Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 am

View Original Postshinhito wrote:Could you let us know what retailer you purchased them from? Inquiring minds want to know!

:lol:

CDJapan.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:07 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:CDJapan.

Very cool! I almost purchased from them, but through Amazon.co.jp the total order was $240.96 with priority shipping.

For CDJapan it was going to be $330.85 for the cheapest shipping (1-3 weeks estimate it said on the CDJapan website).

So for me faster shipping at about $100 difference made the choice clear for me!

Also whomever receives their set first on here must take photos for us all to drool over!
He then played every song from 1993. The crowd applauded as he curtsied bashfully.
Your eyelashes tickled my neck, with every nervous blink. And it was perfect, until the telephone started ringing

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:50 am

On the basis of previous shippings from CDJapan (and the UK bank holiday next Monday) I expect to receive my packages on Tuesday week.

The wait continues...
(but not for long now)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:38 am

So we all know this is coming out soon. But does anyone have any idea when a english sub, or when the dub will come out for the Blu-Ray?

I would like to think Funimation got there hands on it, but I don't know.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:00 am

No one knows, so presumably nothing is decided or arranged. Aside from Funimation's extraordinary behaviour over Q, there was even the fact that ADV poked their nose above the parapet around the time this was announced.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:15 am

There are Eva Blu-rays out there literally with my name on them.
:woohoo:

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:31 am

I also received my e-mail notification for shipment this morning.

I am so beyond stoked for this :3

shinhito
Adam

Amazon.co.jp

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:03 pm

I have never purchased from Amazon Japan so I was wondering if there is anyone on here who has ever pre-ordered or just ordered anything from Amazon Japan from the US?

I am just wondering if you think they'll ship prior to the release date? For example when I have pre-ordered some items from Amazon.com they ship a couple of days to make sure it arrives on the release date or very close to the release date.

Also, once an items ships from Amazon Japan how long does the shipping generally take to get to the states? There was only one option for shipping selection when I ordered and it was called "AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping".

Also the current status of the order is listed as...

"Order Status: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Again, these questions are just out of curiosity mostly. I am currently being the utmost patient for this to arrive to me even though I have dreamt multiple times about this Blu-Ray set coming into my possession. I am okay. I am sane. I am as calm as a Koala...
He then played every song from 1993. The crowd applauded as he curtsied bashfully.
Your eyelashes tickled my neck, with every nervous blink. And it was perfect, until the telephone started ringing

Blue Three
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Three » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Preordered copies should all have gone out by the 25th. Shipping shouldn't take more than five days, but it could get to you as early as Thursday or Friday.

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:26 pm

View Original PostBlue Three wrote:Preordered copies should all have gone out by the 25th. Shipping shouldn't take more than five days, but it could get to you as early as Thursday or Friday.

Awesome! Good to know.

Also I saw this great picture on the Route 2015 Instagram. These are the film prints for the original 1997 Death & Rebirth theatrical edition!

https://instagram.com/p/6orn-qMjGh/
Last edited by shinhito on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:27 pm

Amazon Japan has faster delivery than Amazon US in my experience. I bought the 2015 TV Settei book from them on the 7th and it was here on the 11th. I pre-ordered a manga back in July and they shipped it on the release date. The turnaround from shipment to delivery has been right about three days each time.

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:28 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Amazon Japan has faster delivery than Amazon US in my experience. I bought the 2015 TV Settei book from them on the 7th and it was here on the 11th. I pre-ordered a manga back in July and they shipped it on the release date. The turnaround from shipment to delivery has been right about three days each time.

Cool! I guess that is pretty fast, but I am spoiled with Amazon Prime in the states.

$3.99 Overnight shipping or Free Two-Day Shipping. I so wish my Prime account worked for Amazon.co.jp but alas, it does not.. :(

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:05 pm

In my experience with amazon.co.jp, stuff usually arrives at my door within 48 hours of shipping notification.

I have the same message in the status page. I'm assuming things might get slow to process this time because of the volume of orders and for me because I switched to the normal box on August 12th, so I'm probably farther down the queue than if I had kept my super box order placed in February.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:18 pm

Not that I bought these darn things, but region coding questions to make sure I didn't miss anything: Since the BD regions for Japan and the States are both A, they'll have no problem playing on PS3/4s, regular BD players, etc, no? It's the DVD boxset that you'd need VLC Player/or whatever else since it's Region 2 to Region 1...

I wonder if any booklet(s) will be lots of copy/paste information from the Renewal (Platinum) booklets, at least for any episode commentaries? And the DVD set comes with Eva Tomo no Kai, I thought?

Eagerly awaiting people's delicious pics! :drool:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah, the BDs will work on US players. The DVDs, on the other hand, need a different region/region free player.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:44 pm

What's the screencap meant to convey? Somebody get their copies early??

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:The DVDs, on the other hand, need a different region/region free player.

That's why the program VLC for computers is a miracle worker. ^_^ Just put a DVD in, and it plays no problems (does for my Renewal Feature Films DVDs).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Blue Three
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Three » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:54 pm

It's pretty normal in Japan for media to be in stores the day before. We should be getting a whole bunch of screenshots in the next few hours.

Speaking of... I hate to be that guy, but it looks as if the Blu-ray's picture is cropped.

Image Image

Saw this on 2ch (and googled the left one) so no guarantees for accuracy.
Last edited by Blue Three on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:54 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:What's the screencap meant to convey? Somebody get their copies early??

If they did, they should know to use png instead of jpeg, because jpegs are really lossy and compressed, and not representative of the BD's quality.
Last edited by Adaminator1 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I finally put something here!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:22 pm

View Original PostBlue Three wrote:Speaking of... I hate to be that guy, but it looks as if the Blu-ray's picture is cropped.

The pic on the left is from the cel collection. The DVDs have same cropping as the supposed BD pic.

EDIT: meanwhile, on twitter

Keep in mind these are not just jpeg screencaps but twitter always recompresses stuff on it's own, even with the :orig suffix

EoE:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNu4rHU8AAydUV.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNN5e9jVAAA7mRX.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNvlIcUwAAWOZ7.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNwHjJUkAAf3pV.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNwWqSUYAADlN2.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNxBNdUsAAvZZE.jpg:orig

TV Comparison between:

Shitty old SD DVD: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNt0lpUEAE3Oxd.jpg:orig
Shiney new HD BD: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNNtzzTUAAAhuHp.jpg:orig

At the very least these are good enough to say that it's not fucked in any significant way. Eagerly awaiting my own discs.
Last edited by TMBounty_Hunter on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”