Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:56 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Taking that point of view, there isn't really a poper evangelion universe, is there?

Also, the original GOS, although that was more an added episode than an entire universe.

I think Asuka's behavior in the game can pretty much put it in the Alternate Universe category, let alone Shinji just believing that a girl who he's just met is instantly in love with him.

Spoiler warning for GoS/IM!

Anyone who didn't realize Mana was full of crap with her "I have no ulterior motives, I love Shinji" shtick really needs to get their head checked...

End spoilers!

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:19 pm

I haven't got it, so I wouldn't know. What's so weird about Asuka's behavior?
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:20 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:I haven't got it, so I wouldn't know. What's so weird about Asuka's behavior?

Augh... I didn't want to bring this back... but dammit I started it so...

She basically does everything save for telling Shinji to "rip through these walls and do me, do me forever."

Seriously, she flirts to a point where even the most far-gone Shinji/Asuka fan would get diabetes from her sweet behavior. She (jokingly, though by the end of the game you realize there's truth in her meaning) mentions that among Kaji, Aoba, and Shinji, she would marry the latter and not the former (and I DID play through three times for the verification, though when selecting Aoba I think she said said she'd marry Kaji. The other two are more directed to Shinji though so I'm being democratic and saying majority rules). She's insanely jealous of Mana for being so close with Shinji, and even jokes that they are in a relationship where he has her undergarments and they bathe together when Mana is over for dinner.

Not convinced? There's more. Here's where it gets spoilerific. When Mana is missing, Asuka orders that she and Shinji search her room alone (Touji and the others came along) and when in there she asks if he'd be interested in moving out from Misato's apartment and living together (she claims it was a joke or idle thought afterwards, though). After Mana is presumed to have been nuked by a N^2 mine Asuka tells Shinji she can be a replacement for Mana if he'd like (though once again, she tries to cover it up by saying she'd be doing it for Nerv). Her tone is not nearly as joking in the last scene I mentioned, there's some more sincerity in it.

As if that wasn't enough, the ending has some generally out-of-character (mostly on Asuka's part) interaction between the two. There's a script online of the Asuka ending somewhere, but there's also the image of them embracing each other to escape the rain and that's from said ending.

It's almost a rite of passage to sit through GoS for an Evangelion fan, as it is almost sickening at points. Asuka was right about Mana, but it's hard to believe Mana could have fooled anyone with her act-- what's worse is that she did. All that aside, you may like GoS. It helps if you think of it as a flash animated fanfic more than something official.

If you want me to give you a general outline of the story in GoS, PM me and I'll get on that, but let's try not to derail the topic any further. Any news about this rumor (ANIMA)?

Hailtheplatypus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hailtheplatypus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 am

Could be interesting, but I have a feeling this will be another alternate universe series created to make money.
The fate of distruction is also the joy of rebirth.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Just like everything else having to do with Eva.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Hailtheplatypus wrote:Could be interesting, but I have a feeling this will be another alternate universe series created to make money.
Erm, isn't that statement already self-evident by ANIMA's very existence?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:55 pm

I sense plans within plans, at Gainax
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:41 am

Hailtheplatypus wrote:Could be interesting, but I have a feeling this will be another alternate universe series created to make money.

I'm pretty much 100% sure that's what this is, to be honest.

Oh well, still looking forward to it! :]
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Operation Yashima
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Operation Yashima » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:

I'm pretty much 100% sure that's what this is, to be honest.

Oh well, still looking forward to it! :]

Looks like I'm not the only die-hard, blind-and-foolish evageek here...

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Well, this looks interesting. I would be interested in taking a look, but I just hope they do a good job with this AU. This, of course, is to make money. But I'll still pick it up.

On the note of GOS . . . urgh, I hate it when characters act nothing like they normally would, and Asuka sounds . . . urgh.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:16 pm

Wevangeliwon wrote:Well, this looks interesting. I would be interested in taking a look, but I just hope they do a good job with this AU. This, of course, is to make money. But I'll still pick it up.

On the note of GOS . . . urgh, I hate it when characters act nothing like they normally would, and Asuka sounds . . . urgh.

It's more of a flash animated fan fiction than anything else. Think of it that way and it's a much easier pill to swallow.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:35 pm

But it's not Flash...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:38 pm

NAveryW wrote:But it's not Flash...

Well, think of it as low-budget (and by that, I mean creator interest in the project). It's basically an animatic with voice overs, if you know what that is. In short, pictures with voices. It's something you should probably suffer through once if you think you're up to it (I say suffer as some love it, some hate it. Depends if you can handle bland and predictable stories that take two or more hours and extreme out-of-character qualities for some of the cast).

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:21 pm

This looks and sounds genuinely stupid. I hope that such an impression will be soundly beaten and forgotten, but I won't be surprised if it's merely slapped on the cheek before its assailant doubles over and collapses on a pile of money.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Gendo'sPapa
God
God

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:35 am

no idea what it is and really could do without another Anno-less version of Eva. Oh well, its not like I trudge through the epic mindless crap that are the "Accesories of Evangelion". Thats souless brand naming and nothing less.
Still, on an aesthetic level I like the look of an older Asuka and Rei. But with R'Eva happening any kind of sequel to the Tv Series strikes me as mute.
And if its supposed to be a novel whats the purpose of character designs anyway?

Im content with Gainax pillaging the Eva name as long as they keep it out of anime. Make as many "Shinji is teh pimp of the universe by being effeminate" mangas as you want or creepy nude Asuka sex dolls and even creepier (and cute but pointless) Chibi Evas you wish. But don't try to pull of a sequel anime.
Unless Anno is spearheading the project in script and direction.

P.S. I wonder if Japanese use spell check. Cause in the lower right hand corner under "Staff" I can only assume that is meant to say HEAVEN'S PRISON...never heard of Heven.
More world repeating itself in Shinji's head after EOE. Someone at GAINAX read "Retake" and a whole new world of Eva properties opened up. I wonder when the Evangelion Pokemon imitation begins.
"Go Mom! I choose you! CAtch that Angel!"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 pm

Does this new AU having anything to do with this http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3360 ?? Or is Stardust not paying attention at this thread? ^^;

@ Apathetic Piggy: You're forgetting that in the "Asuka's Virgin Road Quiz!", Asuka says that Shinji is the one who'll be her "future husband". ;)

EDIT: Never mind. It's nice to see a new AU Eva thing that's not based on the GoS2 universe, but the actual series universe instead, w00t w00t!

And it takes place after EoTV's events, eh? It's the same ending as EoE, so there's no difference with that. :mrgreen:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:27 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Im content with Gainax pillaging the Eva name as long as they keep it out of anime. Make as many "Shinji is teh pimp of the universe by being effeminate" mangas as you want or creepy nude Asuka sex dolls and even creepier (and cute but pointless) Chibi Evas you wish. But don't try to pull of a sequel anime.
Unless Anno is spearheading the project in script and direction.

I agree! I actually love Evangelion merchandise (well, except for the ridiculous sexualized merchandise) but if they touch Eva canon and mess it up, I'll .... er.... never forgive them!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:16 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:I actually love Evangelion merchandise (well, except for the ridiculous sexualized merchandise)

Is there another kind of Eva merchandise?

but if they touch Eva canon and mess it up, I'll .... er.... never forgive them!

I guess you haven't heard about Rebuild. ;)
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:23 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Is there another kind of Eva merchandise?

Off the top of my head : the purple and green trainers and bicycle, NERV silk ties, iPods and Zippo lighters.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:26 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Off the top of my head : the purple and green trainers and bicycle, NERV silk ties, iPods and Zippo lighters.

Not to mention my Eva comic book tie. :D
Awesomely Shitty

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”