[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:22 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Great, if it all works out according to the perfect scenario, Asuka will emerge from FINAL with Yoko's...er..."dimensions". :D

Mari too.
SPOILER: Show
And Shinji

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Are there still countries in the world? How many people were left after 3I? Apparently humanity has almost become instinct after 4I but they don't seem to say a lot about what happened after 3I, except that things are pretty much fucked up.

I would imagine that if humanity survived Second Impact, it could survive Rebuild's Third Impact.

2nd Impact was in Antarctica, thus the Northern Hemisphere should've fared better than the Southern Hemisphere.

3rd Impact was in Japan, so presumably the areas bordering the Atlantic Ocean would be least impacted.

If you add them up, the areas that NATO covers (US, Canada, Western Europe) would be where the two Impacts would have the least cumulative effect. Of course inland areas would fare better than the coastlines, even in NATO-land.

Last edited by svenge on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Logic is overrated.

If Rei is still in Unit 1's core which is powering the magic technicolor spaceship, I have a theory. Yui and Rei will merge, and there will be a markedly less depressing version of Yui leaving earth from EoE. In that she will be alive, not frozen in an unmoving tomb for the rest of forever.

This will confuse Shinji, as it means he basically snuggled with his mom when she was naked. Spiritually.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:This will confuse Shinji, as it means he basically snuggled with his mom when she was naked. Spiritually.
At the start of Q, he's spent half his existence as wincest soup, so that bridge was crossed long ago.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 pm

I also was wondering about the financing, since Misato now seems to have massive funding equal to something NERV has, and in NGE it surpassed the budget of some countries.

There's still one thing I don't understand though: Why the hell would Kaworu want to wear Shinji's explosive collar? And why didn't NERV remove it themselves?

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 pm

I wonder, what's 28-year-old Asuka like? Is she the same as she was at the start of 2.0, is she snarky or is she bloodthirsty?

dhazard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dhazard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I also was wondering about the financing, since Misato now seems to have massive funding equal to something NERV has, and in NGE it surpassed the budget of some countries.

There's still one thing I don't understand though: Why the hell would Kaworu want to wear Shinji's explosive collar? And why didn't NERV remove it themselves?
the same set of countries that finances IPEA? Mari is with them after all.
Okaeri, Ikari Shinji-kun, mateita

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:At the start of Q, he's spent half his existence as wincest soup, so that bridge was crossed long ago.

The circle is not complete until I get five minutes of non stop Spike Spencer screaming.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 pm

"Asuka comes into the room, which seems to have completely changed. Asuka quite happy to see Shinji. It breaks down very quickly and demonstrates superhuman strength, almost smashing armored glass fist. Asuka looks somewhat vexed by his emotional outburst and said he was going to hold back, but could not at the sight of Shinji. The question of why it has not changed in 14 years, Asuka says that it is a curse of Eve".

a summary said this....but i thought we were told that EVERYONE hated him. it seems like Asuka still likes him just fine

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:S "K stop contemplating. Help me out."
渚薰“不對,如果是這樣,那麼是,不對如果是那樣,那麼是,不
對、、、、、、、”
K "No. If that's the case, no . . ."
然後主角不指望他了,自己單P【改2號機】
Our guy ignored him and fought Refitted U02 alone.[/spoiler]

"kaworu plz"
"no"

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:"kaworu plz"
"no"

Kaworu is (not) your personal army.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

diS3
Embryo

diS3

•      
  •      

Postby diS3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:51 pm

View Original PostUBERGEEKZILLA wrote:"Asuka comes into the room, which seems to have completely changed. Asuka quite happy to see Shinji. It breaks down very quickly and demonstrates superhuman strength, almost smashing armored glass fist. Asuka looks somewhat vexed by his emotional outburst and said he was going to hold back, but could not at the sight of Shinji. The question of why it has not changed in 14 years, Asuka says that it is a curse of Eve".

a summary said this....but i thought we were told that EVERYONE hated him. it seems like Asuka still likes him just fine

it's translate from russian and translated wrong =(

"Аска совершенно не рада видеть Синдзи. Она очень быстро срывается и демонстрирует нечеловеческую силу, практически разбивая бронированное стекло ударом кулака. Аска выглядит несколько раздосадованной своим эмоциональным всплеском и говорит, что собиралась сдержаться, но не смогла при виде Синдзи."

Asuka COMPLETELY NOT HAPPY to see Shinji. It breaks down very quickly and demonstrates superhuman strength, almost smashing armored glass fist. Asuka looks somewhat vexed by HER emotional outburst and said he was going to hold back, but could not at the sight of Shinji.

quimerinha
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby quimerinha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Okay, so i just (think, maybe something missed) read all the 44 f*cking pages of this thread and created an account to ask one thing:
Have someone already subbed the 6 min. teaser? I mean, we have almost all the film here, but i really do want to see these six minutes with subtitles. :smirk:

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Some people from other forums I frequent have joked that the final movie's english title should be "You Can (Not) Believe". I personally think the title would be quite fitting as the whole theme with Evangelion is about perseverance despite facing overwhelming odds and setbacks. You have you believe in yourself man! :)

diS3
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby diS3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 pm

View Original Postquimerinha wrote:Okay, so i just (think, maybe something missed) read all the 44 f*cking pages of this thread and created an account to ask one thing:
Have someone already subbed the 6 min. teaser? I mean, we have almost all the film here, but i really do want to see these six minutes with subtitles. :smirk:

http://utw.me/2012/11/17/evangelion-3-0-you-can-not-redo-preview/

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: diS3

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 pm

View Original PostdiS3 wrote:it's translate from russian and translated wrong =(
All those pronouns, any one of which changed would flip the entire meaning!

View Original Postquimerinha wrote:Have someone already subbed the 6 min. teaser?
Yes, video quality not so great, but it's to be found in the usual places for anime fansubs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

quimerinha
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby quimerinha » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Also, i was wondering about Pen-Pen, he is not an normal penguin with the 20-30 life expectancy, it is an "warm-water penguin", does't this affect his life expectancy so he can survive the 14 years
But in the background, Anno removed him from the filme because he just couldn't find some place for him, like, he doesn't fit with the atmosphere of the movie?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

HEY DORKS, THERE'S A THREAD FOR THE 4.0 SHIT.

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13402/ ... view-Text/

quimerinha: There's a thread about the teaser in the main Rebuild subforum. Pointers on subtitles in there, I think.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

balofo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby balofo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm sad we got very few new weapons for the EVAs:

02: optional left arm hand canon(don't know what it fires), twin spear?(can be used separately)
08: Magnum handgun(took out Eva 09 head in one hit), Positron? rifle(short and long barrel version)
09: Scythe(only in headless configuration?)
13: Anything else besides the Spears?
01: Still has God Mode eye beams

Hopefully they retain their Prog Knives, or else they are going to suck in SRW

Interested in the AAA Wunder weapons though.
LOL

Choo1701
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Choo1701 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:One thing that's been bothering me -- after 3I, who's been bankrolling Misato so she can set up WILLE? SEELE seemed to have hold of the global purse strings as before -- so where did she get the CapEx to put all the materiel together that she has in the series? The Trilateral Commission? The Justified Ancients of Mu-Mu? The Scotch Rite Masons?

You know, I was wondering that too, and then I suddenly realised how they got all that money. Kickstarter!!! :lol:
And what is that? - Username
Sequels. - Hyper Shinchan

--- Welcome to the bottom of this post. We really hope you enjoyed your stay ---

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”