Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Any translation yet for the new tidbit of 'One last kiss'?

Also they've put the recaps of the past three movies on youtube too, id be interested in those for "how were they expecting us to parse this/ which aspects are they choosing to highlight before the finale" reasons
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:58 pm

The new MP EVAs are incredibly cursed and uncanny valley, they have Lilin human skulls! (At least that's what it looks like mixed with angels masks)

The angel mask consisting of the torso looks like Mk 10, maybe the mask covering the chest reflects Mk 11?
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:05 pm

^
Lilin skull? It must be the skulls that are in the Central Dogma. Perhaps these EVAs are the "resurrected" FoIs.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Yes and yes. Skulls from organisms generated by Lilith, even the fanarts are acknowledging this.
Scary and uncomfortable, didn't expect this to happen, though, it's a great new design for the MPEs, lots of angel references including the 8th.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:15 pm

JoelcrNeto and EscapismIsBad if you look more carefully you will notice that the MPE skull mask looks like the face of the Eighth Angel.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:23 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:JoelcrNeto and EscapismIsBad if you look more carefully you will notice that the MPE skull mask looks like the face of the Eighth Angel.

Yes, I don't understand why though.
Has anyone seen if there are any FOLs in Paris? Weird, I haven't seen any. What happened to the people?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 pm

What happened to the people?

Who knows maybe in certain parts of the world some cities were evacuated before Barrier L spread. At worst I believe that not all humans become Failures of Infinite, I wouldn't be surprised if we discover that a part of humanity will be sacrificed at Guf's door without getting the Fruit of Life in return (:|

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Yeah if those are human skulls that's kinda terrifying.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Indeed it looks like not every human has become a FOL, some humans look like they just died and became souls, weirdly we can see some souls iat the Chamber of Guf in 4th and 5th Impact (there are flying souls in the trailers).
Reminder that people already tried to clear the L Barrier in Paris, but failed, likely died and only left a message written in blood for Wille, damn, both Shinji parents are monsters.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:43 pm

They look like this to me

Shun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Any translation yet for the new tidbit of 'One last kiss'?

Can you give me one last kiss?
燃えるようなキスをしよう 、 忘れたくても

Moeru yōna kisuwoshiyō, wasuretakute mo

Give a fiery kiss, even if you want to forget.

:wink:
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:48 pm

View Original PostShun wrote:Can you give me one last kiss?

Finally Fuyutsuki and Gendo will be honest about their feelings.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm

EscapismIsBad Since in the new TV commercial we saw the Black Moon I would venture to say that the Guf's Door keeps the souls waiting with the Black Moon coming into contact with it by taking them all and storing them.
both Shinji parents are monsters.
Based on their actions, we could say that Yui and Gendo are mad unscrupulous scientists, but at least their point of view what they are doing is what is more right for our evolution. I wonder what Yui's real plan will be this time, I hope that unlike the anime we could have more details about it but I doubt it. Yui has given his son a terrible fate but I'm sure he chose to become Eva 01 more for his own good than to achieve divinity. Gendo looks like a real asshole, but I have a feeling with the fateful moment he will turn out to be a more complex character than he looks a bit like his EOE counterpart.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:54 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostShun#907934 wrote:Can you give me one last kiss?

Finally Fuyutsuki and Gendo will be honest about their feelings.

When the song first came out I remember somebody theorized that it was meant to be Yui talking to Shinji.... Well I sure hope that's not the case now!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:08 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:

Yeah, after I typed my previous post, I recalled this EVAs. That picture is very distorted, it may be that they are not skulls, just these masks, or a mix of both hypotheses.

It would be great if they had skulls, we need EVAs that give us the feeling of something terrific, just like the M.P. EVAs in EoE.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Would be cool if we managed to see 02 eyes like NGE, wouldn't it? More EVA anatomy please

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:46 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Did you guys catch the grail/black moon in the background?

The other thing that I caught is that on the opposite side of the Black Moon there's an Impact vortex that is white and red (like the one opened by EVA-01 in 2.0 and EVA-13 at first in Q), and not multicolored like the one from Second Impact or Fourth Impact after a time. Since in Q the vortex starts red and white then turns multicolored, my guess is that a vortex starts with two color during a "warmup" phase, then become a rainbow of doom once the Impact is in full swing.

From this, we can infer that the scene of Evas 02 and 08 on the aircraft carriers and the one with the Eva pizza cutter are at the beginning of Final Impact.

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Yes and yes. Skulls from organisms generated by Lilith, even the fanarts are acknowledging this.
Scary and uncomfortable, didn't expect this to happen, though, it's a great new design for the MPEs, lots of angel references including the 8th.

Dear god if that's true then we finally found something that beats the EoE MP-EVAs creepiness! :bigeyes:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Fredsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredsq » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 pm

I just wish this film would really last 6 hours

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:15 pm

An observation made by Reichu.

EDIT: Reichu explain what she really mean with a string of tweets
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:30 pm

I know this isn't so related to Shin Eva, but let's remember the old times?
https://youtu.be/4HALL5-PZu4
In another parallel universe we probably got Shin Eva first and then EoE in 2021, so let's appreciate this and appreciate a bit more we survived to see it come true.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”