Misato the slut?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue May 11, 2010 2:37 pm

I think it's more than obvious that Misato has been (unsuccessfully) trying to fight her feelings from the moment she first sees Kaji again. I'm in full agreement with Carla on this.

As to the topic, Misato may present herself in a sluttish manner but theres no indication she has followed through on this, thus making her not a slut at all... she's more accurately labeled a tease.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Itorbeh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Itorbeh » Thu May 13, 2010 12:03 pm

My simplest impressions of Misato for interpretations sense is this:

Her impressions of Kaji being like her father are also the same reasons why she was fighting to keep her distance from him, she's attracted to him for the same reason she dislikes him and the reason for that is she still has those left over emotions from her father as well.

There were two major personal problems for Misato and her father, the first is she felt he didn't love her as much as his work and the second is he saved her life over his own, those mixed feelings probably still linger enough that the closer she gets to it the more both sides of that coin come into view for her.

The other thing most notable about my impressions of her is that I feel she simply isn't sexually innocent, that is all. Not to say that she is a slut more than to say she is more comfortable with communicating on a physical level her feelings than with words.

Why would I say this? Misato's promiscuous nature was very focused, to admit the two males she cared most about in her life were Kaji and Shinji is to realize that with both of these males she tried to express her feelings intimately and physically.

For different reasons as well I believe, Kaji as a type of self indulgence and Shinji as an attempt to both open him up and also to share with him a way of expression Misato found helped her (also in dealing with parent issues perhaps? or just as an important way to communicate or express feelings?).

~Itorbeh
The only secrets worth sharing, are the ones we keep from ourselves. ~Itorbeh

TheSophist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheSophist » Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 am

I think shes just a lady in her prime and as such likes having sex end of. I think a lot of her "BEING A SLUT" comes from her spending a week with her new boyfriend having sex back in the past as described by ritsuko. but I think its reasonable if it was a new thing for them, being with her new man and they were really enjoying it.

konfunoodle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby konfunoodle » Tue May 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Lets get this cleared and locked away.
A slutty woman= a woman going around sleeping with multiple men.
Misato had been with 1 person the entire series and didn't sleep around with co-workers, friends or strangers.
Misato having sex multiple times with her boyfriend makes her a "dirty girl" and theirs nothing wrong with that.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 am

View Original Postkonfunoodle wrote:Lets get this cleared and locked away.
A slutty woman= a woman going around sleeping with multiple men.
Misato had been with 1 person the entire series and didn't sleep around with co-workers, friends or strangers.
Misato having sex multiple times with her boyfriend makes her a "dirty girl" and theirs nothing wrong with that.

It does not even make her a dirty girl. Sex is a natural need and it gets moar need-ish, especially if you are around someone you really care about and love. So, Misato chica bow a lot with Kaji, was natural. /we would talk about dirty-ing it up, if we had evidences they used sex stuff gadgets and we are not sure about it, lol.

But yeah, tl;dr Misato is nowhere near a slut. Like, nowhere.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm

I know sluts. Misato is not a slut.

/thread
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:I know sluts.
Pics? Introduce me?
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

IkariRei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IkariRei » Thu May 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Didn't Misato sleep with Hyuuga and dumped him?

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu May 27, 2010 1:05 pm

No. Hyuuga is totally crushing on Misato, but she never returned it. If Misato was really a slut, she'd probably of jumped his bones like ten zillion times before episode one.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

IkariRei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IkariRei » Thu May 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I don't know where i picked that up from but i've been thinking for years that Misato had an affair with Hyuuga after she broke up with Kaji to console herself and then dumped him.
At least when they were standing in front of the bandaged Eva 01 which had gone berserk the previous episode and Hyuuga said it's unpredictable just like Misato (and apologized a moment after) i though he was referring to personal matters between them.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu May 27, 2010 2:04 pm

View Original PostIkariRei wrote:I don't know where i picked that up from but i've been thinking for years that Misato had an affair with Hyuuga after she broke up with Kaji to console herself and then dumped him.
At least when they were standing in front of the bandaged Eva 01 which had gone berserk the previous episode and Hyuuga said it's unpredictable just like Misato (and apologized a moment after) i though he was referring to personal matters between them.

No, cause only Kaji knew that Misato smoked. And Misato only smoked after sexorz.
So, negative.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 27, 2010 2:06 pm

View Original PostIkariRei wrote:I don't know where i picked that up from but i've been thinking for years that Misato had an affair with Hyuuga after she broke up with Kaji to console herself and then dumped him.

Incidentally, in Hyuga's NGE2 (PSP) scenario, the two of them actually do sleep together... but Hyuga's the one who dumps her. :lol:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

IkariRei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IkariRei » Fri May 28, 2010 5:15 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:.. but Hyuga's the one who dumps her. :lol:

Aww how could that do this. Hyuuga is such a nice guy :P the type you wanna take home. He hacks stuff, hijacks vehicles and picks up Misato's laundry :rei_hissyfit:

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Fri May 28, 2010 1:21 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Incidentally, in Hyuga's NGE2 (PSP) scenario, the two of them actually do sleep together... but Hyuga's the one who dumps her. :lol:

THAT'S IT NGE2 IS COMPLETELY NON-FUCKING-CANON AND SHOULDN'T BE LISTENED TO FOR ANYTHING
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri May 28, 2010 1:50 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:THAT'S IT NGE2 IS COMPLETELY NON-FUCKING-CANON AND SHOULDN'T BE LISTENED TO FOR ANYTHING

If you hadn;t capslocked, i would prolly take it for canon material.

Yeah.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Incidentally, in Hyuga's NGE2 (PSP) scenario, the two of them actually do sleep together... but Hyuga's the one who dumps her. :lol:

Wait, does this HAVE to happen? Or is it just something you CAN do?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Wait, does this HAVE to happen??

Well, we are talking about a slut...

konfunoodle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby konfunoodle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 am

View Original PostAllemann wrote:Well, we are talking about a slut...

No we are not. Even if she did sleep with Hyuga, this does not make her a slut, she is an adult and having a relationship with more than one person(not at the same time) doesn't mean jack. Jesus, if she was a slut she would have to explain to Shinji why every night a different staff member of NERV HQ was staying at their appartment.
In EoE Shinji views Misato and Kaji getting lucky and Misato says something like, this is the part of me I don't want Shinji to see. If she was truely a slut, she wouldnt want to have Shinji see her in the center of a bukkake gang bang.
If you really know what a slut is, you would know that Misato does not fall in the catagory.
/thread

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 am

Not that I think she's promiscuous, but I wonder whether there are love hotels in Tokyo-3 for that sort of thing.

konfunoodle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby konfunoodle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Not that I think she's promiscuous, but I wonder whether there are love hotels in Tokyo-3 for that sort of thing.

We do see Shinji walking around in the red light district(or just a part of town for grown ups) in Rebuild 1.0, so most likely.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”