Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm

What about the couple of civilians that were collateral damage from Unit 02's head being flung into the GeoFront shelter in episode 19?
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:What about the couple of civilians that were collateral damage from Unit 02's head being flung into the GeoFront shelter in episode 19?

They can hook up with the troops who were squished by the MPEs.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Ah, they're already a pair...unless you're proposing a threesome between them and Burnin' Yearnin'.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:They can hook up with the troops who were squished by the MPEs.

I ship it. Bound by fate because of Evangelions that screwed their life over.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:18 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Ah, they're already a pair...unless you're proposing a threesome between them and Burnin' Yearnin'.

Cross-pollination, yo.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:19 pm

With all these crack pairings going around willy-nilly, I'm surprised NO ONE has suggested a full on ORGY with EVERYONE in on some COSMIC SCALE. :devil:

I was a least expecting Chuckman to go that route.

Come on dude. Step up your game! :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:20 pm

What do you think Instrumentality was?

:devil:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:24 pm

A purely PHYSICAL ORGY on a Cosmic Scale, not all that mind-fuckery involved. All those tedious emotions and FEELINGS get in the way. :devil:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:33 pm

I wonder about that poor burning bastard: his hopes, his dreams, and any illicit romantic connections he had before being charbroiled.

Oh, that guy? Hmm... let's make some shit up.

Daisuke Mikuma is a low-level technician dating Hikari's older sister, Kodama, and plays poker every weekend with some of the children's section 2 keepers on day shift. Is going bald young and this makes him self-conscious, and so always wears a hat. He actually was on screen twice; most prominently helping with a synch test in ep12 but also making out with Kodama in the theater in ep4.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:47 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Oh, that guy? Hmm... let's make some shit up.

Daisuke Mikuma is a low-level technician dating Hikari's older sister, Kodama, and plays poker every weekend with some of the children's section 2 keepers on day shift. Is going bald young and this makes him self-conscious, and so always wears a hat. He actually was on screen twice; most prominently helping with a synch test in ep12 but also making out with Kodama in the theater in ep4.

Let's spice it up and say that same guy eventually broke up with Kodama, but Hikari still found the guy pretty sweet, like a sad heart-broken puppy. So Hikari, playing the match maker in episode 15, suggested Asuka go out with that guy.
Thus we find out later, he's just soooo boring!

What terrible luck with the ladies.
-Kaji Ryoji

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Sounds legit. He can be a Nerv med tech still in training to be a full doctor. ^_^
Last edited by NemZ on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 pm

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:What terrible luck with the ladies.

:shinji_boohoo:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Given that he's chasing 13-year-old tail he likely deserved it. Burn motherfucker! :devil:

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:58 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote: Burn motherfucker!

Calm down :lol:

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:00 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Given that he's chasing 13-year-old tail he likely deserved it. Burn motherfucker! :devil:

Depends how old Kodama was- I'm pretty sure she's a fair bit older than Hikari.

Also, if Hikari set up the date between him and Asuka...Not quite the same as him actively "chasing 13-year-old tail". If we can blame anyone it's Hikari. (Pretty sure all the pilots are 14 but eh).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Indeed, he had no idea who it was going to be and was expecting someone older when Hikari insisted it was a single nerv employee who transfered from the German branch office (probably expectint one of uint 02's service crew). In fact the reason he was 'soo boring' is probably because he was not cool with this plan and was just going through the motions for the sake of common courtesy. Hhe did know who she was, of course, and that Misato would should him in the dick if he made a move on top of all the shit he'd be getting from his poker buddies who were following him around on this 'date'. He was probably RELIEVED when she ditched!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Just have the poor man date Shiro Tokita and call it a day.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 pm

I assume their is fan-fiction where Asuka and Kodama got together?

- Suicidahlia

ChamucaRobota
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ChamucaRobota » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Gendo x Asuka

M-M-M-M-M-M-MAXIMUM NTR ON EVERY LEVEL FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED!!!

That's mine too :peace:

SPOILER: Show
TM's post was too awesome for not to quote.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:33 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Indeed, he had no idea who it was going to be and was expecting someone older when Hikari insisted it was a single nerv employee who transfered from the German branch office (probably expectint one of uint 02's service crew). In fact the reason he was 'soo boring' is probably because he was not cool with this plan and was just going through the motions for the sake of common courtesy. Hhe did know who she was, of course, and that Misato would should him in the dick if he made a move on top of all the shit he'd be getting from his poker buddies who were following him around on this 'date'. He was probably RELIEVED when she ditched!

I will roll with this, though I find it dubious that Hikari is actually that clueless. Still, mistakes do happen, so I can give Mr. Crispy a pass on that front.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”