Shin Eva - New Teaser (01-29-21)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Shin Eva - New Teaser (01-29-21)

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:59 pm

@artyum

That reaction gif had me dying.

I'm still pretty against reset/loop as of now but would be open to the idea if it somehow doesn't cheapen Shinji's growth and development.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:12 pm

I don't understand what the problem is with time travel, parallel universes and simulation reality, if Anno wants to use them he obviously thinks they are a good way to get the message out to the fandom.
Shun the problem is that it would be strange to bring it out so suddenly, because it is not what we have been used to until now. As JoelcrNeto said we will have to wait for watching the film for give a judge, if there is really time travel in the film and it is used in the right way then I have nothing to complain about.
In You Can (NOT) Redo Shinji cannot change the world because in the Dogma there are two spears of Longinus, instead of a spear of Longinus and a spear of Cassius.
We don't know what really would have happened if there had been Cassius' Spear as Kaworu hoped, given the ambiguity of Kaworu's character, I don't know if I can trust his words. I believe Cassius's spear would have somehow weakened the effects of Barrier L and perhaps slowly made the world habitable again, but as I said before I don't think we'll have to trust all that Kaworu talk about becoming the hope of the Lilins alongside with Shinji although I still think he really cared about Shinji.
Shinji has not learned that he doesn't want to change the world with a magic, Shinji because of circumstances has simply found himself in the position of not being able to change the world.
This is true. At the end of the day, Shinji was manipulated, I don't think realizing he's been screwed is the same as learning an important lesson.
And looking at his determined expressions in the Shin Evangelion trailers, I would say that in the latest film Shinji will go from "I can't do it" to "I don't want to do it".
Shun this part of your post instead manages to convince me.If there is really going to be time travel, I think we can really get there.Shinji may simply decide to move forward by accepting himself and his mistakes, thus making time travel seem like a way to learn from your mistakes instead of a shortcut.

Shun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 pm

@artyum
Yep, there are the Sealing Pillars and I mentioned Yamato's Cosmo Cleaner in my AVANT 1 analysis article, I recommend you to read it. However we don't know if the effect of the Pillars is temporary or permanent, we don't know how many Pillars it takes to restore the whole world, we don't know if the Pillars will continue to work after the Final Impact, we don't know anything.
But obviously Anno will not use the magic pillars as a motivation to accept the present world. The reason that must push Shinji to accept the present world must also be useful to us, like in EoE the lose of emotions and indentity in the Sea of LCL are a cons, and understanding this Shinji decides to return to the real world.

@FXArmaros98
By HIP I mean what happens after Final Impact, and certainly we will see it.
In EoE Third Impact is the transformation of humanity into LCL, while HIP is the union of souls and hearts in the Sea of ​​LCL. In NTE the Final Impact consists of the opening of the vortex and some other event that is perhaps connected to the Failures of Infinity, while we doesn't yet know what HIP consists of. I am convinced that we will discover all this in Shin Evangelion.
Probably the difference between EoE and Shin is that in EoE the Third Impact is caused by Shinji when he strangles Asuka in the kitchen and he wants everyone to die, while in Shin it is likely that the Final Impact is caused by Gendo and Shinji is in the middle of the events. Consequently Shinji will be inside the HIP, here he will fight against the Eva-13, and here he will meet Rei and Kaworu.

we will have to wait for the film to judge, if there really is time travel in the film and it is used the right way then I have nothing to complain about.

This is the purpose of my post. My point is: can time travel/parallel universes/reality benchmark be used by Anno to teach Shinji to accept his mistakes and the present world? Yup. I did not say that Anno will use these tricks, I said that these tricks can convey a meaningful message if used in the right way. Anno can and should use what he deems most suitable to convey the message he has in mind.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:50 pm

Also the Pillar in Paris doesn't seem to revert the damages done from the battle earlier, so it's more like a really fancy and gigantic decontamination device than a time-reversing one. It's quite bonkers, yeah, but still in the fantastical range of anything else shown in the films so far.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 pm

ShinjiStranglesAsuka Personally the only reason I'd like to see the Loop confirmed is that we will finally have the explanation as to why Kaworu has known Shinji for so long.If I were in Anno I would confirm the planetary reset but I would give any kind of confirmation on the fact that the anime and the Rebuilds are connected, I mean it is not necessarily Time Loop = Sequel.Too bad that even after this movie is released a lot of people will use the fact that Soryu appeared in Until You Come To Me as a confirmation to say Time Loop = Sequel instead.

Edit: I wanted to reply to your post, but instead I stupidly edited it. I apologize for that. (This is what happens when you try to do important things when tired).
-Zusuchan
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:01 pm

View Original PostArtyumR wrote:sorry but THERE IS MAGIC tech to rebuild the world and we've witnessed what exactly that technology is capable of in the first ten minutes of shin evangelion which is something I wouldn't expect but did happen and nobody here seems to care, the world is not completely beyond salvation you just need that thing to "rebuild" the entire civilization something that only could happen in anime.

If you're talking about the spear of Cassius, and what Shinji and Kaworu tried to do at the end of 3.0, it's important to note that Kaworu never said to Shinji that they will restore the world with those spears, but talked in a neutral manner that could be translated as "with EVA-13 and the spears, even repairing the world can be possible", with the fact that if you analyze his words and -more importantly- his numerous omissions when he explained to Shinji was happened and who were the players of the war, makes me think that it's very possible that even if they had the two different spears as planed, it still would had led to Instrumentality. Remember that unlike NGE, at no point did Kaworu said that he was against SEELE's plans of Instrumentality or that it was wrong (hell, he even purposefully avoided to even mention them to Shinji, despite how important they are in the current war).
There's also Asuka's reaction when Shinji said that he didn't wanted to trigger an Impact, but save the world with the spears, which by the way she looked at him and answered "You really are a brat" implies that he will actually trigger an Impact if he does that. (and WILLE is much more knowledgeable about Impacts and spears and whatnot than Shinji)

Yes, there is technology to reverse coreification, as shown in the trailer with the pillars, they probably have limitation in their use (like range, or that the effect were only temporary), or else WILLE would had used it a long time ago, so it's very probable that unless being used in a truly global scale (or successively at the edge of every purified zone until none remain) it won't be currently possible to repair the planet, due to the roaming bands of Mark.04s everywhere. What 3.0 warns is against a global magic button that will fix everything in one go, as such a power certainly comes with a price to pay (like an impact)

About the time travel theory, let's temporarily join the bandwagon for fun: since Shin's subtitle is a nod to a British sci-fi novel about sending messages through time, one possibility is that Shinji and/or others won't travel themselves through time, but will send messages and/or memories to their past selves from before everything had gone to hell so they can prevent it from happening, it's like the videogame Outer Wilds (fantastic game btw, I recommend it to everyone),
SPOILER: Show
where the "time travel" is actually alien technology sending the memories of your loop to your past self (and thus technically nothing until the last loop actually happened)
, but then there's the question of what the hell is EVA-13 also doing in the past, since it was only built 14 years later, so either that's another mislead from Khara and that Eva will be a different one (like Mark.06, we would finally see it in action), or there's no time travel at all.

Another possibility is that this is Instrumentality showing to Shinji the possibility of fixing the past to prevent the events of N3I and the next 14 years to happen, but for a price (Instrumentality will then happen for sure, or SEELE will be able to escape scrutiny and try again some day), so Shinji will refuse to "try again' with the risk that everything WILLE fought for will be for naught, instead of continuing in the current world, damaged but completely free from SEELE and NERV's schemes.
Yet another possibility is simply that Instrumentality (maybe under Gendo's control) tries to subdue Shinji by showing him a "perfect" world where instead of N3I, he and the others found a way to send information to the past and they managed to defeat Gendo, SEELE their EVA-13 (which will be our/and Shinji's clue that something isn't right), until Shinji rejects that false reality.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:04 pm

View Original PostShun wrote:I don't understand what the problem is with time travel, parallel universes and simulation reality, if Anno wants to use them he obviously thinks they are a good way to get the message out to the fandom.

It may surprise you, but Anno is not the incarnation of perfection. Like any human being, he can make wrong choices, even as an artist. He is not among the best of cinema history.....and most of them failed, at least, once.

For time travelling would be everthing he has been preaching until 2021 : face reality, deal with your mistakes and keep forward.

As I've said befor, I would have no problem if time travelling or any manipulation of time and space had been a rule from the beginning. In the fourth movie is the equivalent of "he was a clone all along" or "midiclorians" .

And remember : the loop theory doesn't mean any link with NGE. It's pretty compatible with NTE being an stand alone works, as its creators always stated.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Shun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:20 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:For time travelling would be everthing he has been preaching until 2021 : face reality, deal with your mistakes and keep forward.

And remember : the loop theory doesn't mean any link with NGE. It's pretty compatible with NTE being an stand alone works, as its creators always stated.

Yep, accept yourself and the present world. I recommend you to read my comment here: thread/20041/AVANT-1-italian-analysis-and-Rebuilds-message/#p892293

Btw, I never talked about sequels between NGE and NTE, as you can read in my comments in this thread: post/898369/Theories-Disproven-By-Outside-Evidence/#p898369
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

GunmetalSnail429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GunmetalSnail429 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostThe_Max#908866 wrote:Waiting for a translation of what Misato says in the Teaser, I only catch names and "sayonara, subete no Evangelion" :D

"To bring an end to everything, Shinji Ikari faces off against Gendo." If that old bastard is piloting Unit 13 I'm gonna shit.

"And... Shinji makes a decision. Farewell, all Evangelions." Anno please. Don't do this to me.
God's in his Heaven because He's scared of our superior firepower...-Yui Ikari

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:04 pm

If that old bastard is piloting Unit 13 I'm gonna shit.
GunmetalSnail429 I believe that although it is very likely that Gendo will use Nebuchadnezzar's Key to sacrifice his soul to Evangelion 13, I am also very open to the possibility of a betrayal of Fuyutsuki or a bad joke on the part of Kaworu's soul that might be at the interior of Evangelion 13.

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:50 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
View Original PostShun#909027 wrote:I don't understand what the problem is with time travel, parallel universes and simulation reality, if Anno wants to use them he obviously thinks they are a good way to get the message out to the fandom.

It may surprise you, but Anno is not the incarnation of perfection.

Neither are you.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:21 pm

These trailers/teasers are very confusing. Are we still going to have mark.06-like green eva series or did they replace them with "refurbished" FOIs?

Those white FOIs seem inanimate but in a previous trailer unit 02 is firing at them... I can't wait to know what's been happening behind the scene if the plot changed during development.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:16 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:These trailers/teasers are very confusing. Are we still going to have mark.06-like green eva series or did they replace them with "refurbished" FOIs?

Those white FOIs seem inanimate but in a previous trailer unit 02 is firing at them... I can't wait to know what's been happening behind the scene if the plot changed during development.

There's no hope whatsoever for any Mk06 EVA clone thing anymore (for good), instead we have the MP EVA series that may be refurbished FOIs as you said.
Yes, they look like inanimate thus not so dangerous, but I doubt, EVA02 in the new preview almost got hit by a levitating EVA and Mari is actually damaged in her shoulder, they clearly aren't that friendly at all.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 am

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:
View Original PostJäeger#909048 wrote:
It may surprise you, but Anno is not the incarnation of perfection.

Neither are you.

Man, Anno is a grown man and a public artistic figure, criticism is inherent to the job.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:10 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Edit: I wanted to reply to your post, but instead I stupidly edited it. I apologize for that. (This is what happens when you try to do important things when tired).
-Zusuchan
No problem Zusuchan it happens to everyone to make mistakes, especially if you are not in the best of physical form, however that post for me was not so important, it would only have risked making this thread change too much in a fight about the loop theory :tongue:

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 am

I'm glad you understand.

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:24 am

https://youtu.be/fdqw_oqup-8

Now in official quality from Khara

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am

March 8 is also International Women's Day
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am

A toast to the women of Evangelion! :kampai: :ritsuko_mug:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 am

View Original Postgirlifyoudidnt wrote:https://youtu.be/fdqw_oqup-8

Now in official quality from Khara

This is the official link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkFQ0A8hic

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”