[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Reichu: not mine, it's from /a/non who posted his translation by the time I had only finished one third. He had some formatting problems (like putting 28 old Asuka/14 year old mind when it's vice versa) but looks like that slipped by me

View Original PostBrainman wrote:I have to admit, /a/ had me kind of worried for a moment. But nobody can stop Asuka.

The first two 2ch posts I translated were so obscure about it I was sure she actually bit it. I mean:

gdgd人間ドラマやったあとシンジとカオル二人がかりでアスカを殺して解決(トドメはカオル)
After tedious human drama Kaworu and Shinji decide to kill Asuka together (Kaworu is finisher)

Well, this fag was kind of imprecise about most everything but still. I (like other people who have been TL'ing these) got that impression directly from 2ch so I wouldn't even blame /a/ for making shit up.

I trust this newer summary is more accurate and Asuka lives. Certainly it's more detailed
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:What 'cruel fate' has Asuka befallen?

Stem cell research hasn't advanced enough to give her her left eye back?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:02 pm

View Original PostSeen wrote:OH MY GOD I REALLY WISH THEY JUST WENT AND REMADE THE ORIGINAL SERIES NOW.

WHY, ANNO? WHY?
THIS.

I know the original had a good deal of making it up as they went along, but this reads like they listened in to all the wild speculations that the fans have made, and went "Let's top that!" to everything, with a goal of spectacle, and nothing more. Even more than when I said it three years ago, it seems that this is a series of popcorn movies and no more, the sort of stuff I gave up going to see years ago.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Reichu: not mine, it's from /a/non who posted his translation by the time I had only finished one third. He had some formatting problems (like putting 28 old Asuka/14 year old mind when it's vice versa) but looks like that slipped by me

The first two 2ch posts I translated were so obscure about it I was sure she actually bit it. I mean:

Well, this fag was kind of imprecise about most everything but still. I (like other people who have been TL'ing these) got that impression directly from 2ch so I wouldn't even blame /a/ for making shit up.

I trust this newer summary is more accurate and Asuka lives. Certainly it's more detailed

Yep this new one sounds legit, sounds good but I really liked the sound of Shinji/Kawrou vs Asuka angel, oh well.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Even though I'd be fine with Asuka dying if that is what the plot demanded, but man is it good to hear that she is alive. (possibly)

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Fridge horror: The pilots are going through puberty for the rest of their freaking lives

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I really wonder if the whole 28-year old mind(s) are even going to be noticeable...

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Do we know if unit 06 has any significant role in the movie? In the trailers we saw it heading for central dogma, is it still the case in the movie?

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:08 pm

^
Thing is with these spoilers, it's hard just reading them so dry like this. I mean, in 2.0, sure it was corny, but you could define specific themes through the story; such as learning to accept responsibility, opening up to others, finding the thing that truly motivates you in life to push you further than you thought you could go, etc etc.

But here its like WOAH Asuka an angel! Eva rocket packs! Flying boat things! TIME SKIPS!!! - YOOOO!

It's like, alright, neat. Wha- uh, what's the point of that now?

Guess I have to just see it to get it.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Yep this new one sounds legit, sounds good but I really liked the sound of Shinji/Kawrou vs Asuka angel, oh well.

I wouldn't leave that plotline necessarily entirely out just yet. Perhaps she just lucky/not mortally wounded.

Who the fuck knows at this point. My head hasn't been fucked this badly in a long, long while.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:10 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Inside is a physically 14 year old eyepatch Asuka with the mind of 28 year old Asuka. Asuka pulls him through the desert and (incomplete sentence/context)[/i][/b]

Well I'm happy she's alive. But the movie is still a giant wut.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Now I really wonder what has happened to the Rei(s), it looks like nothing was mentioned in the synopsis/summaries translated by Xard and Reichu so far, unless I've overlooked something of important.
I didn't even notice it before because I'm really sleepy but Kuro-Rei kinda looks kinda like Rei Quatre from Anima, as some anon mentioned on /a/, if we also consider that maybe more than one Rei can exist at the same time it really looks like they could have borrowed some ideas from Yamashita's work.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: Who the fuck knows at this point. My head hasn't been fucked this badly in a long, long while.

Yep, pretty much this. It's gone so deep into madness that I ain't even mad.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

View Original Postpinkkaworu wrote:Does anyone know the name of the fluffy haired pink woman?

wench

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Ritsuko's new design:
SPOILER: Show

'ave a look like e low end 'oore that ye find passed out at the warf
View Original PostAzathoth wrote:yeah, clearly a troll conspiracy is afoot :rolleyes:

SPOILER: Show

oiy that far reminds of me of star wars wiv R2D2 and C3P0 leavin' the escape pod
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Man, I'm so angry they sacrificed character depth for spectacle. I mean, if there aren't Stan Brakhage-esque montages spelling out in detail every character's neuroses, then I don't know what to think about them!

Now, if there were only some way to show characterization instead of just telling the audience about it...

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:^
Thing is with these spoilers, it's hard just reading them so dry like this. I mean, in 2.0, sure it was corny, but you could define specific themes through the story; such as learning to accept responsibility, opening up to others, finding the thing that truly motivates you in life to push you further than you thought you could go, etc etc.

That hasn't really changed:

As a result Kaworu suggests leaving the lances alone
Shinji unpierces lilith believing that taking the lances (yari) out, he can get a redo (yarinaosu) for everything.

As a quick reminder: we can tell pretty much nothing about the actual storytelling etc. matters of the film as it is. Right now everyone is in WAIT WHAT THE FUCK phase where singular story and design elements stick out like million bloody thumbs spewin' molten lava. But any deeper understanding of, say, just how Kaworu/Shinji drama is handled and if it is good or bad... these are all mysteries.

But like the above symbolising theme through poking shit via wonderful Japanese language's punaliciousness shows this element hasn't really disappeared.

Even Cutey Honey film had something like decipherable main themes and story. Eva is stll Eva, even if this is the worst mindfuck to leap out from franchise since EoE.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:13 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:It's like, alright, neat. Wha- uh, what's the point of that now?

it's nonsense. That's the joke.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Yep, pretty much this. It's gone so deep into madness that I ain't even mad.

The new summary sounds a lot better than what came before, though. They made it sound like Shinji, Rei, and Kaworu were fighting for the bad guys against Mari and Rei, and then somehow Asuka ends up being the final Angel and the bad guys team up to kill her? :uhh:

Now it fits much better with what came before. I mean, I'm still not sold on the timeskip (much less this "curse of Eva" business), but it at least feels like Eva.

Sorry, Strato! All your hopes . . . DENIED! :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 pm

It's starting to sound like Kawrou is sacrificed for Shinji and Asuka's survival. If true, I feel a tribute is in order.

Here's to you, Kawrou.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:16 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:As a quick reminder: we can tell pretty much nothing about the actual storytelling etc. matters of the film as it is. Right now everyone is in WAIT WHAT THE FUCK phase where singular story and design elements stick out like million bloody thumbs spewin' molten lava.

Common sense!?

KILL HIM

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”