Misato the slut?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:28 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Well, we are talking about a slut...

Talk about yourself and your own loose definition of that word.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:45 pm

View Original Postkonfunoodle wrote:in Rebuild 1.0
And in episode 4 where he seems perplexed by the courtship rituals he is witnessing.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

sephirotic
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby sephirotic » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Talk about sexism in this topic... geez.
-----------------------------------------------------
Re-watching Eva since 1999
-----------------------------------------------------

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:12 pm

View Original Postsephirotic wrote:Talk about sexism in this topic... geez.
It does seem like people are using the 4chan definition of slut here (a woman who has had sex with someone other than the person posting).

From what we learn of Misato's life there's a lot of talk, but no real evidence that she has tried to bed anyone beside Shinji after splitting up with Kaji, and a strong implication that he was her first.

There are more manwhores (Gendou, and by the role he plays, Kaji) than there are sluts.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

tedness
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tedness » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:33 am

If anything Misato is just a tease

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 am

View Original Postkonfunoodle wrote:Even if she did sleep with Hyuga, this does not make her a slut, she is an adult and having a relationship with more than one person(not at the same time) doesn't mean jack.

If you really know what a slut is, you would know that Misato does not fall in the catagory.

Misato is a shameless fornicator who can't control his selfish desires. Her relationship with Kaji has never been shown as something above a sex instinct, nor had Kaji the interest to renew the relationship. He only wanted her for the mission of sabotaging SEELE.

IkariRei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IkariRei » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 am

Misato may have started to sleep with Kaji to prove herself somehow or whatever she was thinking at that time but she developed feeling after a while. I think she was only ashamed of the fact she started the relationship in a "slutty" way not of her whole relationship with him.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:42 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Misato is a shameless fornicator who can't control his selfish desires. Her relationship with Kaji has never been shown as something above a sex instinct, nor had Kaji the interest to renew the relationship. He only wanted her for the mission of sabotaging SEELE.

Either you completely missed like...half of the show, or you just confirmed my suspicions of being a troll.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Either you completely missed like...half of the show, or you just confirmed my suspicions of being a troll.

How is Misato's and Kaji's relationship anything more than something that Kaji initiated out of necessity? I don't mean like Gendo with Ryoko, but, being fully aware that it was a matter of time till he's killed, he needed someone to preserve the information he gathered (the capsule with the chip he gave to Misato after sex). He didn't hate her, but it wasn't rekindling of love just for the sake of love.

Eudon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eudon » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:How is Misato's and Kaji's relationship anything more than something that Kaji initiated out of necessity? I don't mean like Gendo with Ryoko, but, being fully aware that it was a matter of time till he's killed, he needed someone to preserve the information he gathered (the capsule with the chip he gave to Misato after sex). He didn't hate her, but it wasn't rekindling of love just for the sake of love.

I don't agree. I believe Kaji is much more attached to Misato than he looks like. "protect Misato as i'm unable to do so" (or sumthing like that) is what Kaji tells Shinji in RoE 2.0, therefore it is cleare that his affection to her goes beyond a sex relationship.

And you can see that also in the tv series.
SPOILER: Show
I mean, why would he call Misato in ep. 21 as the very last thing he does considering he knew he'd prolly be killed trying to rescue Fuyutsuki if he didn't care of her at all?

And considering Misato's reaction when he comes to know that, it is CLEAR that Kaji meant a lot to her.

No, I absolutely do not think Misato. She is just a woman who wears the mask of a euphoric person to disguise her soul wounds.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:13 pm

I never said that they hate each other, only that their love has a bad foundation, which, as it is seen, brought again misery to Misato.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:50 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:their love has a bad foundation
Which is par for the course with all the fucked up relationships between fucked up people that is what the show is about.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:05 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Which is par for the course with all the fucked up relationships between fucked up people that is what the show is about.

But Anno never gives a solution to those relationships. It's either accepting them or joining the Stay Puft Marshmallow Woman.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 am

Or you know, reaching out to understand other people, because you believe the feelings at that time were real. :P
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:45 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Or you know, reaching out to understand other people, because you believe the feelings at that time were real. :P

Shinji tried that and received a kick in the shins every time.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, not every time, but enough times that it was understandably discouraging. But at the end of the day, he still decides that the pain and the risks are worth the slivers of reward he had already received, and the hope of being with others is better than nothing.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:07 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Well, not every time, but enough times that it was understandably discouraging. But at the end of the day, he still decides that the pain and the risks are worth the slivers of reward he had already received, and the hope of being with others is better than nothing.

So when Asuka regains her vigor at the beach, it'll be "baka Shinji" all over again, huh? What a cunt that Yui.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Not necessarily. Besides, there's going to be other people besides Asuka no matter which way you look at it, and Yui isn't responsible for the actions of other people or Shinji's choice to return to a world with people.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Topic, bitches.

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dark doom » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:19 am

One question.

If Misato can only feel that she can affiliate with poeple via sex, then why the said method?

There's plenty of more common method's around than to pleasurise youself via sex.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”