Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby pwhodges » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:01 am

View Original PostFelpino wrote:So... nothing, huh?

No one realistically expects a camrip before the film is shown outside Japan.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Macattack0344
Embryo

Postby Macattack0344 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 am

I think Q had a camrip before it's international release. IIRC it was very low quality.

However, the didn't have COVID-19 and modern piracy impediments to deal with back then, so who knows.

The fact that no one can visit Japan right now likely has the biggest impact on cam rip development. Any rip would have to be uploaded from Japan. A risk I can't imagine anyone would want to take knowing how litigious Khara appears to be.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 am

View Original PostMacattack0344 wrote:I think Q had a camrip before it's international release. IIRC it was very low quality.

Ah yes, in the first complete one you could only see half the screen (I have the half imagine of Shinji's "what have I done" face during Fourth Impact burned into my mind) - After the 2.0 one I spent a few months believing that Mari's second suit was light red, not pink cause the colors were so wonky
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:15 pm

The kicker is that there actually is a decent quality camrip out there; the people who have it are just keeping it incredibly close to them.

I mean, it’s not like they could just buy a $50 computer, upload it online through the WiFi of a Starbucks, and then throw the computer in the nearest lake.....in Minecraft of course.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Macattack0344
Embryo

Postby Macattack0344 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Has the existence of a full camrip ever been confirmed beyond that random auction and some second hand info?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pm

what im waiting for the most now is visual of the gendo backstory sequence...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:52 pm

View Original PostMacattack0344 wrote:Has the existence of a full camrip ever been confirmed
Circumstantially by the slow trickle of new material with similar audience foreground, like the Shikinami instrumentality and more recently the Kaji Jr at the sealing pillars sequences. OTOH the initial leaks that briefly appeared on YouTube seemed to come from some South American group, but later stories had a Chinese group distributing the alleged rip to folks willing to doxx themselves.

Of course it's possible that multiple rips exist, and Khara's crackdown warnings have worked to suppress everything beyond sneakernet level transmission. For example this is clearly a from different viewpoint than the early Ube Station leaks

SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Damn, I know I have to type "spoilmerotten" every time I come to this specific subforum, but could we please try to minimize it here? I get it, this is a spoiler forum, but this is the only place I know to check for updates on when I can actually watch the thing :sniffle:
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:04 am

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:but this is the only place I know to check for updates on when I can actually watch the thing :sniffle:
I would expect mention to be made in the open forum Waiting for 3.0 + 1.0 thread when one eventually leaks.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:42 am

View Original PostMacattack0344 wrote:I think Q had a camrip before it's international release. IIRC it was very low quality.

However, the didn't have COVID-19 and modern piracy impediments to deal with back then, so who knows.

The fact that no one can visit Japan right now likely has the biggest impact on cam rip development. Any rip would have to be uploaded from Japan. A risk I can't imagine anyone would want to take knowing how litigious Khara appears to be.

Record it... 7zip-encrypt-split it, upload to a different cloud each piece and share with a contact overseas, give him the password via self destructing Telegram, then he joins the 7z parts and decrypts it, then lets it loose on TPB, the cat site and the deep web
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:01 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Of course it's possible that multiple rips exist, and Khara's crackdown warnings have worked to suppress everything beyond sneakernet level transmission. For example this is clearly a from different viewpoint

SPOILER: Show

Seeing how meta this image is, I suppose that it takes place during Rei's section of Instrumentality?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:11 am

That's correct.
For visitors who don't want to see any  SPOILER: Show
It's a giant warehouse filled with costumes, set pieces, drones, and all sorts of things that would be around if Evangelion were filmed as some kind of indie, do-it-yourself modern tokusatsu project. It fits in with some of the earlier set design of Shinji and Gendo battling it out in different locations from Shinji's memory, with Shinji even crashing into a painted backdrop during their fight in "Tokyo-3".

I wonder if it's as much Rei's instrumentality as it is Shinji's.

(This is the spoiler subforum, isn't it? Do I have to be censoring my stuff?)

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Sat May 01, 2021 3:57 am

You don't have to censor any Eva-related stuff in the spoiler subforum, no.

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sat May 01, 2021 4:14 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:(This is the spoiler subforum, isn't it? Do I have to be censoring my stuff?)

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:You don't have to censor any Eva-related stuff in the spoiler subforum, no.

You can use spoilers in the spoiler subforum but it's not elegant to use them where they are not needed. What is the relation between spoilers and info about the camrips? There are no camrips, there is one, two, one is incomplete, one lacks the last 30 min, one has awful sound, one is from Mexico... how come spoilers are needed to talk about the existence and characteristics of camrips? :cringe:
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 pm

View Original PostFelpino wrote:So... nothing, huh?

This was from a few weeks ago, but an anon on 4chan apparently got in contact with a friend of the sole possesor of the camrip. He confirmed it exists in full length, but the owner of the camrip said he doesn't plan to upload it.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Velorex
Banned

Postby Velorex » Wed May 12, 2021 2:30 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:Damn, I know I have to type "spoilmerotten" every time I come to this specific subforum, but could we please try to minimize it here? I get it, this is a spoiler forum, but this is the only place I know to check for updates on when I can actually watch the thing :sniffle:

I feel the same tbh I have this thread bookmarked to avoid spoilers, this is the only thing im interested in within 3+1 spoilers
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 pm

View Original PostVelorex wrote:
View Original PostAdamMalkovitch#921619 wrote:Damn, I know I have to type "spoilmerotten" every time I come to this specific subforum, but could we please try to minimize it here? I get it, this is a spoiler forum, but this is the only place I know to check for updates on when I can actually watch the thing :sniffle:

I feel the same tbh I have this thread bookmarked to avoid spoilers, this is the only thing im interested in within 3+1 spoilers

Mr Tines already said that any news about a camrip will be announced in the Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0 thread in the non-spoiler part of the forum, for the benefits of those who only visit this thread and want to stay unspoiled.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Velorex
Banned

Postby Velorex » Thu May 27, 2021 6:47 pm

so whats with this buzz in hearing about some new rip?
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Thu May 27, 2021 6:56 pm

A few new screenshots have surfaced, that's all
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:A few new screenshots have surfaced, that's all

Only new screenshot I saw was of Asuka's encounter with her angel version during the Unit 13 fight, other than that I haven't seen much
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”