Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Done and done. Thanks for the tip.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:26 pm

I wonder if there's any possibility they'll re-release the Blu-ray set with the error fixed.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Amazon just sent me the following which is different from what distopia recently posted.

Original Message
---------------
09/25/15 05:23:05
Your Name:
Order Id:
Selected Order Items:
新世紀エヴァンゲリオン TV放映版 ARCHIVES OF EVANGELION DVD BOX
新世紀エヴァンゲリオン NEON GENESIS EVANGELION Blu-ray BOX
Comments:I received word that one disc in each box set has incorrect mastering. Starchild stated in the press release on how to submit the discs for Japanese customers, but no for international customers. Will Amazon offer to replace the discs?
---------------

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.co.jp.

We'll check if the maker can handle this problem or not and let you know about the investigation result via e-mail when it is completed. We're sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you have any further question, please let us know about that.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.co.jp.

Best regards,
齊院 / Saiin
Thank you.
Amazon.co.jp

So I guess they must have made more international sales than they thought.

EDIT: Well this kind of blows.
Greetings from Amazon.co.jp.

I would like to follow up with your inquiry about your order.

I called the maker and was informed that they are not able to accept your return from outside Japan. And I realized that the maker is not able to release revised version at the present moment. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to meet your hope, but we will accept your return and issue a full refund to your credit card.

To successfully return your item by DHL please refer to the link below and follow the instructions :

xxxx

Please also include the bar-code which you can print from the link below when returning your order:

xxxx

If you can't use DHL, please send this order by the most economical shipping method which should include insurance Please pay return fee in advance at your nearest transport company. Afterwards, please e-mail us the copy of the receipt for the shipping fee you paid, name of carrier and tracking number so that we can reimburse you for this returned item. It is very important for us to receive the receipt so that we can make a refund as swiftly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

If you are unable to print it, please write down the return authorization number “Xxxx” on the packing slip (if you've discarded the packing slip, please specify the order number "" and the return authorization number on a piece of paper) and pack it with your item. Also, please make sure to paste the return address on your package as follows:

--------------------------------------------------
Amazon Ichikawa FC Return Center
2-13-1 Shiohama Ichikawa-shi
272-0127 Japan

Phone number: 0120-999-373
--------------------------------------------------

Refunds are processed within 1 to 3 days once we receive your return items. Shortly after our refund procedure has been completed, you will receive an e-mail regarding your refund.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

I hope this information has been helpful.If you have any questions, please let us know.

https://amazon.co.jp/gp/help/contact-us/english-speaking-customer.html

I really appreciate your being a customer of Amazon.co.jp. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards,
齊院 / Saiin
Last edited by squall.leonhart on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Honestly the eyecatch error on the BD box is completely inconsequential and doesn't seem worth the trouble of replacing a disc.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 pm

True, but that section where there's that other scene spliced in on top of what's going on otherwise in the scene seems like a real eyesore. I guess instead of waiting for Starchild to get back to me, I can just deal with this through Amazon.co.jp. This blows.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:58 pm

I fired off another email to Amazon essentially begging them if there was a way to exchange just the discs in question. I really DO NOT want to package my babies up and send them back. That would entail me having to order the product again without knowing if they corrected the discs AND another set of exchange fees.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:29 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:True, but that section where there's that other scene spliced in on top of what's going on otherwise in the scene seems like a real eyesore. I guess instead of waiting for Starchild to get back to me, I can just deal with this through Amazon.co.jp. This blows.

That error is on the Archieve set. The Blu-ray's only issue is the eyecatches.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 pm

That's good to know. I care more about the BD sets anyway-- of course, it still bothers me knowing that there's something wrong with them. Maybe it'll make the set special as a collector's item? :naughty:

That said, though, the Archive fuckup still irks me. Do I care about it as much? No... but it means I don't have that bit of the series as it should be. Bugger.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:16 pm

I guess I'll wait on purchasing that Archive disc set until they get around to a second or third printing.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Hm. I guess waiting for the Stateside release has its benefits.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:32 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Hm. I guess waiting for the Stateside release has its benefits.

I really doubt Stateside release would even contain the LD version of EoE to begin with. Heck, it probably won't even contain the Theatrical edition. It will probably just be the Revival edition.

But, yeah. I see where you're coming from. Possibly owning less items to begin with would mean having to worry about less items at the end.

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:08 am

Another email from Amazon. They have been communicating with King Records on this.

Replacement discs will be sent to owners who participate in the King Records return program (Japanese residents who mail their discs in) and retailers by mid October. As Amazon is sold out (first party sales) of the Blu-ray Disc Box, any orders placed will for sure contain the remastered disc. The DVD box is still available (Really?! You didn't pull it when you learned it was defective?!) so any new orders may still receive the incorrect disc.

As mentioned earlier, I'm not worried about Episode 25' and Episode 26' as I can very easily cut those (hell, I was already considering cutting The End of Evangelion to match it), but I am more concerned with my Archives DVD since this is a print of a film that hasn't been seen by many people (I wonder if I could just cut the scenes from the TV series or DVDs or another cut of the film and color grade it...).

For me, I'm evaluating if I should even run through the hassle of doing a full exchange. I probably won't.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:01 am

View Original Postsquall.leonhart wrote:Another email from Amazon. They have been communicating with King Records on this.

Replacement discs will be sent to owners who participate in the King Records return program (Japanese residents who mail their discs in) and retailers by mid October. As Amazon is sold out (first party sales) of the Blu-ray Disc Box, any orders placed will for sure contain the remastered disc. The DVD box is still available (Really?! You didn't pull it when you learned it was defective?!) so any new orders may still receive the incorrect disc.

I didn't receive this mail. So did Amazon JP say something about sending us the remastered discs? Do we have just to wait or send another mail?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:19 am

View Original Postsquall.leonhart wrote:Fax Number: [Who still uses fax?]
Japan is surprisingly low-tech like that.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:11 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Japan is surprisingly low-tech like that.

Fax still has its niche uses. We use it all the time at work.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:16 am

We also use fax for transferring confidential information in clinical trials - it's more secure than email in many circumstances. I've stopped using it in any other situations, though, and closed my personal electronic fax account earlier this year.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TheDrmcvey
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TheDrmcvey » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:24 am

Yeah, I bought the BD's and I could give a rat's ass about the eyecatches. Everything else works great.
Eva Rebirth

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:14 pm

What are we saying that LD stands for again?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm

LaserDisc

The best home media format when it comes to cover art because damn those things were HUEG.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:29 pm

View Original Postdistopia wrote:I didn't receive this mail. So did Amazon JP say something about sending us the remastered discs? Do we have just to wait or send another mail?

No. The reps at Amazon simply called KR and told me what KR would be doing for retailers and customers. If you live in Japan, mail your discs in to KR. If not, try contacting Amazon or your other retailer to see about a full refund. By mid October, you should receive replacement discs for those that mailed them in to KR. If you returned your box set to the retailer, reorder the box sets after mid October to get them with the corrected discs.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”