Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:56 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Does this new AU having anything to do with this http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3360 ?? Or is Stardust not paying attention at this thread? ^^;

@ Apathetic Piggy: You're forgetting that in the "Asuka's Virgin Road Quiz!", Asuka says that Shinji is the one who'll be her "future husband". ;)

Didn't forget it, chose not to include it. I remember the game almost verbatim due to being unbelievably bored and having a good memory over things that rape the canon that much. I would have been a bit sad that she didn't hit Shinji for answering b) Aoba... if I even considered Asuka remotely in-character at that point.

The screen shots I've seen of the Special Edition seem to have more of rape-Shinji-or-bust Asuka, so if you want to have some visual fanfiction and are fluent in Moonspeak/have a translation for the game, go for it.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:14 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:<snip>

...if they touch Eva canon and mess it up, I'll .... er.... never forgive them!

And this is going to hurt them how?

If you don't like what Anima (assuming it isn't just some sort of hoax, elaborate or otherwise) does to the series, just do what Trek fans learned to and pick a side, or just don't accept it and avoid topics/posts which pertain to it. Maybe it will be like the Highlander films; stop after the first one and pretend there were never any more. Maybe it will just be interesting.

Best advice: if you don't like it, think of it as GoS and consider it fanfiction. When someone brings it up, humor them, and move on. But the whole "I'll never forgive them" is bull because you'll still buy Eva merch and the Rebuild DVDs.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:22 am

... so does everyone know now that this is a Novel? That is what Kalias said about this... though it's interesting to see an outside forum comment on what we at Trivial Being have posted. 8)
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:10 am

A new image that i found about this "novel":

[URL=http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=881345km3.jpg]Image[/URL]

The world three after the end of the TV serie and Asuka fanservice>_<

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 am

You know, one day something anime related will be released that doesn't feature the female lead showing off her panties.

But not today.

All I can say is Asuka grew up.

Fin.de.Siecle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fin.de.Siecle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:You know, one day something anime related will be released that doesn't feature the female lead showing off her panties.

I'll keep holding my hope out, yes?

...But now I kind of want a similar dress, just for the flouncy bits on the skirt.

Huh.

Back on topic, this looks rather interesting. I know the chances of getting an English translation are likely very slim-to-none, but they have been translating more anime-related novels from Japanese to English as of late. Not just Battle Royale. I've seen Gravitation novels, for God's sake.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:You know, one day something anime related will be released that doesn't feature the female lead showing off her panties.

You've been looking in all the wrong places, you know.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Amamiya Manami (b. 30-Aug-2018)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:51 pm

I certainly wouldn't want to live in a world like that.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Do Mei's pull-ups in My Neighbor Totoro count?

Gendo'sPapa wrote:All I can say is Asuka grew up.

Asuka wrote:And my figure's filled out nicely as well.

That picture seems to imply a big change in Asuka's personality. All doujinshi aside, can one really imagine Asuka with that sort of expression (while in that sort of dress) in the original series?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Steamboy?

I might give this series a chance.

But what I'd REALLY like to see is a mindfrak series that further explores the political machinations of the NGE world.
"-and for your special entertainment
we have turned you into a TV guided bomb"

- Nick "True Edgemaster" Land

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:26 pm

@ Asuka Pic: Um....I dunno what to think of what they did to Asuka-chan. >_< Can't tell whether I like it or hate it.

AP wrote:The screen shots I've seen of the Special Edition seem to have more of rape-Shinji-or-bust Asuka, so if you want to have some visual fanfiction and are fluent in Moonspeak/have a translation for the game, go for it.

You do know I translated that new A/S GoS Special Edition 11 min scene for THAT BOARD, right? (Is that what you're referring to?)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm marginally intrigued, but not much more.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:00 pm

I for one really want to read this. I'm not going to take it as canon, but I think it'd be a very interesting story.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:14 pm

I apologize for the double post, but I figure this merits one: from an internet translation of NGE's Japanese Wikipedia page, I have discovered this about ANIMA:

-It does not take place after either ending of the series, but rather in an alternate "what if" scenario in which the United Nations (and) the Japanese government halt the production of the MP Evangelions and the Human Instrumentality Project is successfully stopped.

-As we already knew, ANIMA takes place three years later.

-Someone named "Hideaki" (surely Anno) is quoted as saying something about ANIMA, though it's too garbled to make out what he's saying.

From my own experience, I do know that in the originally planned ending, the Human Instrumentality Project was going to be scrapped to focus all resources on fighting the last Angel(s). [S(au/our)ce: the Proposal.]

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it is indeed going to be serialized in a hobby magazine.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ Asuka Pic: Um....I dunno what to think of what they did to Asuka-chan. >_< Can't tell whether I like it or hate it.

I have mixed feelings over it as well, leaning on dislike, but that goes for the whole "ANIMA" thing I guess. I'll reserve judgement until I actually see/read about the final product though. Something about it still strikes me as false, for some reason. I'm cynical so that may be it.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
AP wrote:The screen shots I've seen of the Special Edition seem to have more of rape-Shinji-or-bust Asuka, so if you want to have some visual fanfiction and are fluent in Moonspeak/have a translation for the game, go for it.

You do know I translated that new A/S GoS Special Edition 11 min scene for THAT BOARD, right? (Is that what you're referring to?)

While I'm pretty sure I know what you refer to as "THAT BOARD" but I have not seen your translation. I've seen the screens and well, it seems a bit obvious what is going on in context, but without translations I can't just declare that Asuka's after Shinji's manic-depressive loins.

Anyway, the whole Anima thing does seem awkward to me, but I would like to see how it plays out anyway (I'm a whore, I admit it. Don't ask about my rates!). Oh, and sorry for being away for so long. College can be a little rough.

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:41 pm

What's sad is, us NGE fans will take what we can get, if it's NGE related. It'll give us something to either love or bash over and over until we get Webuild over here. (Or a leak, of course)

Asuka...meh. One look isn't going to make or break what her character will be like. It's probably just random fanservice, and you can't exactly criticize Gainax now for that, look how much we had in the actual series! Random fanservice makes people excited.

So, a light novel huh? If it's a light novel, (Which I'm assuming it is, seeing as there's illustrations) we'll probably get a series of them. Which is fine with me, except light novels are difficult to translate, cause there's so much damn text. Not likely we'll see this over here.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ Asuka Pic: Um....I dunno what to think of what they did to Asuka-chan. >_< Can't tell whether I like it or hate it.

I hate it, that's for sure. She looks like Sailor Moon...with her rear end exposed. UGH! :shock:
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:24 pm

lol. Good point.

That type of look doesn't fit Asuka-chan at all. Though she looks cute being a few years older. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

klasnic
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby klasnic » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm

ANIMA=FANSERVICE :wink:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:29 pm

The first person to translate that page (or at least summarize it) gets half the internets I won last night.

EDIT: Heh, I knew I recognized the writer's name. Turns out he's the Werewolf Asuka guy. Now we know ANIMA's going to be good...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”