Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:23 pm

The only thing Evangelion related I ever liked was Evangelion (and the mango was alright).

This will suck.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:35 pm

But this guy actually has some ties to the show: he did the mecha design and wrote some crazy-arse endings that were never used!
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

More scans of ANIMA:

The 00, the design is similar at the 00 of Rebuild.

""

And the O2, i don´t like this design, it doesn´t look like the original 02 in nothing, those little horns look the same as the ones 02 has in Rebuild's 2 preview. Asuka won´t like this design :asuka_geh:

""

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 pm

That looks more like Eva-03 than 02. Who's screwing around with the designs on this one?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:09 pm

More image of "02".

Well and now this Asuka image(source ALS), before, i think that this novel was a fanservice novel but now i think that it will be a hentai novel XD

"Photobucket"
Last edited by klasnic on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 pm

I like the design. I like it in a "this looks like a really cool doujinshi" sort of way. Not quite as "awesome"-looking as the designs in EVA FIX, but I still want to read this. 'Course, I'd want to read it anyway.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:08 pm

WHat's Eva FIX if I may ask.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 pm

universalperson wrote:WHat's Eva FIX if I may ask.
It's a fanmade book with new pilots and Evangelions that takes place after EoTV. It has a particularly disturbing image of the Childrens after being captured by SEELE. I don't like the human designs in that book so much, but the designs of the Evangelions are just fantastic.

Puga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Puga » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:15 pm

NAveryW wrote:
universalperson wrote:WHat's Eva FIX if I may ask.
It's a fanmade book with new pilots and Evangelions that takes place after EoTV. It has a particularly disturbing image of the Childrens after being captured by SEELE. I don't like the human designs in that book so much, but the designs of the Evangelions are just fantastic.

hey NAveryW is there a site so i can check out the pictures for the "eva FIX" thing?
Top Ten Scariest Places to Find Kaworu

10 ) In the middle of your city thousands meters high and naked with a freaky dicky smile
9 ) In your family tree
8 ) In a Christmas Card
7 ) In your refrigerator
6 ) "Cool Whip" comercial
5 ) In Your Television (regardless of action)
4 ) "Oprah"
3 ) In your closet
2 ) In your bed
1 ) Next to your pets (namely cats)

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:25 pm

More scans, thanks to ALS forum:

I don´t like these designs, the design of MP Eva is than Eva 02.

Last edited by klasnic on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Puga wrote:hey NAveryW is there a site so i can check out the pictures for the "eva FIX" thing?
Not that I know of, but I have the folder on my computer. I'll PM it to you, I suppose. Come to think of it, I'll just upload it and put a link in the Omake section. It's a doujin work, so putting it online won't violate copyright any more than Choco already did by making it in the first place.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:15 pm

klasnic wrote:Well and now this Asuka image(source ALS), before, i think that this novel was a fanservice novel but now i think that it will be a hentai novel XD
The character designer for ANIMA, Utadane Hiroyuki, is apparently a famous hentai artist.

EDIT: Crap, a double post. I'll... er... make this one more important by... adding... I can't find anything. ;_;

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:23 am

"Free

Shinji with ponytail.....

P.D.: Somebody know what the first text says about Asuka.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:36 am

They really did turn Shinji into Kaji, complete with shiny black shoes. And getting ready for a fight.

[dub-Ritsuko]Pathetic.[/dub-Ritsuko]
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:22 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:They really did turn Shinji into Kaji, complete with shiny black shoes. And getting ready for a fight.

[dub-Ritsuko]Pathetic.[/dub-Ritsuko]

My god, this really is a fanfic.

I mean, really.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:27 pm

EVERYTHING THAT'S NOT BY ANNO OR SADAMOTO IS A FANFIC.

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:52 pm

This is entirely the first time I've heard of this. Hope it's not too necropost-y to bring it back up.

I like the 00 and MPE redesign but 02...just yikes. I guess this is what Yamashita draws like when he doesn't have someone standing over his shoulder going "Hey, dial it down a bit."

That said I'm not sure where all the fan outrage is coming from. Of course it's a fanfic. It doesn't count except in its own little world. Why sit and deride something you can easily ignore altogether? (Personally I can't, because if there's one thing I love it's a good ol' fashioned multiverse.)
Insert Block of Text here.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Request for that "it's a uterus, not a clown-car" fanart of Ponytail Shinji be put up for comparison to this? (Tines, I'm looking at you. ;) )

Anyway....yeah. At first I thought this was a cool/interesting idea, but Asuka doesn't even LOOK like Asuka, and turning Shinji into a Kaji clone: LARGE AMOUNTS OF DO NOT WANT. At least TRY to keep him looking and acting in-character, jeez! I also hope this isn't going to be anything stupid like "this actually takes place in Instrumentality because it was accepted" seeing as that would make no sense for several reasons. (Being after EoTV since there's that stupid misconception of EoTV being a different ending from EoE.)

NAW-kun wrote:It has a particularly disturbing image of the Children after being captured by SEELE.

Is that the pic of them (minus Kaworu IIRC) naked; Touji with his missing leg still, Asuka crying, them generally looking being miserable?

Seen it on THAT BOARD. Also DO NOT WANT. :sigh:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Furu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:47 pm

It's after the TV series in the sense that it's after the time frame depicted in it. It confirms or dispels no misconceptions about the ending(s) because it assumes an entirely different third ending has happened.
Insert Block of Text here.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Is that the pic of them (minus Kaworu IIRC) naked; Touji with his missing leg still, Asuka crying, them generally looking being miserable?

Seen it on THAT BOARD. Also DO NOT WANT. :sigh:
Yes, that's the one. Was the rest of EVA FIX on there or just that one page?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”