[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:If the art quality is done as good as SIRP I don't mind it AT ALL.

Except the art isn't consistently good. The female characters resemble cookie-cutter anime templates (For example, Kyoko and the blonde bridge bunny are barely distinguishable), and there's several instances where the adult male characters look hideously deformed.
Last edited by chee on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:Except the art isn't consistently good. The female characters resemble cookie-cutter anime templates, and there's several instances where the adult male characters look hideously deformed.

Examples please.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 pm

When I feel like it, sure.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Well, I hope it will not turn into psychological issues or conspiracy to turn expectation upside down. For a harem manga (actually I think it is more a triangle manga than a harem manga but anyway), the biggest switch up is the end of harem/triangle and I surely hope it will be a LAS end.. :heart:

Too many LAS ending so far, it's time for LRS endings :rei_blush:.

View Original PostStryker wrote:Not going to be the reason for me to not read it. The reason is that I don't know where to get it on webz.

Amazon.com?

Regarding the art, personally I've only noticed that they've improved considerably over time, especially those terrible ears of the first issues (but luckily they weren't a problem for Rei).
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Too many LAS ending so far, it's time for LRS endings

You can call me extremely biased, but I am a diehard LAS shipper :wink: :asuka_happy:

BTW. actually I may have forgotten: Was Seele ever featured in the manga?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:You can call me extremely biased, but I am a diehard LAS shipper :wink: :asuka_happy:

Somehow I've already noticed it, you know.
View Original Postsymbv wrote:BTW. actually I may have forgotten: Was Seele ever featured in the manga?

Yeah, for example at the beginning of the 2nd volume, on the very first page in my Italian release (one of those colour pages that have been horribly mutilated by Panini, RAGE!), they're talking to Ritsuko and Kaworu (again, what happened to Kaworu? Damned Takahashi, you're TOO straight).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:10 am

LAS? LRS? Who's the L? I know AS/RS is Asuka/Rei/Shinji, but who the heck is the L? :???:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 am

L stands for "Love" and it's just another way to write AxS, A/S, RxS, R/S etc...

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:LAS? LRS? Who's the L? I know AS/RS is Asuka/Rei/Shinji, but who the heck is the L? :???:

You should have asked this question to SSD ages ago, considering her custom title ("LAS Fangirl"), teh "L" stands for "Love love", unless I'm terribly wrong.
EDIT: BiQ has been faster, anyway there are also other naming conventions like the usage of the first syllables, it's common between Japanese fans (e.g.: カヲシン).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Ah. Well I don't mind that as long as its handled better then it was in Happy Days. :tongue: I will once again however bring up my wish for them to do more with Mana. And also my hoeps for a Gendo/Naoko/Yui triangle similar to our favorite S/A/R triangle. :gendo_kimura:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:30 am

Is there any word on how long this will be? I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but it seems to be going in circles. If there was some sort of resolution on the horizon that'd be awfully nice.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Anybody been able to pick up Volume 9 yet? I think it was supposed to be out on like the 12th or so wasn't it? If so, then would you mind telling me what goes on in it, in spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't mind being spoilered?

Thanks in advance. :asuka_happy:

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Too many LKS delusions so far, it's time for LASR endings :rei_blush:.

Fixed for accuracy.
I do like this one though, the animation is good and the story line while light and entertaining, manages to incorporate themes from the actual anime. The big winning point for me is that its a raising project, Shinji gets to grow and mature instead of being constantly crushed. Its refreshing to see him in slightly normal situations.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:25 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:LAS? LRS? Who's the L? I know AS/RS is Asuka/Rei/Shinji, but who the heck is the L? :???:

To add to the explanation provided by BiQ and SuperShinchan, just want to say that LAS and LRS are the standard conventions used by Japanese fans to denote Shinji x Asuka and Shinji x Rei shipping.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:36 am

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Anybody been able to pick up Volume 9 yet? I think it was supposed to be out on like the 12th or so wasn't it?

Dark Horse Manga was supposed to release it around August 10th, but it hasn't shown up on any of the order lists at my local stores, if it's the same in the States it might have been delayed like Volume 06 was last year.

Also, DHM has recently announced it has acquired Volume 10 and has slated it for release by the not-so-far-away January 11th 2012.
Voluntary Illusion.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:41 am

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:Fixed for accuracy.

I hate to admit it but unfortunately you're more or less correct, sigh... Anyway we'll keep [s]having delusions[/s] dreaming, for the sake of Shinji's true happiness!

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote: If so, then would you mind telling me what goes on in it, in spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't mind being spoilered?

Sorry for the slight delay but I've been busy with damned RL in the last few days, and I had to re-read the volume since it's been released more than one year ago (obviously my memory sucks, as you may remember); I've only synthesised the main themes of each chapters, without going down to the details regarding the ecchi situations:
SPOILER: Show
in the first chapter we have some water dodgeball in the school's pool (Kaworu appears for some lines, wooow); the next chapter is about a part for the return of Gendo and the arrival of Naoko Akagi; then we have Asuka and Shinji eating dinner together, Asuka discovers that she's gaining weight because of Shinji's cooking and obviously she doesn't have a good reaction to that (Asuka in this and in the precedent chapters had several delusions about her wedding with Shinji, and about Rei stealing her "hubby"); at this point we have the nonsensical battle against the bugs inside the main computer system: Shinji, Rei and Asuka are projected inside a VR world to eliminate the bugs of the system, all because Naoko was bored and she didn't know how to kill time; in the last chapter Rei and Asuka prepares bento for Shinji, Kensuke falls in love with Mana but just for a moment (Mana likes guns like him but she doesn't care at all about him, poor Kensuke is always depressed in this manga since basically he's always left out alone); in the first extra stage Gendo wins one day to a beach station, while the second one is about a forced visit to the public baths.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:10 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I hate to admit it but unfortunately you're more or less correct, sigh... Anyway we'll keep [s]having delusions[/s] dreaming, for the sake of Shinji's true happiness!

You won't get that via shipping, no matter the flavor. Shinji will only find true happiness when he learns to acknowledge his own inherent self-worth and takes steps to take command of his life and start doing things that make him feel good about himself. IOW therapy, and lots of it. Less of an issue in ISRP, of course, but even there he's stuck with Yui ad Gendo for parents. That's, what, one parent between them? At best? Poor kid, he's screwed even in the slice of life iteration of NGE. Guess that's why the game needs a player to give the guy a chance! :lol:

As for the latest volume: step and repeat. I hope it develops something resembling a plot in the near future.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:33 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Shinji will only find true happiness when he learns to acknowledge his own inherent self-worth and takes steps to take command of his life and start doing things that make him feel good about himself.

Shinji did it at the end of NME yet someone found it criticisable; in the end I'm curious about the happiness Kaworu is talking about, I'm looking forward to it (is it the world of Instrumentality? Manga's Kaworu hinted that Shinji could be happy in that world. Or is it something else? I would prefer the later).

View Original PostBagheera wrote:As for the latest volume: step and repeat. I hope it develops something resembling a plot in the near future.

Probably it'll happen only towards the end, it looks like they're extending the manga using this trusted and proved formula (which apparently required the removal of the homolust, too bad).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:48 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Shinji did it at the end of NME yet someone found it criticisable;

He was happy he rescued Rei, that doesn't mean he solved all his problems.

Probably it'll happen only towards the end, it looks like they're extending the manga using this trusted and proved formula (which apparently required the removal of the homolust, too bad).

Not really. Kaworu's an ass and a spy in ISRP, so ignoring him is a damn fine idea.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:59 pm

I hope ISRP ends sometime in the near future. Don’t get me wrong I think ISRP is okay I just think It would be sad if ISRP ends up being longer than Sadamoto’s manga (at the rate things are going it looks ike that might happen.) And on an other note even though it pains me to say this the R/S shippers out there do need a R/S ending. We A/S shippers got angelic days, re-take (loved that little gem that you eva geeks for informing me about it) epilogue of evangelion and some other things I can’t remember at this time. Don’t get me wrong I love the A/S paring but it seems like we get all the good endings and the R/S shippers get nothing (to my knowledge)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”