Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm

I'm sort of in two minds about the whole camrip business. On the one hand, I would love to give my money to the good people at Khara and Gainax. On the other hand, I want to see the movie as soon as I can, even though I can't understand a word of spoken Japanese.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I'm sort of in two minds about the whole camrip business. On the one hand, I would love to give my money to the good people at Khara and Gainax. On the other hand, I want to see the movie as soon as I can, even though I can't understand a word of spoken Japanese.

Nothing stops you from getting a camrip and then buying the DVD or BR when they'll be released in your country. That's what I did (ripped Jo, Ha and Q and then bought the BR when they were released in France).
Plus all Rebuild movies have a strong rewatch value, so you can see the camrip to see the conclusion of the story, then wait for a HD version to be available to buy to be able to see all the little details sprinkled all over the movie, giving little tidbids of extra-lore, and finally go see it in the theater if it has a release in your country to have the full super HD and surround sound experience. (and trust me, seeing them in theaters is a whole new experience compared to a computer screen or a TV)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:19 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:
View Original PostStan#915394 wrote:Any other news on a full camrip besides the one that got auctioned for Bitcoin?

Just that khara is aware of the pirating and super pissed off.

Oh no! What a shock! Only releasing one of the most anticipated animated movies of all time in one country instead of doing a simultaneous international release was a perfect idea! How could we have possibly foreseen this??

Mad respect for the staff that actually worked on making the film, but these Toho tards are driving me up the fucking wall.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:24 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:a simultaneous international release
Meaning delay the film for about another 12 months, under the current circumstances. That's a long time spent not recouping the development costs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:13 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:Oh no! What a shock! Only releasing one of the most anticipated animated movies of all time in one country instead of doing a simultaneous international release was a perfect idea! How could we have possibly foreseen this??

Mad respect for the staff that actually worked on making the film, but these Toho tards are driving me up the fucking wall.

You are aware that most of the world's other countries have their theaters still closed due to the pandemic, right? Had Khara/Toho released the movie in streaming platforms right away, it would had been ripped and fansubed in two days maximum.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Theatre releases of Eva are very, very, very limited in much of the world, if they ever happen. They are special fan events. In Spain, a very big anime market, 3.33 was shown for one single night, at 20:00, and only in certain cities. That's it. And that was because of the local distributor, not Khara. Many years have passed since then, but i doubt there is much hope for this 4rth movie of a series to open wide there. Simultaneous international cinema release was just not going to happen, pandemic or no pandemic. I love Eva, but this ain´t Hollywood, unfortunately.

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:51 pm

It's obvious the movie must stay some time in the cinemas before digital release (streaming, bluray...). The question is why only in Japan when they even had extra time because of the pandemic to arrange for a worldwide deployment.

My guess is the foreign "hardcore" fans (us, the ones who suffer because of spoilers due to the fact that they are in many eva information sites like this forum) are not as important as the rest of the potential cinema viewers outside Japan (anime fans in general) in terms of benefits. Cinemas are not 100% closed in most countries but a good camrip can be sufficient for some regular viewers, whose would be a lot more than the "hardcore" viewers. A camrip is harder to be done in Japan and can be managed better, a worldwide deployment would mean a "decent" camrip spread worldwide in a week.

In summary, "hardcore" fans must wait for the numbers to be appropiate.
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

Postby JupiterCallisto » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:22 pm

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:Theatre releases of Eva are very, very, very limited in much of the world, if they ever happen. They are special fan events. In Spain, a very big anime market, 3.33 was shown for one single night, at 20:00, and only in certain cities. That's it. And that was because of the local distributor, not Khara. Many years have passed since then, but i doubt there is much hope for this 4rth movie of a series to open wide there. Simultaneous international cinema release was just not going to happen, pandemic or no pandemic. I love Eva, but this ain´t Hollywood, unfortunately.

Things have changed completely in the 9 years since 3.0 came out.

Movies like DB Broly, MHA Hero Rising, and One Pieve stampede all enjoyed long successful box office runs I'm other countries. The three I mentioned were off the top of my head because they each stayed in theaters for 2 weeks EACH with multiple daily showings.

Evangelion is popular enough for this and right now with not much to show theaters would for sure have no problem doing multiple showings.

Also I don't know if it's changed because the distributor has but for the first 3 rebuilds Khara required a small theatrical run before they could be released on home media in the US. Probably will be the same here.

yungtophuc
Embryo

Postby yungtophuc » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:53 am

Guys, I have some "official" news that complete and define the film's launch picture. According to the launch date prior to this one (that of January 21) the film was supposed to land on premieres 3 WEEKS after launch. IF the contract with amazon has not changed, we can expect that on the 21st, when they remove the AVANT 1 from amazon jap, it is possible that there will be the announcement of the release of the film on amazon prime around the 29th of March. Source: Distopia Evangelion

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:43 am

Thanks for your information, but a reminder that there is a dedicated Eva on Amazon in the non spoilers section where this kind of discussion might be appreciated.

thread/20639/Amazon-Prime-Video-release/120/

yungtophuc
Embryo

Postby yungtophuc » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:54 am

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:Thanks for your information, but a reminder that there is a dedicated Eva on Amazon in the non spoilers section where this kind of discussion might be appreciated.

thread/20639/Amazon-Prime-Video-release/120/

oh thank you for this info

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:32 am

This thread seems fatally injured after Khara threatened any piracy attempt. You waited for 7,5 years, 6 additional months of wait with spoilers are nothing!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:42 am

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. Sure, the chances have gone down, but it's not impossible by any stretch.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:19 am

View Original PostThe_Max wrote:This thread seems fatally injured after Khara threatened any piracy attempt. You waited for 7,5 years, 6 additional months of wait with spoilers are nothing!

That is not really how it works most of the time. You might wait for 10 years knowing it´s going to be that long and suffer nothing, and yet when you know its coming and close, those three last months might be agony...

Also I don't think Kharas words mean much. Cam´s from Japan were always rare. The problem is people know there are cams out there but they keep not coming out and they are loosing hope.

Tlalac
Embryo

Postby Tlalac » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:11 pm

the subs are out thanks to fefemess and sackboy97

even if there is no camrip yet

that s the future my firends :D ^^
God's in His Heaven, Anno's in His thoughts, Everyone's trolled

the_beast
Embryo

Postby the_beast » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 pm

any news on a chinese release date? that's the only realistic chance at this point

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Let's not pin all the responsibility for camrips on "the Chinese", that's just racist
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Big Ben
Embryo

Postby Big Ben » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:21 pm

Lol, that has literally nothing to do with racism

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:11 pm

This is the world we have now, everything is racism, sexism, homophobia... the humanity really reached its peak and instrumentality is a must :D

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Seriously, I'm sick of hearing everything about camrips being blamed on the Chinese or the Koreans, that really is racist.

Does it occur to nobody here that the camrip that Khara is most concerned about at the moment is of Japanese origin?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”