[MANGA] [NGE] Manga's couple: Rei and Shinji?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:18 am

BrikHaus wrote:After having read the last few posts, I'm thinking that our catgirl population is becoming dangerously small. Let's make sure they don't go extinct, ok?

Killing catgirls is fun fufufu.

Ja Ayanami wrote:I didn't think Kaworu had that kind of origin.

episode #24 wrote:HYUGA:
But the one thing we do know is
that his birthday coincides with the Second Impact.

RCB wrote:[Kaworu Nagisa]
The Fifth Children who was sent by SEELE to NERV. However, his true identity was that of the 17th Angel. It is likely that he was an Angel which had been captured by SEELE in the embryo state .

episode #23' wrote:WOMAN B:
The genes that dived into Adam have already undergone physical fusion!

I believe this is called connect the dots.

Hey Ornette, you remember any of the threads that talk about this stuff cause I can't remember them...

Since Rei is made from both human and Angel DNA can we attribute her inability to have offspring to this

Lilith is a Homo-sapiens.
EoE wrote:Shigeru:
Unidentified high-energy source approaching rapidly from Terminal Dogma!

Makoto:
AT Field verified! Analysis pattern blue!!

Maya:
It's not... an Angel!?

Makoto:
No! It's... a person!? It's human!

Retarded I know, but what can you do?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:19 am

Shiro wrote:Some species are very close, but still unable to breed. Case in point: Chimps and humans. DNA differs by what, 2%? But we still can't breed.

I realize that but I would like to know if that makes sense for her infertility. Let's not forget either that Humans and Angels are supposedly even closer than Chimps.
They may forget you if you succeed but who wants to be remembered as a failure

-Me

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:21 am

Humans and chimps were roughly 2%, I don't know the exact stat. Humans and Angels were 99.89% the same. So yes, that is true. But still, I don't think that their systems are the same. The s^2 organ alone would prevent this, because it's impossible to breed with a species with different organs.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:24 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Lilith is a Homo-sapiens.
EoE wrote:Shigeru:
Unidentified high-energy source approaching rapidly from Terminal Dogma!

Makoto:
AT Field verified! Analysis pattern blue!!

Maya:
It's not... an Angel!?

Makoto:
No! It's... a person!? It's human!

Retarded I know, but what can you do?

Well let's not forget that when those readings were taken Lillith had combined with Rei and Gendo's hand containing Adam. God knows that that would do to her genetically but... ya.

-Me

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:47 am

I don't remember any threads that specifically dealt with the way "human" applies within the series, it's always one of those scattered off-topic types of discussions, like it is here.

ep08 wrote:Kaji:
It was a pretty eventful trip. Was it caused by this, after all?

Kaji:
It's already restored itself this far. It's frozen inside dura-bakelite,
but it's still alive. Without a doubt, this is the keystone of the
Human Instrumentality Project, isn't it?

IKARI:
Correct. This is the first human being.
Adam.

Leaving genetics out of the debate, multiple times, Angels and Evas are referred to as "human". Whether this was simply bad writing or 2 different uses of the term "human" ("human" = Adam/Lilith and their offspring, and "human" = "H. Sapien"), who knows. But usually for consistency in discussions about the script, it's easier to just assume that "human" is all SoL + their offspring, unless specified otherwise.

Now, we can start a new thread in Discussion and continue this, but I don't see what else there is to discuss.

Ja Ayanami wrote:My understanding of a clone is an EXACT genetic replica of another being. Rei does not fit this definition. In my understanding she is more closely defined as a Homunculus i.e. an artificial human created from the blood or organic matter of another being. Since Rei is made from both Yui and Lillith and is an artificial human I think this definition is more appropriate.

The only real clue we have about Rei's origin is from the RCB saying that Rei is the product of the failed salvage operation to try to get Yui out of Eva-01.

There was a theory floating around several years ago about the little legs in Llith's torso being a factory of Rei clones. I think the thing that made it not fly was that they were way too large to be Rei's. Another thing that makes it a little fishy: Rei 1, product of failed salvage operation was a child, blue hair, red eyes, pale skin. Rei 1 dies an dit JUST so happens that the bodies coming out of Lilith are just like the child Rei 1 of different origin?

At any rate, the incest threads are here: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158 and a little bit here: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3026
We should continue that discussion in the first of the 2 threads.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:59 am

Okay. I apologize for getting us off topic, I just thought that it might be a good question while we were on the topic. I had not heard yet, so how many Mangas is Sadamoto supposed to be making. Also when is the 11th going to be released in America?

-Me

Darknemo2000
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Darknemo2000 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 am

I have to say I don't really care, not because I don't live in america, but because I hardly care about Sadamoto's manga at all.

He has great art, and I would take his Kaji background over animes anytime, just like few Ritsuko scenes and few Rei/Shinji one's but everything else - is just a piece of crap as far as I see it. It only has some point if we combine it with anime (as some sort of spice) like adding Kaji's background bits, but as a fully substantial work, Sadamoto's manga is a failure, compared to anime itself.

It's all just my personal opinion though, but I would chose anime over it anytime. Actually I am more anticipating of a new Re-Take coming up, than the Sadamoto's manga.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:50 pm

Well I kinda like the manga. I think it gives us a lot better look at what the charecters do outside piloting Eva. I always wondered what a typical day in the life of an Eva pilot would be like.

-Me

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Ja Ayanami wrote:Should we also consider the idea that humans can mate with Angels and produce offspring. (visions of a ten story Zureal with long red hair comes to mind) *shudders* Ew...

[url]http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4114[/url]

Yay me. xDDD
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

nr4mg
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nr4mg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 am

Aw man Im praying he breaks up with Asuka and goes for Rei, I really hoping that happens, cause book 6 is on pick up order at my bookstore :lol:
[url]http://myanimelist.net/signature/nr4mg.png[/url]

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:51 pm

nr4mg wrote:Aw man Im praying he breaks up with Asuka and goes for Rei, I really hoping that happens, cause book 6 is on pick up order at my bookstore :lol:

Sucks for you then man. I was hoping that too though.

-Me

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:35 pm

One of the things I'm really confused about is how many people can think the hospital scene between Shinji and Asuka was an indication that Shinji loves Asuka. The only thing I think of it being seen in that light is that Shinji says to Asuka, "The Asuka I want to protect isn't this empty shell!"
However, Shinji thinks in his mind several times that he wants to protect eveyone (Mistao, Touji, Kensuke, Rei, Asuka). So, couldn't his statement be seen as someone wanting to protect someone else without romantic sub-text? Plus, if Shinji does love Asuka, why didn't he say less vague line. Why not say, "I want you to be with me forever?"

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:57 am

I just tend to think that most of the things Shinji says are a result of his emotionally desturbed attitude. It just always seems like he is confused or uncomfortable in his own skin.

-Me

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”