[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: [FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone!

Next chapter should be up this Saturday; August 12, 2017. Following that chapter release I'm fairly sure I'll be going back to posting every week. So, if all goes according to plan, Episode VI should get its first chapter released on August 26th.

And while you wait, here's the Gundam that featured in the last chapter.
IT'S ANOTHER GUNDAM!!!  SPOILER: Show

The links and status of my saga are below: NGE: Legacy – Table of Contents
Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; In-Process, 12 of 15 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Resurgence Arc – Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IX: Daybreak
Supplemental Stories – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots; In-Process, 5 of ?? Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters[/quote]
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:And while you wait, here's the Gundam that featured in the last chapter.
IT'S ANOTHER GUNDAM!!!  SPOILER: Show

Gundam has a unicorn version, I did not know that I thought it was only transformers who dressed as animals.

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Gundam has a unicorn version, I did not know that I thought it was only transformers who dressed as animals.

Well technically, its a horse inside a Gundam, called Fuunsaiki. Although, the Gundam is more of a pegasus, cause it can sprout energy wings. As of the end of the series, Fuunsaiki is owned by Domon.
Them Wings  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:11 am

Good morning everyone!

Without further ado... Chapter 13, please enjoy. Also, as I said, title of the chapter is a total spoiler ^_^

Here for your reading pleasure:
And below are the final two chapter names for this fic.
    Chapter 14 – Trust You Forever
    Chapter 15 – Endless Waltz
Also, as an added bonus, considering Episode VI is less than a month away, I'd like to offer the first three chapter names of my next fic that I have dubbed the "Kaworu Arc" for your continued patience with me.
    Chapter 1 – Ode de Joy
    Chapter 2 – I Am Not the One You Know
    Chapter 3 – Betrayal; Tabris Deceives
Now, for the Dark Gundam and its Dark Army

And a different shot of the Dark Gundam with the Master Gundam.

Also, so you can see what the Nobel Gundam (Neo Sweden) looks like, here's its standard and Berserker forms.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; Complete, 12 Chapters
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode IV: The Last Hope; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; In-Process, 13 of 15 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode VI: Return of Reality; Outlined, 0 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am

I just feel really bad for Shinji and Asuka in this chapter because Asuka's gone nuts and Shinji is angry over her being taken away from him.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Due to a personal family emergency, this week's chapter has been delayed until next Saturday. I apologize for the inconvenience, but with everything going on around my house, the utter chaos isn't a conducive environment to be writing a decent fic in. Until next week then.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:54 am

Hello everyone...

Due to a continued personal family emergency, Chapter 14 has been heavily delayed until September 2, 2017. Please forgive the continued issues, having a grandparent you dislike move in with you and take up all your time is a lot to get used to in two weeks. And the continued chaotic bullshit going on is definitely not a conducive environment to be writing a decent fic in. The sad part is I just want to post this fic so everyone can see the ending I have planned, and enjoy it, but real life just keeps getting in the fucking way...

:raincloud: :raincloud: :raincloud:

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; In-Process, 13 of 15 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – One Shots: A Very Evangelion Xmas; In-Process, 2 of ?? Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Hello everyone...

Due to a continued personal family emergency, Chapter 14 has been heavily delayed until September 2, 2017. Please forgive the continued issues, having a grandparent you dislike move in with you and take up all your time is a lot to get used to in two weeks. And the continued chaotic bullshit going on is definitely not a conducive environment to be writing a decent fic in. The sad part is I just want to post this fic so everyone can see the ending I have planned, and enjoy it, but real life just keeps getting in the fucking way...

So sorry your going through this I am looking forward to your next chapter when ever it comes out and I'm not annoyed about the wait as I know offline life has to come first. ^_^

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello everyone...

Due to my grandfather having a stroke this morning, in addition to having to care for him with my father (this being the continuing family emergency I mentioned last week), I will be posting Chapter 14 next week. I would rather not rush the chapter and put out a substandard product and simply require some time to get things under control in the house and write as well as I know I can and not screw up the story as a result of real life getting in the way of things.

I do promise to finish this story soon, I just need some extra time.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:06 pm

My sympathies, dude. Best of luck to your grandfather.

Delays are more than acceptable-- real life's way more important than a story.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:57 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Hello everyone...

Due to my grandfather having a stroke this morning, in addition to having to care for him with my father (this being the continuing family emergency I mentioned last week), I will be posting Chapter 14 next week. I would rather not rush the chapter and put out a substandard product and simply require some time to get things under control in the house and write as well as I know I can and not screw up the story as a result of real life getting in the way of things.

I do promise to finish this story soon, I just need some extra time.

I'm so so sorry this has happened to you I hope your grandfather recovers, take a long as you need.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 pm

Good evening all,

Chapter 14 has been posted. Thank you for your continued patience, and I apologize for the wait, please enjoy. At this point, there will be two chapters posted next week as listed below. If that changes, I'll post an update here.

Here for your reading pleasure:
And below is the final chapter name for this fic.
Also, as an added bonus, considering Episode VI is less than a month away, I'd like to offer the first three chapter names of my next fic that I have dubbed the "Kaworu Arc" for your continued patience with me.
    Chapter 1 – Ode de Joy
And now for an image that will make more sense once you've read the chapter.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; In-Process, 14 of 15 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:55 am

Harsh chapter.

So yeah Mari borrowing unit 02 I don't see that going down well considering what happened in 3.33 and how smashed up the unit got.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Good evening everyone,

The new chapters' tentative posting date is Saturday, 9/23/2017. This will include the final chapter of Gundam Invasion and the opening chapter of Episode VI Return of Reality. I do apologize for the delay, but it is necessary in order to keep delivering the same quality of writing I know I can accomplish. I appreciate everyone's continued patience, and as always am thankful at any views I receive... Domo arigato ^_^

Below is the final chapter name for this fic.
    Chapter 1 – Ode de Joy

As for the new arrivals from the last chapter, their Gundams are below:
Gundam Rose - George de Sand  SPOILER: Show
Gundam Maxter - Chibodee Crocket  SPOILER: Show
Bolt Gundam - Argo Gulskii  SPOILER: Show
Dragon Gundam - Sai Saici  SPOILER: Show

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Gundam Invasion; In-Process, 14 of 15 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update, the final chapter of my Evangelion/Gundam Wing/G Gundam crossover Gundam Invasion and the opening chapter of NGE Legacy's Episode VI Return of Reality are scheduled to be posted this coming Sunday, September 24, 2017. The chapters have come along quite nicely, and I can't wait for you all to see them!

Below is the final chapter name for this fic.
    Chapter 1 – Ode de Joy
This week's final chapter in a nutshell... shit's going down in one, massive, final confrontation. Cue dramatic music.

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:43 pm

DarkBluePhoenix... your fic looks interesting, but I have a question: I haven't seen the Rebuilds yet. Is there a certain number of chapters that I could read, only having seen NGE+EoE (e.g., up to chapter 10, or something)?
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:36 pm

imprimatur13 wrote:DarkBluePhoenix... your fic looks interesting, but I have a question: I haven't seen the Rebuilds yet. Is there a certain number of chapters that I could read, only having seen NGE+EoE (e.g., up to chapter 10, or something)?

Well, the fic itself doesn't really use any Rebuild material besides including Mari and her Unit-05 (renamed in the fic to Unit-XP), and is an entire retelling of the series from the beginning going over quite bit of prequel or "world building" the series itself didn't have, so there shouldn't be any conflicts with not having watched the Rebuilds when reading anything I've put out. Episodes I, II, and III cover the time before the series, so you should be able to read those without any issues, Episodes IV, V, the crossover, and Episode VI deal with the events of the series, and use the list of Angels from the anime, not the ones that appeared in Rebuilds.

I hope that longwinded answer of mine helped -o-; and I can't wait to hear what you think about the fic! ^_^

Origins Arc – Complete!
Angels Arc – Underway

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 pm

Ah, thanks! Just read Episode 1; here're my thoughts on it. (There are also a few comments on AO3, but this way's easier for me.)
Doing great! This really is very easy reading.

Episode 1

ch.3  SPOILER: Show
I like how this is so funny :). Everyone seems like a caricature of themselves... Gendo here makes Shinji from EoE look more well-adjusted than Shinji from the Instrumentality fantasy world :) ('no birthday party'? Seriously?).

ch.4  SPOILER: Show
"I'm thinking of nicknaming her 'Yui' in honor of my favorite sister."
So, this is the first time someone (named 'Shinji', of course) 'gets into the robot', and he's getting into Yui? Hehe....

And the Ayanami thing makes sense. I like that. I also like Shinji/Rei being named after Gendo/Yui's siblings.

ch.5  SPOILER: Show
Ah, Naoko. I never liked her much. Really feel bad for Ritchan here... (and am looking forward to her meeting Misato. It'll be nice to see them together :).)

I suppose EVE's Online now? rimshot

This was a sad chapter, and it's nice to see Yui at the end. I like Yui, and she brightens up the atmosphere :).

ch.6  SPOILER: Show
Ah, Kyoko. Here, of course, is the thing about Kyoko: We really know almost nothing about her pre-insanity, so she's fun to speculate on :).

"Did you not like what I said about that great body of yours? Girls love when you talk about their bodies."
This guy is truly an expert on women. This approach has obviously worked well for him in the past, and it's no wonder: He's very aesthetically inclined. Women like that sort of feminine sensibility, I imagine.
</sarcasm>

The guy who punched him... Will we be seeing him again? (Though, I would've like to see Kyoko pummel him herself :). She's German, they can do that.)
</idle_musing>

Ooooohhhhh.... So KYOKO's the blonde who hit on Gendo. I see...

Oh, my, God. Don't tell me-- Is Gendo Asuka's father? If so, I love this! :asuka_thumbsup:

smoosh
Ah, the Yui/Kyoko ship has set sail!

'Maybe I'll see more of her come next year.'
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Joke.

ch.7  SPOILER: Show
I couldn't resist: You do know that 'progeny' just means 'offspring'? You're thinking of 'prodigal', and 'prodigy'.
</pedantry>

"If I actually am able to perfect my theory, maybe I could bring my parents back, and I wouldn't be alone anymore. I'd have a family again, and someone to love me."
I have to say, this sounds a little too obviously self-aware/expository. Kinda unnatural, y'know? For someone to actually talk like that, even to themselves. Most people don't know (or aren't willing to admit all that to) themselves so well, to understand their own deepest motivations like that.

I... I just died in your arms tonight! It must've been something you said~ (I love that song, and shall listen to it now)

ch.8  SPOILER: Show
Strangers, waiting... walking down the boulevard... shadows, searching in the night~ (I love '80s pop)

'a very evil clock'
Cute.

I like how Fuyutsuki really is a nice guy. It's nice, to have nice people in the world of Eva.

"My current doctoral program is closing down after the sudden death of its professor, heart failure they said."
Don't tell me... Did Gendo use the Death Note to give himself an excuse to be near Kyoko?
"Gendo Ryuk-ubungi"???

Yes, Mari is indeed quite broken; getting that across well. She seems to be attaching herself to Yui as kind of a mother-figure (in Eva, Freud is ALWAYS fair game :wink: )?

And it wasn't too deep for the Author's Note -- I think that's exactly where something like this belongs, and I enjoyed it. Very nice.

ch.9  SPOILER: Show
Yay!!! Gendo/Yui!!! Finally!!!

'Why him, Yui, why him, why not me?'
Ay. It seems everyone wants a piece of teh Yui-sama. Mari, Gendo, Kyoko, Fuyu, nameless youths... Well, who could blame 'em, though? Misato's not in the picture yet, so... 'Tis Yui who is best girl at this point. (though you may want to add a 'Mari/Yui' tag at the top?)

"Yui was the brave type and inserted her coin, and pressed the button without thinking, and received Tomato Juice. "Oh no, I wanted orange juice.""
Foreshadowing? To the tang? So, she was planning it already, from her college days? Hmmm...

ch.10  SPOILER: Show
Ah, Naoko again. And yet, even she warms up to Yui. Yui is best.

I see you're really making Gendo/Yui into sex symbols? Apparently everyone seems to be after them... Not that I mind.

Yui's glasses... reminds me of Rei's little keepsake. Intentional, right?

Ah, yet another first name for Langley? 'Oscar'... better than my 'Greg', I guess... :wink: .
(Please tell me Gendo's still somehow Asuka's father. Please.)
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

Thank you for all the comments!

Sorry, Gendo isn't Asuka's father, Oscar (obvious name pun) is. I just thought it would be hilarious if Gendo and Kyoko had banged, leading Yui to not really care, because that's Yui in a nutshell. And unlike killing his dick parents, Gendo did not off his teacher, just an odd coincidence.

And thank you for noticing the subtle foreshadowing with Shinji's F-15 and naming it Yui.

And my intention with Mari was to write her as being very self aware. She knows what drove her to research this, and she's fine with admitting she misses her family, who she still believes are dead because they were arguing about how Mari eats food.

As for Yui's glasses, the bonus chapter at the end of the manga actually deals with that entire scene, orange juice included, most of which I... appropriated for the fic.

Also, the new chapters should be up in a few hours.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 am

Ah, Oscar! May've been obvious, but... I'm slow to catch on. But yes, I get it now. ^_^

And about Gendo's teacher... I should really be more careful, in general, to make it clear when I'm serious and when I'm not. Harder in just text...

About Mari, gotcha.
And Yui, I didn't read the manga yet, but you made it fit really well. Well enough it seemed like you wrote it just for the fic. So, nice! :asuka_thumbsup:

Return to “Fanfiction”