Transformers and Evangelion to cross over.

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I thought they kept the man going... BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:06 pm

^ I've also heard good things about Transformers Animated. It's stylization makes me think it's the Windwaker to the Transformers' LoZ standard.

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Saw this on IG earlier but the story didn't break for several hours later. Being a G1 fan and considering all other Transformers incarnations since to be meh since that's what I grew up with

I want to be off the same mind here, but the fact is I heard Garry Chalk as Optimus in so many iterations (most notably, Beast Wars), I thought he had been so since G1.

But no, that of course is Peter Cullen. Chalk though does sound the most like Cullen's G1 performance than any other (Cullen's Live Action performance is noticeably deeper).
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby heavytread » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:And what's wrong with Transformers: Prime? I think it's probably the best entry into the Transformers franchise so far, with gripping story telling, memorable incarnations of the characters, and it doesn't stop itself from steeping into dark-story telling. :) If anything, I think TF:P would fit best with the scheme of the EVA universe.

Um... while Prime would be best story wise because of its "dark" tone to cross with EVA, Animated was far better story,character development, design ect. wise overall, second only to Beast Wars (at least in my opinion). Plus ya know P.O.K.E (Punch Of Kill Everything) which would be awesome to see in the EVA universe.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Maybe I'm a bit of a heretic here, but as far as Transformers go, I liked Armada most. It could be funny, but could get serious if necessary. All in all I liked it the most, despite being rolled into Transformers since G1 and watching Beast Wars in german on cable TV despite not knowing a word they were saying :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Mike Mars
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mike Mars » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:13 pm

^ I have to agree with you on Armada being the best Transformers series, if only because of the really cool twist they did with Starscream's character.
My earliest childhood memory was getting mugged by Death.

Years later, I started writing this.

As far as I can tell, there is no correlation between the two.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Armada Starsky is awesome and nothing change my mind about it. Not even Klondike bar :D
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:50 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:"Pokapoka: Agreeable."
"Wondergirl, stop talking like that boxy weirdo."
"Negative."
"Seriously, it's weirding everyone out. Even more than usual."
"Rumble: Eject. Mission: Pest removal"
[insert transformer noise]
"Mein Gott, You're keeping them in your BRA now?!"
"Hey, her chest compartment's way comfier than Soundwave's. I ain't complainin."

I wish there was room in my sig for all that.

But anyway...Well, that was out of left field.

"Shinji, get in the fucking robot...No, no the other one."

"B-B-But this one turns into a truck...Can Unit 01 turn into a truck?"

"...Good point..."
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am

I'm unfamiliar with Transformers (other than the movies) so what I want to know is this: what medium is this crossover going to be in? Toys? A manga? A TV series?

But as long as it has Starscream doing the Gendo pose, I'll consider this a win!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I'm unfamiliar with Transformers (other than the movies)

Oh boy do I feel sorry for you! :|

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 am

But from what I know, they've done crossovers with a lot of other things, like The Avengers, Star Wars, and G.I. Joe. All of these basically consisted of comic miniseries and limited-edition toys, so that's what I'm expecting this to be like too.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Official website is live but nothing new beyond the teaser intro yet.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue May 13, 2014 3:13 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Official website is live but nothing new beyond the teaser intro yet.

the text on the front page translates to
Life of the mystery that appeared suddenly broke the long silence, Apostle. Command authority of the Apostle versus game has been moved to secret military agency NERV teeth at last ... not stand at all weapons of UN forces gathered in order to compete with it.

When the apostle to ... invasion quietly aimed at third new city of Tokyo, the space shuttle is descending from far up in the sky, the sky's Links of Cybertron. The emerged from in Cybertron warriors led by Optimus and came to infer the unusual energy reaction from the headquarters of the far Cybertron.
"The other ... it can not afford to cause the planet to the tragedy, such as the Second Impact. Monster that's what made ​​... No? Can?"
Astonished to witness the enemy ... Apostle huge much more than their convoy that landed on the ground ....

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:31 pm

From my source:
The Angels are invading. Breaking a long silence, the mysterious life-forms known as the Angels suddenly appear. The weapons the UN forces gather together in retaliation can't even scratch them. In the end, they turn to the secret agency, NERV, to manage the anti-Angel strategy.

With Neo-Tokyo 3 in their sights, the Angels slowly advance upon the city...but suddenly a spaceship comes hurtling down from the sky above the Angels: the Sky Lynx! Out of the ship emerges warriors of the far-off planet Cybertron. They've come to investigate after noticing an unusual energy reading.

"We can't let a disaster like the Second Impact occur on this planet."
"What?! What are these monsters?!"

The shocked Cybertron convoy sets its sights on an enemy much bigger than themselves.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Firetrout
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Firetrout » Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Now how did they have Second Impact without knowing what Angels are?

And it would be funny if Optimus transformed into Unit-01.

astrophys
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby astrophys » Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 pm

So, in what style are they crossing over, just to double check? Manga? Anime? Other?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Thought I read in ANN or such that it was just toy merchandise?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed May 14, 2014 2:28 pm

Thank god it was just a toy crossover.

A real crossover? Two words, bad Idea!
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri May 16, 2014 8:50 am

son of a bitch! I was hoping for a manga crossover :(

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

AR-99
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 pm

Optimus in Eva-01's color scheme is enough for me already based on the promo artwork. I see going beyond that without getting ridiculous as a challenge.

Dataprime
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 pm

New Info in the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-05-22/transformers-x-evangelion-optimus-prime-figure-to-come-with-trailer-and-accessories/.74805

- Suicidahlia

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu May 22, 2014 11:52 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Thought I read in ANN or such that it was just toy merchandise?

I was hoping for a story crossover.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”