Transformers and Evangelion to cross over.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Michael Bay Presents EVANGELION

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue May 27, 2014 2:00 pm

I’m pretty sure that this isn’t real. I mean, I can’t find this supposed “Transformers News Center” anywhere.

Either way, a live-action Bay-directed Evangelion is the last thing this universe needs.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue May 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Why? I'm pretty sure it will be as polarizing as original Eva. Half will hate it half will love it. The discord will catapult popularity sky high. Pretty much like original. :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 27, 2014 3:15 pm

^
Someone already made this thread Good Sirs but apparently it was done away with, probably due to it just being a rumor.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue May 27, 2014 4:37 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Why? I'm pretty sure it will be as polarizing as original Eva. Half will hate it half will love it.

No. Half will hate it, and the other half will either forget it even existed it in a year or confused it as a Transformers spin-off that has a strange title for some reason.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue May 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Old news is old. This doesn't look legit at all.

And holy shit, I got to post about the same thing in two different threads.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm

And either way, no one will care about their opinion and Bay will racks tons of cash. Pretty much like original again :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Michael Bay Presents EVANGELION

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm

It's apparently a radio drama show called Transformers Kiss Play: Transformers News Center. Still not sure if that's got anything to do with the rumor.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Re: Michael Bay Presents EVANGELION

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed May 28, 2014 1:13 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:It's apparently a radio drama show called Transformers Kiss Play: Transformers News Center. Still not sure if that's got anything to do with the rumor.

If it's got anything to do with Kiss Players then I'd stay away from it.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Maybe it's some other recent news center thing then, looks like Kiss Play ended in 2007.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri May 30, 2014 1:56 am

If there was any validity to it other more reputable sources would have run with that story to get hits. Gotta get those clicks.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 am

Second part of Takara-Tomy's has been released. So far just a Google translate. Although better than usual. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/evangelion-x-transformers-back-story-part-2-online-180139/

I laughed at Misato calling Tokyo-3 a Scrambled City. Also I'm sad this won't go far enough to see Asuka meet the Dinobots.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 am

What's the link to the original Japanese?

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

^ http://takaratomymall.jp/special/tfeva/story.html

Damnit the Decepticons got to Sachiel first. :rofl: Optimus has to use the Matrix already? It's that bad?

Product pics are up too. Comes with Spike and he's just missing the 3D Maneuver Gear.

Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat May 31, 2014 5:37 am

:fuyu_facepalm:

Between this and the KLK dub it's like the whole damn industry is trying to kill me with terrible. Honestly, guys, if you want me dead just shoot me or something, no need to stoop to these levels. :rolleyes:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Translation of the text on the 2nd image:
Right then, a mysterious shadow appeared in front of the Angel.
"Power... this... this body feels worthy... yes.. "
"That... voice, Starscream. What? No way?!"
Convoy raised his voice unintentionally. Starscream somehow continued to wander, he lost is life in the Unicron war a few years back, his spark left his body... you could call his state.. a ghost .
The shadow of Starscream's ghost merges with the angel, its figure started to mutate. It becomes something different, something half Starscream , half angel - AngelScream.
"What is happening?! Is the angel changing..?!"
Misato wasn't able to hide her surprise at the situation either.
"I have obtained a new body at last!"
AngelScream raised a laugh. He noticed Convoy at his feet.
"An angel, you say? No, also Cybertronian now. And it feels right - let me try this new power!"
AngelScream aimed his wrath at Convoy. The massive size difference shortly puts the Autobots in a desperate situation.

Everything grew more chaotic as one unexpected event followed the other. Commander Misato tells orders the launch of the EVA-01 Unit. New Tokyo 3 begins to change.
"What is going on? Is this place like Scramble City?"
As Convoy's mind rushes, the ground opens before his eyes, and the EVA-01 Unit rises out of it. The Cybertron warriors were overwhelmed by the sheer size of it, nothing they had ever seen before.

Third image is out too. I see where this is heading.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 pm

So, can anyone translate the third part of the story?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

You know, if one were interpret Primus and Unicron as just different seeds this could totally work out. Unicron could be essentially a rogue seed who absorbed his soul payload rather than doing his job. The matrix is the TF version of Adam's Embryo. Hell, even the old "Till all are one" phrase can be interpreted as referring to instrumentality... and that's something the Autobots say, while the Decepticons clearly place more value in individuality. Gestalts could be seen as an attempt at artificial instrumentality.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Wait. . .so the DECEPTICONS are the good guys in this interpretation?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Morality isn't black and white.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 am

^ It rarely is.

View Original PostNemZ wrote:You know, if one were interpret Primus and Unicron as just different seeds this could totally work out. Unicron could be essentially a rogue seed who absorbed his soul payload rather than doing his job. The matrix is the TF version of Adam's Embryo. Hell, even the old "Till all are one" phrase can be interpreted as referring to instrumentality... and that's something the Autobots say, while the Decepticons clearly place more value in individuality. Gestalts could be seen as an attempt at artificial instrumentality.

When you put it like that, this whole random-ass crossover idea doesn't seem so crazy after all. Go figure.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”