Shin Ultraman

A forum for discussion of other Gainax works, people belonging or related to Gainax and the non-Eva projects they've worked on, media that reference or have distinct parallels to Eva, etc.

Moderator: Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Shin Ultraman

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:38 am

Nice. Seems to be a few VAs in the top billing? (Maybe I’m wrong?) I wonder what this film will look like if not every aspect is live action actors.

MuscleRobo
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:25 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Nice. Seems to be a few VAs in the top billing? (Maybe I’m wrong?) I wonder what this film will look like if not every aspect is live action actors.

Shoji Kawamori directed some action scenes that were made in CG across a few Ultraman shows in the 00's. They haven't done that much in recent years though so who knows.

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:41 pm

Apparently Shinji Higuchi revealed Shin Ultraman has ALREADY wrapped filming and is now entering post-production.
I'm curious to see what a Hideaki Anno script directed by someone else will feel like. I guess Anno's next major involvement in the film will be in tightening the edit.

https://twitter.com/RagoneAugust/status ... 6015997952

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 am

Apple CEO Tim Cook posted a tweet showing he met with Shinji Higuchi recently.
He specifically mentions SHIN ULTRAMAN.
Honestly, Cook’s willingness to mention the film makes me think Apple TV+ might have already worked out a deal with Toho to stream the film (and other Toho project) outside Japan.

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/1204247021126746112

I wonder how extensive the effects work for this film must be if they’ve already finished shooting, shown some early work to Tim Cook and the film still won’t be ready until 2021?

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Wow, that is unexpected. Hopefully makes the film more easily watchable outside Japan.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Related Works & People”