is so god-amazing powerfull.
Last edited by Quadhonk on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:

Incomplete could mean anything and I should mention every single episode is named after a song title.

View Original PostQuadhonk wrote:@Fireball:: Ah yeah I've never seen that. Makes sense now.

Still has kill in the name and nobody dies though.

The clothes get killed. It doesn't refer to humans.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:06 pm

View Original PostCalicoCat wrote:
Senketsu is the Senketsu Zero that consumed Kinue. Her DNA is mixed up with him in a similar way to Ryuko's. That's also why he doesn't remember anything before Ryuko activated him - Isshin would have wiped his memory so that he wouldn't remember that he "ate" someone previously.
KlK Good(-ish) Ending:
Nui enrols in Honnouji Academy and spends all her time annoying her Onee-sama, Ryuko. Nui x Nonon becomes a thing, because I can just see those two annoying the hell out of each other.

The thing that Kinue was wearing when she got eaten looked nothing like Senketsu; it seemed to be a lab coat of some kind, possibly the very same type of lab coat Isshin was wearing when Nui attacked and killed him.

As to the second spoiler: :lol:

We'd better get some of that in September's OVA.

Also, One Piece nipple lights.
Aikuro best watch his back.

CalicoCat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CalicoCat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:55 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:The thing that Kinue was wearing when she got eaten looked nothing like Senketsu; it seemed to be a lab coat of some kind, possibly the very same type of lab coat Isshin was wearing when Nui attacked and killed him.

I expect he went through some "alterations" before getting to Ryuko; after all, what kind of leader would put his team in sailor suits (or his daughter in a lab coat)?

What, you can think of a few people? :lol:
Do not throw souls!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Rewatching episode 16, it really looks to me like Senketsu was created as he was. He even says, "I was created in that underground laboratory."

But hey, your theory is good. I don't see why that couldn't indeed be the case. We'll learn when we learn, right? :lol:

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:33 am

Oh my I just had the thought of Nonon dancing, like in a modern way, and she has such a great body, and... and... and... aah. :heart:
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:12 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Nonon dancing, like in a modern way,

modern way

Hello, Henry Crun, long time no see!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:29 am

This is so true :

:lol:

Although I would put cyber-Gendo from 3.0 at the same level than Ragyo, both broke the mind of their child and forced them to fight their friend to the death.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Studio Trigger”