Clarifications upon second viewing

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Clarifications upon second viewing

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun May 09, 2021 5:08 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Maybe Earth had gone through dozen or maybe hundreds of cycles of a species with the FoK emerging as the dominant species, then the Angels comes and either wiped them out (they were unworthy) or are defeated and FoK is "rewarded" by being purified into a FoK species, which then either goes fucking off in space, leaving some Angels behind for the next cycle, or became Angels and goes in waiting to test the next species.

I think you mean species with the FoK is "rewarded" by being purified into a FoL species, right?

It's a pretty interesting theory. It's pretty curious that the Dead Sea Scrolls are so direct in humanity "options" (being destroyed by the Angels or replace them becoming a new "superior" species).
Last edited by Konja7 on Sun May 09, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original PostC.T.1290#922383 wrote:I wonder what Toji would say to his sister after that incident.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone present agreed to never mention this incident. (things would still be awkward between Shinji and Sakura for a while though :lol: )

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Midori learning to let go of her grudge of Shinji after he pretty much did the exact opposite of what i imagine she expected by not only stopping Gendo, but repaired the planet and all those who died in the last two impacts. The conflicting feelings that would result could make for quite the interesting fic
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original PostKonja7#922340 wrote:WILLE members seem to tolerate Shinji, as long as they can get him under control. It was just too much for Midori that he would pilot again.

Reading the new translation, Hyuga is the only one who really "stands up" for Shinji. The other WILLE members seem to still have a pretty poor opinion on Shinji (at most, they trust Misato).

Funny, my interpretation is that Aoba ("Just leave it alone."), Nagara ("He was a kid.") and Hyuga ("Near Third was a consequence of what he did, not his goal.") were taking his defense, while Takao is in the "trust the Captain" camp and Midori and Tama are the ones in the hate train.

I think Tama is being more pragmatic than anything else, he never strikes me as being a "Shinji deserves to die" person. His delivery feels more like a "Sure, it's not the best thing in the world, but we'll be fine." (Unless he has a line somewhere else saying otherwise I've forgotten about, or he had a much more pronounced reaction to Shinji in Q than I'm remembering.) I think the only one of the Wille bridge members with any kind of real "I want Shinji dead because of what he did" feelings seems to be Midori.

Also, just in case there's any confusion, Aoba's "Just leave it alone" is with regard to the decision itself, not Shinji. He's not calling Shinji "it".

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:I personally wouldn't mind seeing Midori learning to let go of her grudge of Shinji after he pretty much did the exact opposite of what i imagine she expected by not only stopping Gendo, but repaired the planet and all those who died in the last two impacts. The conflicting feelings that would result could make for quite the interesting fic

We don't know the extend of Shinji's mass resurrect spell, we see the FoI reverting back to their original humans, but the people who died by more normal means might not had come back, or else Rei Q would had been resurrected too. (the implication that Kaji and Misto came back is weird, but can be explained by both having jumped inside an Impact's epicenter)

Now a fic of Midori seeing all the people who "died" during A3I coming back but not her family because they were crushed under debris when N3I happened, that would be a very interesting (and at best bittersweet) ending.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:14 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:We don't know the extend of Shinji's mass resurrect spell, we see the FoI reverting back to their original humans, but the people who died by more normal means might not had come back, or else Rei Q would had been resurrected too. (the implication that Kaji and Misto came back is weird, but can be explained by both having jumped inside an Impact's epicenter.

I think Rei Q wouldn't return even if all the people could come back to life (although I agree that people who died by normal means won't come back).

It's been implied Rei Q's soul is Rei II (even if Rei Q has her own personality). So, Rei Q wouldn't return, since she doesn't have her own soul.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”