The Gainax Cash Cow, or, Why The F*!& Did I Buy That?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 am

At least they didn't hook up with AXE and make those ridiculous commercials. The One Piece bottles look better IMO although they cost more than 2x as much.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Eva shaving kits

EVA 01:

SPOILER: Show
"

"

Asuka:

"

"

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:58 am

Those would be perfect for helping me groom the Gendo beard that I have been cultivating for the past two months.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:10 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Those would be perfect for helping me groom the Gendo beard that I have been cultivating for the past two months.

And hows that working for you? my damn facial hair grows so goddamned fast that ill have half a Gendo beard in a month.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:38 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:And hows that working for you? my damn facial hair grows so goddamned fast that ill have half a Gendo beard in a month.

It's coming along very nicely as it stands. I'm currently in that annoying phase where if you make a single mistake, it'll be way too hard to recover. I got to this point a few months ago and screwed up; I won't do it again.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:38 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It's coming along very nicely as it stands. I'm currently in that annoying phase where if you make a single mistake, it'll be way too hard to recover. I got to this point a few months ago and screwed up; I won't do it again.

And that is why I always shave my beard, Every single time I attempt to at least trim it I end up fucking it up and shaving everything off :irked: FUCK BEARDS!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 am

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 am

Hm, that is affordable...

Yeah, I'll probably buy it.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:02 pm

More links:

Kaworu: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kotobukiya/8539/?scid=af_pc_link_txt&sc2id=15060234
The Pillows: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kotobukiya/8377/?scid=af_pc_link_txt&sc2id=15060234

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Eva shaving kits

Neon Genesis Shaveangelion?

I'LL BUY IT.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 am

It's The Pillows pillows! Pillow-ception.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:25 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It's The Pillows pillows! Pillow-ception.

We need to go creepier.

CREEEEEEEPIEEEER.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Clearly the pillow industry is sexist. Women in provocative poses on dakimakura and guys on L shaped pillows? With most of their clothes on at that? :tongue:
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Clearly the pillow industry is sexist. Women in provocative poses on dakimakura and guys on L shaped pillows? With most of their clothes on at that? :tongue:

Do an image search for Male Dakimakura. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Do an image search for Male Dakimakura.
We even have some examples in the daki thread.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm

I was expecting worse actually given that there are full blown female hentai dakis out there. And I take the 5th on that. :wink:

edwardthefma
Embryo

just got this at my latist con are you jelious

Postby edwardthefma » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 pm

i love Evangelionhave for a long time and i was in luck wen Tiffany Grant AKA Asuka was making a convention appearance it was so freaking cool i got to talk to her and get my
Paul Champagne Evangelion Metal Art Box signed buy her btw i found out they only made 1 run of the boxes wich was 2000 numbered according to miss grant she thought they all got destroyed do to time
and its now super rare and i just threw a gold coin in to my already super rare box set so i am happy Btw miss grant called us a underground movement Image

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 pm

I wish Tiffany Grant would give me a giant stack of colorful paper plates. :sniffle:

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: just got this at my latist con are you jelious

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:21 pm

View Original Postedwardthefma wrote:i love Evangelionhave for a long time and i was in luck wen Tiffany Grant AKA Asuka was making a convention appearance it was so freaking cool i got to talk to her and get my
Paul Champagne Evangelion Metal Art Box signed buy her btw i found out they only made 1 run of the boxes wich was 2000 numbered according to miss grant she thought they all got destroyed do to time
and its now super rare and i just threw a gold coin in to my already super rare box set so i am happy Btw miss grant called us a underground movement

I was going to ask Amanda Wynn Lee to do it to my box but Hal yelled at her and the admins didn't do a very good job handling it so I felt bad about asking her to do it so I could show it off to EGF. :(((
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Wow George Foreman was there, and he signed your grill? Why'd you bring your grill to a con though, that's just silly. Besides you don't want to let the fat congeal in the tray like that. Anyway great score! He's the man.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”