Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UltraB116
Embryo

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby UltraB116 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:14 am

I do hope the movie can be released before everything is leaked. Lol

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:16 am

1.11 - 100m
2.22 - 112m
3.33 - 95m
3+1 - 154m

461 minutes total. Curiously Q+Shin averages a 124 minute each, so maybe the "cut" part of Q ended up at the beginning of Shin.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:16 am

Guys don't wanna be' the mood breaker, but it's a fake.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Lacissal
Lilith

Postby Lacissal » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Another fact:
When Rebuild is done we'll have spent more time in the new post-timeskip world than in the NGE-like world of the first half.

Post 3rd Impact world increasingly reminds me of the World of Balance and the World of Ruin from Final Fantasy VI.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:21 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:∆ Yeah that does sound graphic lol.

Another fact:
When Rebuild is done we'll have spent more time in the new post-timeskip world than in the NGE-like world of the first half.

Makes the first "half" in Tokyo-3 feel like a prologue to the story.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:22 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostThe_Max#910253 wrote:
Now we have info leaking and hype decreasing. Dont worry Khara, there is always hope. Always ^_^

Isn't this increasing the hype??

I was talking globally about the film situation. I agree any info leaking increases hype but with a cost to the movie (thats why they keep that under wraps, isnt it?). Duration is not a very important detail but this is a warning to Khara.
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:24 am

View Original PostThe_Max wrote:I was talking globally about the film situation. I agree any info leaking increases hype but with a cost to the movie (thats why they keep that under wraps, isnt it?). Duration is not a very important detail but this is a warning to Khara.

Well in this case, the duration is important, because there are many things that the audience want/hope to see (see my list above) and the extra-long runtime will mean that a lot of thing can happen in this movie!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:33 am

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:I'm pretty certain no harm was meant by such a statement, but it has been thought necessary to point out that "lads" is not an entirely correct way of greeting the EGF membership

I'll keep that in mind, I'm not a native English speaker so I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Mr. M wrote:Guys don't wanna be' the mood breaker, but it's a fake.

Not sure if it's "fake" because the film's page that has the runtime was up on Eirin's site for around three hours before being taken down. I'd guess that someone put it up by accident and immediately got notified by khara/Toei/Toho after it blew up, most likely because they probably want to reveal it later.

This isn't also the first time something from the film got leaked either by khara or a third party, like the height chart and One Last Kiss EP's complete track list.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:37 am

2h34m is a perfect runtime to make AsuShin canon :misato_itadakimasu:

SPOILER: Show
Every runtime is perfect for that

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:48 am

I'm really happy it's a long runtime, as this means lots of time to fill in more character growth and possible flashbacks. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:53 am

I'm happy with the runtime and Blu-ray version will probably be 10 minutes longer.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 am

View Original PostLacissal wrote:Post 3rd Impact world increasingly reminds me of the World of Balance and the World of Ruin from Final Fantasy VI.

ElMariachi wrote:Makes the first "half" in Tokyo-3 feel like a prologue to the story.

Yeah I see both of these!

Increasingly excited for how all four storyboard books will look next to each other.

View Original PostJoseki wrote:2h34m is a perfect runtime to make AsuShin canon :misato_itadakimasu:

SPOILER: Show
Every runtime is perfect for that

I dunno what will happen in that regard. I'm open to anything but I do think that pairing could be potentially a heartwarming, uplifting story. I'd fanboy over it probably lol
What we do have definitely is time for Asuka.
Imagine having the best character ever created and then the film they are in is long as shit.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:00 am

Weirdly, no official words by khara yet regarding this leak even though it already went public, considering they responded the false 6 hours runtime rumours or even 3.0's 120 minutes placeholder runtime quite fast, which makes me believe this is a genuine slip and they want to reveal the runtime by themselves later.

I also just realized that the film was screened/examined in Eirin around a week after the delay announcement (January 18), not sure if this was the plan all along since it's only like 5 days before the supposed January 23 release date or the lockdown also affected the examination date if it was supposed to be done earlier.

Lacissal
Lilith

Postby Lacissal » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:09 am

^I think last time Khara probably responded because there was a lot of speculation under their own tweet with info about film parts and time codes, so that was clearing up confusion about an absurdly way off the mark running time, versus an industry website accidentally or automatically uploading a run time or khara revealling a specific piece of info.

Sad to think there may be some people out there who thought or still think it would be a 6 hour film and are currently disappointed with the run-time!

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:20 am

You got a point, but with how widespread this information is, I'm expecting some sort of immediate official words or else it'll be another case of blue balling. :nyao:

They're in a tight position tho, if they say it's fake then a lot of people (including me) would be disappointed and giving them yet another negative mark, but they also can't say it's true right now if they really want to make a big reveal out of it later, possibly along with the very absolutely final release date, these people are completely aware with the fans' curiosity about the runtime after all.

View Original PostLacissal wrote:Sad to think there may be some people out there who thought or still think it would be a 6 hour film and are currently disappointed with the run-time!

I've seen a few people being disappointed that they expected the film to be *at least* three hours and a lot of them mentioned the 6 hours rumor as a base for that. :rolleyes:

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:25 am

2 hours and 34 mins, let’s say 2 hours and 20 mins not including credits at the end is very satisfying

Lacissal
Lilith

Postby Lacissal » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:35 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:I've seen a few people being disappointed that they expected the film to be *at least* three hours and a lot of them mentioned the 6 hours rumor as a base for that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think this is why it's important for people to understand in the context of anime films how big Shin's running time is. Anything over 130mins is already a big deal, 154 knocks that out of the park.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:42 am

If it's fake then we'll see a tweet going all "This is rumor control, here are the facts." Silence would be approval...
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:43 am

Translation:
... Even the runtime made it to Yahoo News ( ̄▽ ̄;)
(lol)
Thank you very much. I hope we can deliver the film to you soon.

Seems like this is a soft confirmation since Ogata doesn't seem to deny it.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:01 am

^
I felt a strong irony in her tweet. Well, if it got to Ogata-san it will increase the repercussion, probably khara will clear it up soon.

EDIT: Ogata deleted the tweet! :bigeyes:
I'll leave the Yahoo! link here for reference: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/1976c019fec1c31dcf2c342c10f2dfb149f02adf
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”