[Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: [Manga] Shinji Ikari Raising Project

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:55 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Here are the last couple pages if anyone's curious:

In light of your description I thought there would be faceplants into boobs. I find the lack of such disappointing.
Last edited by Bagheera on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Another thing.... Was that just another gratituously fanservicey bath scene/ a friend hug or are we to understand that Kaede and Maya are an Item?
Makes sense that they're buds tho.
(though since you can set up Shinji & kaede in the games she pobably isn't a straight up lesbian either)

It's prolly just my head in the gutter from reading too much of this manga, but would be nice to have a love interest for Maya who isactually attainable/ not canonicaly hetero.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 pm

After looking through it again for so long I see why people call it Love Eva or Love Shinji. Its basically Love Hina with Evangelion themes... Which is a shame, because as others have stated the artwork is great. Its also nice to see an evangelion story that's not depressing or mind fucking. I just wish it would get to the bloody point! Granted I've only personally collected up to volume nine, but its 3/4 madcap harem silliness and only a dash of plot. I mean RE-Take is better in art quality and storytelling and it was a f***ing FAN PROJECT! So far IMO the best official Eva spin off still sits as Campus Apocalypse. Good art, interesting changes to setting and mythos, the characters were likeable and it concluded in just FOUR volumes not 18. If I had to compare it to something, it'd probably be lunch meat or snack food like popcorn chicken. Good in intervals and to hold you over till something better, but not cutting it as an actual full course meal. (:|
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

I just completed Omnibus Volume 1 and I'm rather liking the story. I agree with the others who enjoy it for being different from the usual depressing Eva stories. Sure, it's more like Love Hina or FMP? Fumoffu but there's nothing wrong with a little comedy in the Eva universe. :)

Already ordered Omnibus Volume 2 and will start that soon. I've gotten them all on Amazon for $18 or less so I can't say it's a bad price for the size of them.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:I just completed Omnibus Volume 1 and I'm rather liking the story. I agree with the others who enjoy it for being different from the usual depressing Eva stories. Sure, it's more like Love Hina or FMP? Fumoffu but there's nothing wrong with a little comedy in the Eva universe. :)

Already ordered Omnibus Volume 2 and will start that soon. I've gotten them all on Amazon for $18 or less so I can't say it's a bad price for the size of them.

Got myself all five omnibus volumes and finished them yesterday, its only going to get better. Except for two or three chapters that are just no
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:38 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Got myself all five omnibus volumes and finished them yesterday, its only going to get better. Except for two or three chapters that are just no

Why exactly are they considered "no"? Is Shinji too clumsy or something?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Why exactly are they considered "no"? Is Shinji too clumsy or something?

If I remember correctly, I was talking about the ones where Yui and Kyoko are groping Rei and Asuka... I am fine with fanservice, but that weirded me out really hard
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:If I remember correctly, I was talking about the ones where Yui and Kyoko are groping Rei and Asuka... I am fine with fanservice, but that weirded me out really hard

Yeah, that has "bad touch" written all over it. At least it's not Gendo doing it, so, there's a silver lining.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Yeah, that has "bad touch" written all over it. At least it's not Gendo doing it, so, there's a silver lining.

In my view an older woman groping a teenage girl is just as bad as older man doing it....and I didn't like seeing it in that chapter or rapey Shinji possessed by Seele in a later one :irked:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:18 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:In my view an older woman groping a teenage girl is just as bad as older man doing it....

I think I might have been fine(ish) with it, if it was just Rei/Yui or Asuka(Kyoko, seeing how I actually know someone who is completely cool with her mother doing that, but the way it is done to me is far too close to the whole public molestation fetish (unconditional nope for me)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm

So, some good news. Dark Horse has a pre-order page up for Volume 18. It's set for release August 29, 2018
Finally  SPOILER: Show

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:58 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:So, some good news. Dark Horse has a pre-order page up for Volume 18. It's set for release August 29, 2018
Finally  SPOILER: Show

Hype is there

Im just hoping they release omnibus volume 6 around the same time

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

^ From the looks of their site, there's nothing currently listed beyond Volume 18. I'm sure once they release that there'll be some info on Omnibus 6, like a tentative release date or something of the like.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ From the looks of their site, there's nothing currently listed beyond Volume 18. I'm sure once they release that there'll be some info on Omnibus 6, like a tentative release date or something of the like.

Hopefully... I have all other volumes as omnibus, and I kinda want to keep it like this, at least for now

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Well, just remember that Dark Horse wants to make money off the individual volumes before combining them into the omnibus so they can make even more money. It may not be released until late next year.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, just remember that Dark Horse wants to make money off the individual volumes before combining them into the omnibus so they can make even more money. It may not be released until late next year.

Yeah... I might just get Volumes 16 and 17 for my birthday next month, and stop worrying about omnibus volume :shrug:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Well, Volume 18 is out, now I just need to buy it or whatever......

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:02 pm

It just arrived for me, and the text at the back says it will be the last. I have yet to read it tho

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I hope you enjoy the ending! No spoilers please ^_^

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”