[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:What is the 12th Angel, anyway? The 11th is Funniel (the space Angel and its robot missile mini Angels) but the 12th hasn't been mentioned at all, outside of tgat it was destroyed, nor has it been seen in any images.

It attacks the fleet sometime after Shinji shows up. There were these bars or something, equally spaced eyes (from the trailer) that go up the length of the bars.

About the giant Rei head, I read somewhere on this forum that part of Lilith's condition is that she's lost her head (literally) as well as rotting. So the giant Rei head may be Lilith's head in GNR mode. If you look at the closeups of her from 2.0 you can she has red eyes,like Rei. Of course, since the Rei=Lilith thing hasn't been fully established yet it could be something different.

I assume it was Lilith's head, when Lilith exploded, the head also exploded at the same time.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 pm

View Original Postdhazard wrote:Couple of thoughts: two teams against each other reminds me of rahxephon; also the non aged pilots vs kamina ayato being young bc time flows different in tokyo jupiter (isolation as in eva 01 for Shinji) and the uniforms' design reminded me also of this particular anime. Just had to put it out there to see if someone agrees and found other similarities

Eva rips off Eva ripoff! :lol:

No, not serious. There's a lot more to both RahXephon and Q than that. It's just funny, that's all.
Last edited by Bagheera on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 pm

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:I know it's probably too late since it already seems to have stuck, but could we please try not to separate the E? "Wille" (will) is a perfectly normal German word, fits the usual organization naming pattern, and I doubt they meant to go for WALL-E comparisons. ^^;
The scans also showed "Wille's People".

Really? Thank God. Looks like the 2ch poster who first came up with WILL-E just didn't know what he was writing :lol:

I'm okay with WILLE but the WALL-E thing was pissing me off, yeah

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks for the update Ornette. I guess this confirms that Rei=Lillith in Rebuild, although we don't know how Black!Rei fits in, as she's "soulless".
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 pm

For one thing, I'm pissed everyone hates Shinji for 3I. If you think about it, it wasn't really his fault. But whatever I'm sure that will come about later.

My question is, can we get a death chart? As in, is who all is dead?

Also, with Kaworu not being an angel (Unless I'm missing something) he's probably a clone, anyone thing Nerv/Seele is going to bring them back in 4.0? There's a rumor going around Mark 06 was in 4.0's preview.

And finally, am I the only one HOPING this is all somehow Shinji going through instrumentality in 2.0, and 4.0 he wakes up in the hospital with everything back to normal? I'm open to change... but this doesn't feel like Eva. This feels... different.

EDIT: I think the reason I'm getting the different feel is for one, everyone legitimately hating Shinji. That never seemed to happen in the original. And two, the fact it's embracing the post apocalyptic theme. NGE never did that, and from the sounds/looks of this, it seems like everything's a wreck and it's just awful.

Also, is it 14 months? 14 years? 4 years? What's the timeskip?
Last edited by ScottAsher on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I wouldn't trust it so quickly, I found the grammar difficult to understand and some of the statements may just be the author's opinion.

Its like trying to read bad fan fiction thats been google translated to russian and back to english again.

Most confusing is the authors inability to cope with personal pronouns. Not great when always using 'he' when describing an exchange between Shinji and Asuka for example.

The basic gist is there and confirmed by the likes of Ornette and Lili but the finer points might be a bit out of whack.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:39 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:
My question is, can we get a death chart? As in, is who all is dead?

Implied: Toji
Possible: Kaji, Kensuke, Hikari, Pen Pen
Deaths during course of 3.0: Kaworu
Uncertain: Rei from 2.0.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:With Unit 02 all I can say is....it seems like its the Red Eva that can't die despite going through so much shit....

Eva-02 self-destructs to take out Mark-09. (From the sound of the Russian review, both 02 and 05 are in shambles by the end of the film.)

I chatted with Ornette a little in IRC. Going to paste what we talked about, even if some of it is slight overlap with what's already been put up:

• Eva-13 is a totally unique Eva -- gattai theory disproven. As Ornette noted earlier, the Mark-06 is down in Dogma with Lilith. Following her retrieval from space, Eva-01 is apparently on board the Wunder providing power. He notes that "the battleship didn't float until they got Shinji back".
  • The 11th Angel surrounds the Wille fleet right after Eva-01 is brought back. It's the vulval eye-looking thing from the trailer. The battle is over pretty quick.
  • Reason for the headless Mark-09 in those pics? Mari blows the Eva's head off and it still works fine. (This is the first time it shows up, to retrieve Shinji, I believe.)
  • "Nerv is a total wreck, like everything's fucked up, there's shit everywhere, Gendo's office is exposed and has walls missing"
  • At the Third Impact site, "there's like these red Evas everywhere, looks almost as if they're made from core material. You can see armor, they're like stone statues, except not made of stone, but this red stuff."
  • The giant Rei head is Lilith's. During the 4th Impact sequence, when Kaworu pulled the Spear out, Lilith morphed into something embryonic looking and burst into blood. The giant head followed suit, all over Gendo.
  • "Kaworu's head exploding was pretty violent".

View Original PostXard wrote:Really? Thank God. Looks like the 2ch poster who first came up with WILL-E just didn't know what he was writing :lol:

In the theatrical booklet, the caption for "Wille's People" does look like it could be "Will-e". Maybe someone with a copy could check and confirm.

In the actual film, I'd imagine the name would be plastered all over.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Pen Pen

NO IT CAN'T BE

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

3.0 pretty much confirmed for being grim as fuck - despite SENCHO KATSURAGI stuff - at this point. Whole Kaworu thing is even worse/more traumatizing than in tv series. Damnit Anno.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:NO IT CAN'T BE
The timeskip would have done for him.

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/penguin/longevity.htm wrote:The average lifespan of penguins is probably 15 to 20 years.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Relvetica
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Relvetica » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Question: Does Shinji KNOW he's wearing a bomb collar? It seems he does, if he's referring to it when he says he can't pilot, but then why in God's name would he let anyone else put it on? And why would he act so shocked when it goes off?
I assure you, the snakes are very real.

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The timeskip would have done for him.

Well shit, that sucks.

Also, with my grandmother actually being a fan of Evangelion, I'm almost scared to show this to her when it comes out. I don't even know how she'll react.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: 
[*]The giant Rei head is Lilith's. During the 4th Impact sequence, when Kaworu pulled the Spear out, Lilith morphed into something embryonic looking and burst into blood. The giant head followed suit, all over Gendo

So Rei=Lilith. But does that only cover Schoolgirl Rei or Black!Rei and Schoolgirl Rei? Black!Rei has no soul, or a different soul, so she may not be Lillith. Is Kaworu confirmed as the 13th Angel? Because the only Angel fights in 3.0 were over pretty quickly, and I was hoping we might get a more interesting fight, or possibly a redone Angel from the TV series, in 4.0. At least we have the fight against the new Eva Series to look forward to.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:52 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Also, with Kaworu not being an angel (Unless I'm missing something)

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote: Is Kaworu confirmed as the 13th Angel?.

Lili said that
View Original PostLiLi wrote:Kaworu apparently didn't realize he was the 13th Angel until it was too late.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Eva-13 is a totally unique Eva -- gattai theory disproven. As Ornette noted earlier, the Mark-06 is down in Dogma with Lilith. Following her retrieval from space, Eva-01 is apparently on board the Wunder providing power. He notes that "the battleship didn't float until they got Shinji back".

But...is there parts of the dismembered Unit 3?

Choo1701
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Choo1701 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:54 pm

*OFF TOPIC*

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Warships are to Anno what aeroplanes are to Miyazaki. And besides, they've known since the 1940s that you need airborne naval units to deal with flying kaiju.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*stands up and applaudes* Flamio my firend, Flamio. XD

**We know return you to your scheduled programming. Without flying battleships *whisper whisper* Wait, WHAT?**
Last edited by Choo1701 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And what is that? - Username
Sequels. - Hyper Shinchan

--- Welcome to the bottom of this post. We really hope you enjoyed your stay ---

ScottAsher
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Well, that ruins any chances of a KaworuxShinji end.

I'm still hoping for some miraculous KaworuxShinji end or at least AsukaxShinji.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:I'm still hoping for some miraculous KaworuxShinji end or at least AsukaxShinji.

That's a bizarre alternative; Kaworu said "we can meet again", always according to Lili, I'm counting on my personal Jesus.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:57 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The timeskip would have done for him.

Nope. That's how long they live in the wild, but they can live up to three times as long in captivity.

Y'know, like humans.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”