[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: [FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:37 am

Good evening everyone!!!!!

The time has come to close one story and open another... so without further ado, I present tonight's uploads.

For your reading pleasure.
In addition to that, here are the next two chapter titles for the fic.
    Chapter 2 – I Am Not the One You Know
    Chapter 3 – Betrayal; Tabris Deceives

A lot happens in these chapter, so please enjoy!

The links and status of my saga are below: NGE: Legacy – Table of Contents
Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; Complete, 15 of 15 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 1 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc – Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IX: Daybreak
Supplemental Stories – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots; In-Process, 5 of ?? Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:57 am

Awesome end to the Gundam story I really enjoyed it :D
SPOILER: Show
Thank you for putting a great spin on the end of Evangelion hosbital scene and making it cool and consenting :D

My god the first chapter of Ode To Joy was like a fucking battle ground like the dark side of the series is here and making sure you know it and this version of Kaworu is a an even more massive asshole than the manga version which I never thought would ever be possible.
I can see an epic battle between Asuka and Kaworu in the coming chapters, the question is who is going to break first in this battle of wills?
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 am

Hello all!

Well, seeing as I haven't really done this in a while, I have the opening scenes of Chapter 2 ready here as a teaser picking up right where Chapter 1 left off...

So, here for your reading pleasure.

Excerpt of Episode VI, Chapter 2  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode VI: Return of Reality – Chapter 2 – I Am Not the One You Know
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2 – I Am Not the One You Know
December 12, 2016 – NERV HQ, Medical Wing

Rei was staring blankly at Shinji as Mari ran out of the room, barely stifling her sobs as she did. Rei had a blank look on her face, like when Shinji had first met her. She didn’t seem like herself, which worried Shinji.

“Rei?” Shinji asked.

“Was that her name?” Rei asked.

“No, that’s your name.” Shinji said. “Her name was Mari.”

“Oh… well…” Rei said. “Who are you?”

“I’m Shinji…” Shinji muttered. “I’m your friend…”

“But I don’t know you either.” Rei said. “How can we be friends?”

“I…” Shinji stammered. “You don’t remember what happened to you?”

“What happened to me?” Rei asked.

“You got hurt trying to saving to save us all…” Shinji said. “You almost died, he thought you had for a while there…”

“So… I am the third…” Rei muttered. “It wasn’t a dream…”

“What?” Shinji asked.

“Nothing of concern.” Rei replied. “Could you leave? I would like to be alone.”

“Sure, Rei…” Shinji said sullenly. “I’m glad you’re back.”

As Shinji walked out of the room, Rei’s blank look became one of concern and sorrow.

“So, I did die that day…” Rei said to herself. “But I can’t let them know that… I have too much to process. Another death… another horrific death…”

Rei shuttered at the vivid memories of her slow and painful death, flashes of her time inside the sweltering Entry Plug, the smell and feel of her flesh burning and cooking, her insides boiling, and the agonizing pain and loneliness she felt.

“No… they mustn’t know what happened…” Rei said. “No matter how much it hurts them, I need to keep my distance. Especially Mari… I should never have admitted my feelings for her when I cannot understand and interpret my feelings…”
–––

Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 1 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

camilopc1234
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby camilopc1234 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:56 am

So... When the Spanish version is going out? e.e

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Hello all!

Not much to say tonight, as it's late and I am sleep deprived. ^But, I am sorry to say that the fic will only be coming out in English.

In addition to that, here is the next chapter titles for the fic.
    Chapter 3 – Betrayal; Tabris Deceives
Hopefully this puts a smile on your face, as this week's chapter will not... I mean, we are in that part of the story after all...

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; Complete, 15 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 2 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:25 pm

This chapter was just as dark and harsh and everything is falling apart.

PS
Please strangle this Dorian grey asshole version of Kaworu
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Good evening everyone.

Chapter 3 is on hold until next week due to my computer giving me several Blue Screens of Death the past few days. So, until I get my new PC delivered, I can't really do much story wise as my old PC's hard drive is giving out and has read errors out the wazoo, however, no data has been lost and has been safely removed to an external drive. Although, after 7 1/2 years, some things do need to be replaced. Anyway, thank you for your patience, and I promise the chapter will be worth the wait.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 2 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 am

Good evening all.

Chapter 3 is has been posted. Now that I have my new PC, and finally finished setting it up, I can safely say that I can get back to writing. Thank you all once again for your patience and understanding.

In addition to that, here are the next three chapter titles for the fic.
    Chapter 4 – Disappearing Act
    Chapter 5 – Revelations
    Chapter 6 – Critical Mass
Hope you enjoy ^_^

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 3 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 pm

Tabris undoubtedly deserved to die here, that's for certain-- but his demise hasn't really left me feeling anything. On one hand, Shinji's foolhardiness and stupid actions earlier prevent this from feeling like a victory, while on the other, Tabris's general prickishness and malicious manipulation of others rob the scene of any real tragedy. Thus, I feel... nothing, here.
Last edited by Fyrstorm on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Well, you're not wrong. Kaworu was misguided beyond measure after having witnessed the same events over and over. The real tragedy here is that Shinji has fucked himself out of every relationship all over someone who pretended to be his friend. So Shinji's actions have negatively impacted those around him leaving himself, Asuka and Mari in a worse position than they were a few weeks previously.

I'm also glad Kaworu's dickishness made him utterly irredeemable.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 3 of 12 Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:12 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, you're not wrong. Kaworu was misguided beyond measure after having witnessed the same events over and over. The real tragedy here is that Shinji has fucked himself out of every relationship all over someone who pretended to be his friend. So Shinji's actions have negatively impacted those around him leaving himself, Asuka and Mari in a worse position than they were a few weeks previously.

I'm also glad Kaworu's dickishness made him utterly irredeemable.

I will give a full juicy review tomorrow but I have to say that I feel that this is about much more that Kaworu dying I feel that the effects of this will come in the later chapters due to the damage he has done and how long it will take to repair as he's basically shattered the family unit in every direction. I am really worried about Asuka because unlike Mari who has had rejection before she is not taking this well and the loneliness is getting her. I have a terrible feeling that she could do what she did in the series in that she'll just give up though I hope that does not lead to attempted suicide route and if it does I hope some one is there to stop her.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 pm

Good Monday morning everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the new chapter, Chapter 4, will be released on Halloween and followed this weekend by another chapter. I just wanted to keep everyone up to date. Also, my new computer is all set up now, so I should be getting back in the swing of things soon enough.

In addition to that, here are the next three chapter titles for the fic.
    Chapter 4 – Disappearing Act
    Chapter 5 – Revelations
Also, just as a quick note, Even though the titles of my fic are based off of the titles of the Star Wars films, I will not be changing the name of either Episode VIII or Episode IX to fit the released titles for said SW films. Echos of the Past and Daybreak will stay as their respective titles because they fit well with what I have planned for the third arc of this fic.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Happy Halloween!!!

Chapter 4 is has been posted. I hope everyone got loads of candy and had a happy and safe holiday, and without further ado, here is what you have been waiting for.

In addition to that, here are the next two chapter titles for the fic.
    Chapter 5 – Revelations
This one has nothing to do with the chapter and more to do with today's holiday.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Good evening everyone,

Well, seeing as I haven't posted in a few weeks because of my personal life, I figured it was time to put up a brief excerpt from the chapter, the first two segments, with minimal spoilers, unless you haven't read the previous chapters. The new chapter should be out this weekend.

So, here for your reading pleasure.

Excerpt of Episode VI, Chapter 5  SPOILER: Show
Excerpt from Episode VI: Return of Reality – Chapter 5 – Revelations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 5 – Revelations
December 27, 2016 – Tokyo–3 South Metro Station

Shinji watched as Kaji pushed him onto the train, with the doors closing between them. As the train pulled away, Shinji slammed his fists on the train door, trying to get himself out to pull Kaji onto the train.

“Kaji!!!” Shinji screamed. “Kaji!!!”

Shinji kept clawing at the door until the station was out of sight. He collapsed on the floor, crying that about what Kaji had told him.

“Kaji… why do you have to leave me too…” Shinji asked himself. “Why do you have to die? What about Misato…?” Shinji started to cry.

A few hours later, the train arrived in Tokyo–3. Shinji, being the sole occupant, didn’t realize they had arrived as he’d been in the fetal position at the door since they’d left. When he realized he was holding up the train by blocking the doors from closing, he got himself up and walked off the train at the same familiar station he’d arrived at over a year and a half prior the day Sachiel attacked.

“So, I’m back here again.” Shinji said. “Arriving in Tokyo–3 from Atsugi, but this time I know why I’m here… I’m here to protect the city.” Shinji sighed. “What’s going to happen without Kaji? He was always there for me to give me advice, whether I liked it or not. Even today… you had a mission that was going to kill you and you came and checked on me. You were the closest thing I’ve had to a father in a long time.” Shinji did his best not to cry. “Kaji… I’m going to try my best… I’ll try to fix everything… to honor you…”
–––
Ritsuko was watching as Misato was released from her holding cell. She had noticed the security presence around her having diminished slightly in the past few hours, and was furious to see Misato being released.

“How did she get out of that!?” Ritsuko muttered angrily. “I thought once they figured out Kaji was behind the kidnapping, she’d be put out to pasture! I left enough clues for that idiot Yamada to find… and that idiot still fucked it up!”

Ritsuko receded into the shadows before Misato could see her, and went back to her office. She opened her desk drawer and pulled out a handgun.

“I’m so tired by other people hurting me… it’s time to show Gendo I won’t be ignored anymore…” Ritsuko muttered. “It’s time to hurt someone else… and I know exactly where to go to maximize the damage…”
–––

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 4 of 12 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Good evening evageeks!

Chapter 5 has finally been posted, so without further ado…

In addition to that, here is the next chapter name.
And this is just because,

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 5 of 12 Chapters

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Hm.

thoughts have been spoilered  SPOILER: Show
So. On one hand, it's sensible to assume that Shinji isn't really in the right mental state for rational thinking anymore. On the other, however, he seems to be overreacting to everything, and consequentially isolating himself. It's something I would have expected more from Asuka-- and ironically, she seems to be coping a lot better in that regard. Yay for Asuka.

(On a side note, the "all caps is yell/screaming" thing is a little annoying. I know I'm bringing this up a little late, but substituting it for italics would be better. Just a thought.)

Ritsuko continues to be the literal worst ever. Unfortunately, her plot armour's still thick enough that Misato, for some bizarre reason, doesn't immediately pump three slugs into Ritsuko's skull the instant she uses "she existed" to explain her behaviour. I've gotta admit, this was the weakest part of the story by far.

But yeah, the way things are turning out, I'll be rather surprised if we get anywhere close to a happy ending.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm

In my defense, she existed is the reason Ritsuko gave in the manga iirc, which is what gave me the idea. But the rest of what you said is on point, Asuka's come to terms with what's happened because she acknowledged her love of Shinji (it's amazing what can change when you're not battling that) so she's more stable, and Shinji is just having trouble because of all the lies and the Kaworu PTSD he's got now plus everything he learned in the chapter. But the ending should be fairly epic, at least I hope it will come off as such.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 am

Good morning evageeks!

Chapter 6 has been posted, so without further ado…

In addition to that, the final countdown to Third Impact is upon us, so below are the chapter titles for the first half of my version of EoE.
    Chapter 7 – Battle Stations
    Chapter 8 – Asuka Strikes
    Chapter 9 – My Love, My Anger, and All of My Sorrow
Need some smiles for this one ^_^

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 6 of 12 Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:07 pm

You nearly ripped my heart out with this chapter...like I can only sum it up this way.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Good evening evageeks,

Chapter 7 has been posted, and reposted. Due to a technical error on my end of the chapter not having been checked over before being submitted. Anyone who has read the chapter already, ctrl+F the phrase "out of existence" and you'll find where the chapter continues from. I do apologize for the error, and will be more careful in the future.

Here for your reading pleasure.
In addition to that, the final countdown to Third Impact is upon us, so below are the chapter titles for the rest of the first half of my version of EoE.
    Chapter 8 – Asuka Strikes
    Chapter 9 – My Love, My Anger, and All of My Sorrow
This one seems appropriate.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; In-Process, 7 of 12 Chapters

Return to “Fanfiction”