Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 pm

What if ironically Antarctica is now the only habitable place on Earth after the events of the My-- I mean Third Impact, having been purified from all the Second Impact contamination in the interim years? Just a dumb idea.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:What if ironically Antarctica is now the only habitable place on Earth after the events of the My-- I mean Third Impact, having been purified from all the Second Impact contamination in the interim years? Just a dumb idea.

Yeah, I already thought of that possibility, would be funny though :tongue:
Now seriously speaking, we haven't seen Antarctica after post time skip, it seems to covered in a angellic cocoon (it could be just Angel trap too) meanwhile.
There's just one think I'm certain, if the Wunder sequence still follows the storyboards sure it will be a wild ride as the Wunder navigates through the skies!
Check out those two videos for more information about the storyboards and what to expect from Shin: https://youtu.be/HEvTGyF9hXc AND https://youtu.be/4-y8pvvtVBE. The shipping fights are irrelevant to me and I assume they should be taken as a meme. :tongue:

Note: Just noticed the part with sunken ships stuck vertically someway referencing EoE and that body of water is actually present in Until You Come to Me, it must be an actual scene in the movie! I never understood completely that theory of 3.0 part D present in Until You Come to Me or something like that.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:06 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:@FXArmaros98
Some Japanese fans are theorizing the Wunder will fly through Antarctica at some point in the movie because the atmosphere of the scene which the Neo-Wunder ambushes the Wunder looks similar to the barren wasteland status of Antarctica right now. Have you seen the storyboards of the tenth Khara anniversary which spoiled the new Wunder in 2016? It appears the Wunder has a base in Antarctica (or some other icy place, maybe the Wunder was even in Antarctica during the beginning of Q) to restore resources and to rest, there will definitely be a scene involving that location in Shin (there's no place better than a base in Antarctica to give Shinji an expodump about the Adams, Adam's Vessel, Wunders, Angels and Impacts), I could detail more but I'll let the rest somehow find a way during the discussion, what do you think about it?

EscapismIsBad Yes I think Antarctica could be the base of the Wille, I just feel that instead of giving Shinji some information about the Impacts and the Adams I think they just give him what had happened in the last 14 years. I don't think anyone (besides Mari) is in the mood to have such a delicate conversation with Shinji right now. I believe the final verbal confirmation that Eva 01 is an Adams and that Rei has Lilith's soul will be given to us either by Mari or Misato when Shinji goes to face her father. Furthermore, I believe that in Artatides there may be the last Adams (put into a state of hibernation through a possible second spear of Cassiuss) if in reality it don't turns out to be Nebuchadnezzar's Key.
Also I would like to apologize for taking so long to reply to your posts, it is clear that we live in countries with different time zones.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:08 am

Antarctica would be a another Nadia call back as well. I think it's Ep 19 when they reach the Atlantean base at the South Pole and there's two scenes telling some of the secret history of Earth, first a trip through a kind of frozen museum showing the races and species to have previously inhabited the planet and then a meeting with the ancient whale Irion.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:15 am

Lacissal yes I think it could be so, maybe the Nebuchadnezzar's Key for the SEELE is what the Blue Water was for the Nadia's race

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 am

@FXArmaros98
Yes! That's true, I don't think most people at the Wunder are capable of explaining what happened in the 14 years gap to a 14 years old since they're so full of themselves and the problems with the world (only Sakura and Mari could, but both are full of problems too, no one knows when a super powerful magic EVA is going to invade and attack the Wunder, they must be careful all the time), probably Asuka will give some context during the beginning of their journey in Shin and the rest of it will just added according to what happens in the story as you said, hopefully Anno will put those Easter eggs which he put in EoE with computers screen containing a lot of information, maybe even Khara information :tongue:
There's also the possibility the Wunder is going to Antarctica to recover the Spear of Cassius which somehow managed to get there and is crucial to Gendo plans and Instrumentality, I sincerely don't know why they need to combine the spear from Lilith and spear of Adams together to create Instrumentality but it reflects the changes made to the NTE lore regarding the Fruit of Life and Fruit of Knowledge which combined would could cause an impact in NGE. I don't know about the key being in Antarctica sincerely, but it's also a possibility, your scenario remembers me a lot about the Giant God Warrior in Nausicaa since it seems like they're reviving the Adams from the key like they revived the Giant God Warriors from it's petrified heart.
That's not a problem at all :D
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:09 am

@Lacissal
There's so many Nadia callbacks in Evangelion!
I'm expecting scary stuff to come out of this if they follow similarly what we've seen in Nadia, although NTE is already very macabre.
Would the original scene of the Katsuragi team and Second Impact be a reference to Nadia? It's somewhat similar, would be cool a NGE Nadia reference.
I would like to point out that amazing thread about the prediction of themes and messages of Shin and Rebuild, if the movie really involves a lot of Antarctica as it seems, everything points that theory is true.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:15 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote: I don't know about the key being in Antarctica sincerely, but it's also a possibility, your scenario remembers me a lot about the Giant God Warrior in Nausicaa since it seems like they're reviving the Adams from the key like they revived the Giant God Warriors from it's petrified heart. That's not a problem at all :D

Lol I was just about to mention the God Warriors from Nausicaa in reply to @FXArmaros98. Alongside the Blue Water from Nadia, the Key of Nebuchadnezzar might function like the Control Stone from Nausicaa but used to revive the ADAMs, or bestow them with a soul/the Fruit of Life etc.

The Nausicaa connections run pretty deep- in the 90s Anno wanted to make a film about Kushana, Miyazaki (casually) said hegave him and khara permission to adapt the full Nausicaa manga, there's obvs the Giant God Warrior appears in Tokyo short, and (I think in the Schizo/Parano interviews) Anno said that vol 7 of the manga became a major influence on Eva. I wouldn't be surprised if SEELE in Rebuild had a role
very similar to the Crypt of Shuwa does in Nausicaa

Atm I'm convinced that in Rebuild the 'competing Seeds of Life' conflict between Angels and Lilin has been replaced with something like the ADAMs forming a precursor race that came from the stars but formed a civilization on earth. The Moon(s) would be like the Atlantean's Arks, possibly containing a Wunder alongside the spears. I also think that there's a possibility the ADAMs were wiped out by creating Eva-like things, as the God Warriors destroyed the world in the Seven Days of Fire, or the Ideon absorbed the 6th civilization.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:probably Asuka will give some context during the beginning of their journey in Shin and the rest of it will just added according to what happens in the story as you said, hopefully Anno will put those Easter eggs which he put in EoE with computers screen containing a lot of information, maybe even Khara information :tongue:
There's also the possibility the Wunder is going to Antarctica to recover the Spear of Cassius which somehow managed to get there and is crucial to Gendo plans and Instrumentality, I sincerely don't know why they need to combine the spear from Lilith and spear of Adams together to create Instrumentality but it reflects the changes made to the NTE lore regarding the Fruit of Life and Fruit of Knowledge which combined would could cause an impact in NGE. I don't know about the key being in Antarctica sincerely, but it's also a possibility, your scenario remembers me a lot about the Giant God Warrior in Nausicaa since it seems like they're reviving the Adams from the key like they revived the Giant God Warriors from it's petrified heart.
That's not a problem at all :D
EscapismIsBad Asuka is too angry with Shinji, he will almost certainly just look at the Barrier L meter to see where I can pick them up, plus the images from the short film Peaciful Times show us that Shinji will put himself back into the pose he had at the end of 3.0 becoming a dead weight, and this time Asuka seems to react by even slightly pressing his skull with her foot and then throwing him to the ground and starting to stare at him with an annoyed air, and after this scene Rei Q should reach out to him and give him his SDAT music player. I was wrong in writing, I did not foresee that the key was in Antarctica but that the last of the Adams is either the key (now in possession of Gendo) or it is motionless in Artarctica perhaps due to a Cassius spear.I think Mari will have to explain to Shinji when she deems it really necessary.
Lol I was just about to mention the God Warriors from Nausicaa in reply to @FXArmaros98. Alongside the Blue Water from Nadia, the Key of Nebuchadnezzar might function like the Control Stone from Nausicaa but used to revive the ADAMs, or bestow them with a soul/the Fruit of Life etc.
Lacissal the Key of Nebuchadnezzar it could be used by Gendo to start the Final Impact, being a key precisely it should have the purpose of opening the Guf's doors and perhaps controlling them. Maybe it can be used more than once because maybe it has various functions. I think if Wille messes up her first I try to see Yui again, she might take back the Eva 01 with what black flying ship we see in the trailer trying to extract Rei II from the Eva 01 core and take her place, but Shinji it will prevent leading Gendo to have no other alternative but to use the key to sacrifice his soul to Evangelion 13.
The Nausicaa connections run pretty deep- in the 90s Anno wanted to make a film about Kushana, Miyazaki (casually) said hegave him and khara permission to adapt the full Nausicaa manga, there's obvs the Giant God Warrior appears in Tokyo short, and (I think in the Schizo/Parano interviews) Anno said that vol 7 of the manga became a major influence on Eva. I wouldn't be surprised if SEELE in Rebuild had a role
Sorry but I never seen Nausicaa, therefore I cannot give you a valid opinion on this theory of yours, but I've noticed that the God Warriors slightly resemble both the Faliments of Infinity and the creatures of Shin Godzilla's tail.
Atm I'm convinced that in Rebuild the 'competing Seeds of Life' conflict between Angels and Lilin has been replaced with something like the ADAMs forming a precursor race that came from the stars but formed a civilization on earth. The Moon(s) would be like the Atlantean's Arks, possibly containing a Wunder alongside the spears. I also think that there's a possibility the ADAMs were wiped out by creating Eva-like things, as the God Warriors destroyed the world in the Seven Days of Fire, or the Ideon absorbed the 6th civilization.
But I can really express my opinion of this, it is said on the web that the First Ancestral Race Firstborn "aliens from 2001: A Space Odyssey, these aliens have created monoliths to communicate with the races they created. So I imagine that SEELE has a mixed role that makes them similar both to the monoliths of that novel and to the Atlanteans. I believe that the Wunder however is a human creation and not of the Adams or the SEELE. The SEELE should have a pact with Lilith so I believe that their "species" maybe it was not allied with the Adams.Also I believe that the bars on the Moon we saw at the end of 1.0 could contain their bodies after they transferred their minds and souls into the monoliths, it may be that the SEELE members in life may have a humanoid and albino aspect like Kaworu.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:32 pm

I think the skeletal body of the Wunder is some ancient vessel, but its obviously been retro-fitted by the Lilin. It and the Dark Wunder may have been found in one of the Moons like the Nautilus in Nadia. It's a common 'trope' in science fiction anime that the giant ship has an origin like this:
Yamato- the wreck is found on the seabed and outfitted with power/weapon source from Iscandarian plans
Macross- the ship crashes on earth and is reverse engineered/adapted to fly
Ideon-the Solo ship and the Ideon are excavated on a colony planet

The Mark.09 is described as a vessel of the Adams, the Wunder's true/original master and has a SEELE mode with a Sachiel style faceplate on its chest, so I think there's strong evidence for the Wunder's ancient origin. (unless, making this up on the spot the Wunder was grown organically like the Evas to compliment them by Nerv/Seele (Rebuild seems to point to some planned Eva/Angel merger- like the units in the Paris attack with the Sachiel faces and the entry plugs on the Third Angel)

in Nausicaa (the manga, the film covers only like the first two volumes) there's a thing called the Master of the Crypt that, though I remember the details a little fuzzily, has a role similar to the Blue Water in Nadia as a depository of 'souls', the monoliths in 2001, and what SEELE seem to be in Rebuild (given Gendo's speech in 3.0 about them teaching us civilization)

Haven't seen Shin Godzilla. Look up the tail creatures. Am greeted by the unholy lovechild of the Angel Tower and something from Bloodborne. Am intrigued.
I think the God Warriors resemble an Eva without its armour, especially the bio-mechanic look of Unit 01 removing its armour in the original NGE series proposal document (or the Eva like thing (not Adam) seen on Red Noah in Nadia. In general their in Nausicaa they're viewed as absolutely feared, destructive weapons that must not be revived having destroyed the world previously, so some parallels could be drawn with Wille's mission to stop Evas awakening and Impact events in the post 3rd Impact landscape. Next to the Ideon the God Warriors are probably the closest thing to the Evangelions in anime/manga.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Lacissal yes God Warriors look like Eva 01 without armor mainly due to the fact that they both have green eyes. In the short film Until You Come to Me there are 4 beings (at the 90% I'm sure they are the 4 Adams) who will look like Eva 01 without armor with green eyes and I must admit that they have a certain resemblance to the God Warriors. Regarding the Wunder, you may be right that it may have some kind of ancient Evangelion owned by SEELE. You said the God Warriors don't have to be awakened right? I see case in the original synopsis of the NGE anime the Evangelions were built by the First Ancestral Race and obviously rebelled against their creators bringing the second generation of the FAR to have to create the angels and the spear of Longinus as a kind of Anti- Evangelion, or something similar ... I don't remember what the original synopsis of NGE really was like but it's something similar to what I have written.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:12 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Lacissal yes God Warriors look like Eva 01 without armor mainly due to the fact that they both have green eyes. In the short film Until You Come to Me there are 4 beings (at the 90% I'm sure they are the 4 Adams) who will look like Eva 01 without armor with green eyes and I must admit that they have a certain resemblance to the God Warriors. Regarding the Wunder, you may be right that it may have some kind of ancient Evangelion owned by SEELE. You said the God Warriors don't have to be awakened right? I see case in the original synopsis of the NGE anime the Evangelions were built by the First Ancestral Race and obviously rebelled against their creators bringing the second generation of the FAR to have to create the angels and the spear of Longinus as a kind of Anti- Evangelion, or something similar ... I don't remember what the original synopsis of NGE really was like but it's something similar to what I have written.

Funny trivia: During the Tenth Khara Anniversary event we can see the concept art of the Until You Come to Me First Angel scene and two of the Adams have Unit 1 like horns, which would confirm 01 status as an Adams since we know 13 (which is a copy of 01) is an Adams and has the same type of horn, 06 is an Adams too but in this special case we know It doesn't have a horn outside of his armor. It was omitted in the final project I think.

Anyway, it is heavily implied by Mari that 01 is an Adams much like 13 in Q, she only got to recognize it's an Adams because it started an Impact like event alone I think, I may be misremembering.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Yes EscapismIsBad all of they 4 have a horn but too bad that in Until You Come to me the Adams no longer had the horn on their foreheads. The thing that really intrigues me is the fact that the Mark 09 seems to have the horn as a natural part of its body, instead we could not see if that of the Evangelion 13, Eva 01 and Mark 06 was an aesthetic element of the mask or really a part of their body. The first time we see the Mark 06 he is wearing what appears to be a mask identical to the one Lilith had in the anime (but I don't want to dwell on that otherwise the forum members scan me because I'm talking about the loop theory -o-; XD ). Eva 01 is supposed to be the Adam who had the third eye, some people on the thread regarding the theory that Fututsuki in 3.0 + 1.0 could have a role similar to that of Gargoyle from Nadia, pointed out that in the final shot of 2.0 the face of Eva 01 (Giant of Light with third eye) slightly resembles the Gargoyle mask. I apologize again for taking so long to reply to your posts.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:36 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:You said the God Warriors don't have to be awakened right? I see case in the original synopsis of the NGE anime the Evangelions were built by the First Ancestral Race and obviously rebelled against their creators bringing the second generation of the FAR to have to create the angels and the spear of Longinus as a kind of Anti- Evangelion, or something similar ... I don't remember what the original synopsis of NGE really was like but it's something similar to what I have written.

The God Warriors need to be regenerated. At the start of Nausicaa they're all long since dead except one which is excavated and found with a Control Stone, which sets the whole plot in motion. IIRC There's a scene of the revived God Warrior clawing its way out of a womb-like thing like how Eva 13 is 'born'.

Also Nausicaa is probably the source of the prominent 'eye' imagery throughout Nadia (originally being a Miyazaki pitch ofc) associated with Neo-Atlantis and carried through to Eva in the designs of Matarael, Sahaquiel, and the SEELE/Lilith mask, as the Holy Dorok Emperor in Nausicaa prominently has these eye type designs.

On the proposals there's the main NGE production document which states the Angels/Apostolos are leftovers from the First Ancestral Race, Adam being the 1st Angel. There's on the Gwern source anthology another (less definitively sourced) note from early production meetings that there was a First Ancestral Race that was destroyed by Eva, and then a Second Ancestral Race that created the Angels and the Spears as counter measures against the revival of Eva. I've been working on a long theory post which I've been meaning to write up for ages on the main Rebuild forum but (with lots of supporting evidence) it boils down to the Angels in Rebuild having a similar role as they do in the proposals. I'm not sure if it's been commented on but in the NGE proposal it consistently refers to the Apostolos as 'battle weapons' and that they're trying to disrupt the Instrumentality Project. Basically I think in Rebuild the Angels aren't an alternate form of humanity descended from Adam like the series, but a Counter-Measure left behind, possibly to prevent others attaining Instrumentality/Opening the path to Godhood.

Gendo's comment about 'the coming Deicide' in the SEELE monolith shutdown scene makes me think, unlike NGE and the Classified Intel where it was never made clear why the FAR, despite having both Fruits, wanted to keep them separate, if in Rebuild something has already reached 'Godhood' (whatever the Guf UFO is?) and like the Garden of Eden narrative is trying to prevent others attaining it, which Gendo hopes to supplant.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Lacissal The problem with the theory that angels should be Anti-Instrumentality weapons is the fact that the 12th Angel seems to have let himself be devoured on purpose by Evangelion 13 (which if I remember correctly at the time was controlled by some sort of program or dummy system of SEELE after Shinji took the spears) is consequently aiding human Instrumentality. Kaworu is an angel but with a human aspect and probably the that tomb from which he come out was in a place that we could consider as the moon base of the SEELE. The Instrumentality here serves to create beings endowed with the Fruit of Life, perhaps the Nebuchadnezzar's Key will absorb the souls of all people, becoming just like the Blue Water and the Master of the Crypt a depository of 'souls, while the Failures of Infinite will take the place of humans as the new ruling race.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:56 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Yes EscapismIsBad all of they 4 have a horn but too bad that in Until You Come to me the Adams no longer had the horn on their foreheads. The thing that really intrigues me is the fact that the Mark 09 seems to have the horn as a natural part of its body, instead we could not see if that of the Evangelion 13, Eva 01 and Mark 06 was an aesthetic element of the mask or really a part of their body. The first time we see the Mark 06 he is wearing what appears to be a mask identical to the one Lilith had in the anime (but I don't want to dwell on that otherwise the forum members scan me because I'm talking about the loop theory -o-; XD ). Eva 01 is supposed to be the Adam who had the third eye, some people on the thread regarding the theory that Fututsuki in 3.0 + 1.0 could have a role similar to that of Gargoyle from Nadia, pointed out that in the final shot of 2.0 the face of Eva 01 (Giant of Light with third eye) slightly resembles the Gargoyle mask. I apologize again for taking so long to reply to your posts.

In the case of Mk6 it really was an aesthetic element, the naked body of the EVA didn't have any horn in 1.11.
Edit: In the case of 01 too, we already have seen it's head without the helmet, guess I'm wrong about that, it's worth discussing that detail though.
Here, look at the Adams: https://twitter.com/Ara3Wkm/status/8036 ... 02368?s=20
Not a problem, I'm pretty patient myself :D

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm

EscapismIsBad I wonder why they didn't leave the horn in Until You Come To Me, it would have been useless for avoid spoilers since it was understood that the Mark 06 and the Eva 01 was Adams. I wonder what the difference is between an Evangelion who is really an Adam and one who is an Adams' Vessel. Perhaps the Adams's Vessels are clones of the Adams who must only help the Adam from which their genetic material derives? I believe that in this continuity the Evangelions are most clones of Lilith while only a few have the genetic material of the 4 Giants of Light. Heck I hope we at least have some answers on the creation of the Evangelions

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:25 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:EscapismIsBad I wonder why theydidn't leave the horn in Until You Come To Me, it would have been useless for avoid spoilers since it was understood that the Mark 06 and the Eva 01 was Adams. I wonder what the difference is between an Evangelion who is really an Adam and one who is an Adams' Vessel. Perhaps the Adams's Vessels are clones of the Adams who must only help the Adam from which their genetic material derives? I believe that in this continuity the Evangelions are most clones of Lilith while only a few have the genetic material of the 4 Giants of Light. Heck I hope we at least have some answers on the creation of the Evangelions

I have a theory about the Adam's Vessels: they're not being piloted by mass produced Rei dummy plugs, they're being piloted by proper Rei clones and they're those little Reis now mature which appeared in 3.0 preview, that explains why Mark 10 (and probably Mk 11 and Mk 12 too)has colors similar to Unit 00 and Unit 09, they're all being piloted by Reis and that every EVA that's being piloted by Ayanami carries that yellow colour motif. Weirdly the deleted storyboards from Q tell us that Mark 10 is a problematic EVA and it's the only Mark left which didn't have a pilot, maybe Rei Q will pilot it since Mk09 ceased existing? I doubt.

Isn't all of it similar to ANIMA considering all of the Reis?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:39 pm

EscapismIsBad there is chances that you can be right. I believe that the various Rei can somehow be controlled by the Rei (Q?) who in the trailer is seen immersed in the LCL with bright eyes. On Marks 10, 11 and 12 I have a theory. I believe Evangelion 13 is like the queen bee, 10, 11 and 12 the warriors defended the queen and the MPE and Failures of Infinite the worker bees, and that they share a hive mind.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:55 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:The Instrumentality here serves to create beings endowed with the Fruit of Life, perhaps the Nebuchadnezzar's Key will absorb the souls of all people, becoming just like the Blue Water and the Master of the Crypt a depository of 'souls, while the Failures of Infinite will take the place of humans as the new ruling race.

I've never thought about the Failures replacing humans. I'm 90% confident that the Failures are obviously the people of Tokyo III and that rather than tanging like in NGE the impacts in Rebuild act as a means of collective mass evolution (I'd had the idea that the Nemesis/Mark.04 Evas which seems to be made out of bits and pieces of Evas were the result of Unit 04's engine malfunction creating FoI like monstrosities) but I always assumed it was to bless the Lilin with the Fruit of Life, and I think Kaworu's speech to Shinji while viewing the Near 3rd Impact landscape implies this, but they could (unintentionally) have been creating vessels for another race's Souls (ADAMs?). There are similar plot lines in
Final Fantasy IX, Nausicaa and NieR

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”