Plots you would have liked for an episode

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Well, I was thinking that something on the level of second impact would bring out some crazy amongst the survivors. Also, it could reflect that many people wish in their hearts for what Seele wants to do and that the organization is not alone in their opinions. It's that Seele has the means and knowhow to do it.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 pm

To me the cult angle seems improbably, at least in Tokyo-3. It just seems like the city is too controlled to allow rabble like that to get any traction.

The plot of the pilots being targeted is appealing though, but to me it always seemed like it would come from more organized parties than cults. Either shadey groups within Japan or just completely foreign agents. Those types of people should be able to keep quite enough until it's time to act to avoid the detection by the fortress city security forces.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 am

2nd impact would definately be sufficient to bring out the end times fanatic in some folks. Perhaps midwestern American evangelicals, or a massive influx to Jehova's Witnesses when one of their predictions actually lined up with 2I by accident.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

nervshatter
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby nervshatter » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:42 am

How about an episode with the children getting accidently drunk, or they come across an angel that causes the children to act out of character.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 am

ITT American popular culture being wedged awkwardly into the Japanese milieu. Like talk of Halloween-based fanfic in the Fanfiction subforum.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:How about an episode with the children getting accidently drunk, or they come across an angel that causes the children to act out of character.
That would be hilariously awesome.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Well, I was thinking that something on the level of second impact would bring out some crazy amongst the survivors. Also, it could reflect that many people wish in their hearts for what Seele wants to do and that the organization is not alone in their opinions. It's that Seele has the means and knowhow to do it.

Touché.
Excellent point. You could fit it late in the series, when Tokyo-3 is already beginning to crumble away.

If the good guys already know about the conspiracy by then, it could really serve to demoralize them, at least Misato and especially Shinji, who'd ponder the merit in saving this cruel, ungrateful world anyway.

Not to mention the personal horror of being targeted - Shinji wouldn't take an assasination attempt well, Rei is most likely under orders to self-terminate if captured, and Asuka could go either way. On the one hand, she has battle training and at least something resembling martial arts skills, and would probably have little qualms to bash in the heads of anyone that attacks her first, but on the other hand, has she ever participated in actual combat with ppl seriously out to kill her? She's still 14, and her own body is a lot more fragile than EVa 02 with its 12000 armor places and exty megawatt AT field.

Also, it could be an opportunity to showcase Misato's and Asuka's military backgrounds. Heck, that's a good idea in itself.

I felt that was a missed opportunity in GoS.
Mana highly values comeradery between pilots and gets to have a certain respect for Asuka, at some point sending Shinji after her after an argument, but Asuka's just plain jelly.

As far as team dynamics go, Mana's closer to being the Rei of the trident pilots (the more obedient one who worries about her comerades, to Keita's "wimpy guy" and Musashi's more agressive, assertive personality) but she and Asuka are both young girls subjected to battle training, allthough they percieved it in different ways.

What about a scene where Asuka tries to prove her spy theory by assaulting Mana during PE class, causing her to reveal herself with an instinctive reaction too good for a regular schoolgirl.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

An episode focusing on the Bridge Bunnies would have been cool, and would have helped flesh out their characters a bit more.

Taking that a step further, my most desired and feasible choice would have been for an episode to focus on what life for civilian families would have been like. Your best move at this point would have been to do an episode revolving around Kensuke, Hikari and pre-episode 17 Toji. No appearances from any of the main cast would be required. As a bonus, it could even be a future/past angel since we wouldn't be constantly cutting to the main cast every few minutes.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

G2Megatron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby G2Megatron » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:51 pm

I would have enjoyed an episode, or atleast a few scenes showing Toji and Hikari, did their Relationship advance ever after the Bardiel attack? Were they evacuated to the same place after Tokyo 3 was destroyed? I felt disappointed there were no scenes of the school friends going through instrumentality in EoE
Evangelion 4.44 I Can (Not) Wait

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:35 am

That one episode when Shinji & Asuka were going to go on a class trip to Okinawa but, never happened
Man.. I really wanted to see how what would have played out :irked:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Violet Shadow
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Violet Shadow » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 pm

An episode where Kaworu goes to school with Shinji and hangs out with him could be quite interesting. We need to know more about what the Children do when they're at school. Does Kaworu even attend school?
If love can hurt then hate can surely save.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:17 pm

View Original PostViolet Shadow wrote:Does Kaworu even attend school?

In the manga he gets Shinji to show him the way to school when they first meet, but then doesn't go in when Shinji refuses to (because of not being able to face Touji's other friends). That's the only semi-canon link between Kaworu and school, I think.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Some ideas I have:
Something showing the building of the MP Evas complete with Gendo and Fuyu visiting the building site á la Evangelion 2.0.
Some out-of-school interaction of Touji and Kensuke.
Misato and other important personnel moving around with bodyguards as the series progresses.
A talk between high ranking government people and Nerv regarding it's political protection and budget, something that ends up bad and indirectly triggers the invasion of the HQ in 25'
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 pm

^^Along a similar vein as this, it might have been cool if there could have been an entire episode dealing with the construction of Eva-04 so we can see what the North American Nerv crew is all about, and what the Eva's pilot was like and whether they were as interesting as their Japanese counterparts.

Of course, I know that the characters in NGE are what make it what it is and there wouldn't be much point in making an episode in which we only see all of the characters once, but, whatever.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:41 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:there wouldn't be much point in making an episode in which we only see all of the characters once.

CofKaworuCofCof
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Ringworm128
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ringworm128 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 pm

A new pilot comes along that's pretty much a worse version of Asuka. So Asuka won't be able to do her usual stuff like kicking and acting all high and mighty because the new pilot won't take it for a second. It could work as a great episode where Asuka is forced to look at a mirror of herself.
Chuckman#695701 wrote:Don't you understand? The best way to shelter children from the mind-warping horror that is a pair of perky teen tits is to blindfold them with guts.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:36 am

^
Sounds like Gob's fanfic You Can (Never) Trust.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:41 am

An angel hiding somewhere in Tokyo 3 starts causing random items to disappear into hammerspace. Incidentally, one of the items that disappears is Asuka's panties. The rest of the episode is spent following Asuka around throughout the day as she overcomes numerous obstacles that risk exposing her lack of panties.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:52 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:An angel hiding somewhere in Tokyo 3 starts causing random items to disappear into hammerspace. Incidentally, one of the items that disappears is Asuka's panties. The rest of the episode is spent following Asuka around throughout the day as she overcomes numerous obstacles that risk exposing her lack of panties.

...You mean like that one recent episode of IS ~ Infinite Stratos 2?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:55 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:...You mean like that one recent episode of IS ~ Infinite Stratos 2?

:whistle:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”