Evangelion:3.0+1.0 Trailer 3 Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Evangelion:3.0+1.0 Trailer 3 Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:03 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I don't think there is enough runtime available to have any of the characters being locked out of the plot, so I would tend to exclude any meaningful °prison time° for any main character.

I think any plot point can be wildly different depending on how it is executed. So I think everything is possible.

I would give
SPOILER: Show
Promare
as an example of a 2 hour anime movie that features two characters being locked up (separately!). It's also true I don't expect Eva to have
Promare
rhythm.
Last edited by kuribo-04 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:On this note, I don't think we have seen a single scene showing Rei after the children reach the Wunder. We have seen Shinji and Asuka however. I'm not 100% sure will pilot again.

I feel all the setup in the previous three films dictates Rei is going to have a huge and integral role in Shinji's story for this final film but what that role is right now is a total mystery.
And I love that!

robersora wrote:Which is concerningly ominous considering Rei seemingly evaporates in the "Until You Come To Me" -Short.

Though I kinda doubt Rei Q will "die" in the first act.
I keep feeling in the finale when it's required, Rei Q will get into Unit 01 with Shinji and while in there will merge with Poka Rei (and Yui? - three versions of Rei with three lives becoming one : Thrice Upon A Time) and depending on how the film ends that's ultimately how Rei will disappear/become a spirit who can spy on Shinji at the start of 1.0 OR be freed from the Eva to live a full life.

But no one really knows. That's just my thinking.

No one outside the production has seen the film. And I love the mystery!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I feel all the setup in the previous three films dictates Rei is going to have a huge and integral role in Shinji's story for this final film but what that role is right now is a total mystery.
And I love that!

My speculation would be (basically it's where I'd go with the story, I think, if you told me to come up with something) that ReiQ will be the person through which Shinji understands you can rebuild after losing everything. 3.0 had him stranded in an unknown environment, all he knew had ended or changed, and Rei, who he latched onto, ended up being a stranger he rejected.

He will have to understand that he can build a new life in this new environment. Rei being gone after the relationship that bloomed between them is heartbraking, but he can't be chasing a ghost forever, I imagine. I also wouldn't be surprised if ReiQ ends up being very different to Rei when she starts developing a personality.

I guess this story would resonate with me. But obviously, it's speculation, not what I want to happen. I just want what Anno is gonna tell.

This is why it's also surprising to me when some fans say they see the story as chaotic or without a goal. I think the themes are clearly there and you can go interesting places.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Wow, I wasn't expecting anything new to come until at least next year, and much less an actual release date, and much less for it to be in a little more than three months!

So after looking at what everyone had to say, here are my own little remarks :

1. People have said that here Asuka is wearing her old and undammaged plugsuit, but I think that it's actually the new one she has at the beginning of Final: at first I thought that it was the old damaged one we see in the first part of Q because of the black shoulder which matches with Asuka's plugsuit missing red "pauldrons", but said missing pauldron is on the right shoulder, not the left one, and the mostly red plugsuit does have black shoulders, so I think that this scene isn't a flashback or Asuka going back to wearing her old plugsuit, but simply a scene from the present (on a side-note, I hope that we'll see more of her track jacket and funny hat!):

Notice the black shoulders:

2. As already noted previously, Ansuka and Mari activating their plugsuit is a direct callback to Shinji and Kaworu doing the same in Q

3. In the shot with the tray of food, as noted before the red paste has the same look as the "2001 Space Odyssey" food in neo-NERV in Q, but this time there's actual fresh food, I spot some salad, what I think is two slices of apple and I don't know if the yellowish food are lentils or quinoa, or maybe cereals, which is a nice visual hint that for WILLE is more "human" than neo-NERV. And also there's Russian in the pack of water, I don't know what it translates to, but that probably hints that either Russia or ex-NERV Russia plays a big role in WILLE.
Also another interesting detail: the pants we see are dark red and looks like the overalls the WILLE crew members wear, and even more important, the platform with holes on it and the "rails" on the right corresponds to the command chairs in the Wunder's bridge, so my guess is that this is a shot one of the crews. What's interesting is that none of the bridge crew in Q wore red overalls, the only one who did was Maya, so for me either that's Maya, or Shinji got a job in the bridge! :tongue:

The bridge chairs, notice the holed platforms on each side of the chairs and the rails connecting them to the main command post :

4. A funny little detail: WILLE's aircraft carriers have the WILLE logo at the end of the take-off deck:

5. Not sure if EVA-08 got her organic arms back and they are encased in an exoskeleton (maybe the damage is still not healed enough) or if those are purely mechanical arms. As for her armor, I don't think it's the old Eva armor from the beginning of Q, the armor plates are too separated, I think that this is a new patern of armor, or at least the WILLE armor adapted to fit 08's new mechanical parts:

6. As noted before, Rei Q's face is heartwarming and I really hope that we'll get several wholesome scenes of her discovering the world!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Okay, here's a brainfart I had after seeing the closeup shot of Mark.10:
Between the momßnoeye, sharp angles in the "eye track" and general mean and lean aesthetic, this invokes the same avibe as the Gouf from Gundam, especially in the Seed and Thunderbolt redesign.

This is no mass production machine, boy, no mass production machine!
Also as has been pointed out to me, "Gates of Gouf"

ElMariachi wrote:1. People have said that here Asuka is wearing her old and undammaged plugsuit, but I think that it's actually the new one she has at the beginning of Final: at first I thought that it was the old damaged one we see in the first part of Q because of the black shoulder which matches with Asuka's plugsuit missing red "pauldrons", but said missing pauldron is on the right shoulder, not the left one, and the mostly red plugsuit does have black shoulders, so I think that this scene isn't a flashback or Asuka going back to wearing her old plugsuit, but simply a scene from the present (on a side-note, I hope that we'll see more of her track jacket and funny hat!):

Oh yeah, that's a good catch!

In another unrelated thing, I'm not sure if this has been pointed out on here or in a discord discussion, but the attachment we see on 08 is the thing they got from Paris:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Glad to see your analysis power at work again, ElMariachi.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:41 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Glad to see your analysis power at work again, ElMariachi.

Same sentiment here.

Wasn't there an empty chair on the Wunder bridge? Could be Maya is back in her seat right?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Regarding the Peaceful Times connection, this video also brings up a few of them, though it refers to it as leaks:

https://youtu.be/HEvTGyF9hXc

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I did say "potentially".

Oh, and it took about 7 years but we FINALLY get to see that hidden storyboard from the Shiro Sagisu video Peaceful Times in a finalized form.

Part 2 also brings up the Khara Expo concept art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-y8pvv ... e=youtu.be

Edit: also, yeah, Mari is in their room. Why wave at Asuka though? It could make some sense if she's waving at Shinji though. Like "see you, puppy boy".

Edit 2: Velorex has pointed out this is some sort of hoist switch. Look at the wider shot when Asuka is walking: the "cubicle" seems to be inside of some sort of chamber. Add that to the commentary about them isolating "dangerous persons", I'm willing to wager this is supposed to suppress the pilots somehow, an idea that is also reinforced by the DSS Choker apparently being used on Asuka and Mari, which was apparently confirmed by another Khara tweet. So yeah, maybe Shinji is just being isolated with them.
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:36 pm

This is great news. I think khara know how they are keeping everyone waiting, so its great that there are these amazing trailers coming out. Asuka and Mari look like they are going to kick ass. I also like how they have the same dynamic as in 3.33 where Asuka is looking up and yelling at Mari to provide more covering fire and then Mari maybe giving a sarcastic comment in return.

Image Image

I also like how there is a shot of Shinji raising his eyes and looking up, which could be a callback to the series.

Image Image

It's quite funny seeing those three walking together again. Those train tracks look kinda like the ones on the poster though Rei and Shinji are standing on different train tracks.

Image Image
Last edited by dzzthink on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

ArtyumR
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArtyumR » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:40 pm

I wouldn't expect Rei Q to die in this movie at all (because the message would be awful) I mean "every person who gave you emotional support
to help you get through tough times ends up dying, life sucks ..whatever." Perhaps it's just too much of a downer for my taste but we're living
in a world that lost one million people this year..

A Renegade Deserter
Adam
Location: Back from exile to infiltrate and combat my mortal enemy

•      
  •      

Postby A Renegade Deserter » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:19 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Wow, I wasn't expecting anything new to come until at least next year, and much less an actual release date, and much less for it to be in a little more than three months!

So after looking at what everyone had to say, here are my own little remarks :

1. People have said that here Asuka is wearing her old and undammaged plugsuit, but I think that it's actually the new one she has at the beginning of Final: at first I thought that it was the old damaged one we see in the first part of Q because of the black shoulder which matches with Asuka's plugsuit missing red "pauldrons", but said missing pauldron is on the right shoulder, not the left one, and the mostly red plugsuit does have black shoulders, so I think that this scene isn't a flashback or Asuka going back to wearing her old plugsuit, but simply a scene from the present (on a side-note, I hope that we'll see more of her track jacket and funny hat!):

Notice the black shoulders:

Just to tell you ElMariachi that I think that Asukas Red and Black Plugsuit in 3.0+1.0 is design wise still her same newer Plugsuit from 3.0 instead of the duct taped one in the beginning of 3.0. Same for Maris Plugsuit.

Because I don't think Asuka could've changed into a new Plugsuit at the start of 3.0+1.0 and the colors were changed into more shades of red and black on purpose for symbolism of 3.0+1.0s themes and in homage to Asukas first old Plugsuit to reflect that Asuka should know now what kind of person she ultimately is and has to be to deal with what comes at her and between her and Shinji, that we 'll see the peak of Asukas characterisation and development to happen.

The newer White and Rainbow colored Plugsuit with red accents, should mean something too same as with Mari.

You know what the White and Rainbow colored Plugsuits also remind me of, of the White Suit of Chow Yun-fats role as Ah Jong, a hitman and main character in John Woos The Killer. Durring the last fire fight together with Danny Lees Li Ying against the whole gang of the main antagonist Wong Hoi, Ah Jongs Suit became more and more red from getting wounded and killing the gang members.

Imagine this happening to Asuka and Mari while they're fighting Mk.10-14 and Unit 13, while their White Plugsuits end up more and more Red from the battle. That would be more hardcore and badass and nightmare fuel.
Last edited by A Renegade Deserter on Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To kill for yourself is murder. To kill for your government is heroic. To kill for entertainment is harmless."
- Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

"There is no difference between what is right and what is necessary."

"We cannot escape anguish. It is what we are."

"Collateral damage can be justified, if the gain outweighs the cost."

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:45 pm

We see Mari and Asuka surfing on aircraft carriers into the Gate of Guf, the 8-year wait was worth it, Mr. Anno!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:3. In the shot with the tray of food, as noted before the red paste has the same look as the "2001 Space Odyssey" food in neo-NERV in Q, but this time there's actual fresh food, I spot some salad, what I think is two slices of apple and I don't know if the yellowish food are lentils or quinoa, or maybe cereals, which is a nice visual hint that for WILLE is more "human" than neo-NERV. And also there's Russian in the pack of water, I don't know what it translates to, but that probably hints that either Russia or ex-NERV Russia plays a big role in WILLE.
Also another interesting detail: the pants we see are dark red and looks like the overalls the WILLE crew members wear, and even more important, the platform with holes on it and the "rails" on the right corresponds to the command chairs in the Wunder's bridge, so my guess is that this is a shot one of the crews. What's interesting is that none of the bridge crew in Q wore red overalls, the only one who did was Maya, so for me either that's Maya, or Shinji got a job in the bridge! :tongue:

Most of the hand shots in the series are those of Shinji, and we do see Shinji with 2001: A Space Odyssey style food...which makes me think that they gave Shinji a role among the bridge crew for whatever reason! Also, while we don't notice the top of the water pouch where the sipper would be, there seems to be a recurring theme in NTE about extracting something from within a container, whether in the form of a liquid or otherwise (Reichu pointed this out months ago).

4. A funny little detail: WILLE's aircraft carriers have the WILLE logo at the end of the take-off deck:

This is a nuisance because it makes it a chore trying to identify individual carriers :irked: . It's an insult on top of the injury of making a complete mess of the Iowas in the first ten minutes of the movie.

5. Not sure if EVA-08 got her organic arms back and they are encased in an exoskeleton (maybe the damage is still not healed enough) or if those are purely mechanical arms. As for her armor, I don't think it's the old Eva armor from the beginning of Q, the armor plates are too separated, I think that this is a new patern of armor, or at least the WILLE armor adapted to fit 08's new mechanical parts:

I had to look closely at the arms, and it looks from the upper arms that those are indeed mechanical. Wille does change the armor on Eva-08 in 3.0, so it's no surprise that they've changed it again. Don't have the link to the booklet showing the differences between Eva-08 beta and gamma, but the Wille Evas have a W-shape in their armor segments.

Incidentally, the concept art of the wandering trio and a tortoiseshell cat on the railroad tracks suggests that Rei Q might be looking down at the cat, having never seen a nonhuman mammal before.

EDIT: Fixed the formatting.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AlphaZero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaZero » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:50 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:3. In the shot with the tray of food, as noted before the red paste has the same look as the "2001 Space Odyssey" food in neo-NERV in Q, but this time there's actual fresh food, I spot some salad, what I think is two slices of apple and I don't know if the yellowish food are lentils or quinoa, or maybe cereals, which is a nice visual hint that for WILLE is more "human" than neo-NERV. And also there's Russian in the pack of water, I don't know what it translates to, but that probably hints that either Russia or ex-NERV Russia plays a big role in WILLE.

The bridge chairs, notice the holed platforms on each side of the chairs and the rails connecting them to the main command post :

I'm convinced that's Midori, matches her chair position and pants.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:10 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:

Is this the room where Mari and Asuka are changing? It looks like it may be over something, maybe Unit 02? (It's convenient to have the pilots rest near the Eva considering the Wunder is kilometers long)[/color]

i think the chamber scene with red plug Asuka is actually her living quarters, in the wall there is a net to the side that kind look like an astronaut sleeping bag, and since they are flying with it makes sense, if im right there is a bunk beside her so she share room with mari.
ANATA BAKA !?

BlackSuitMari
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BlackSuitMari » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:31 am

Forgive my if I'm interrupting, but to the cosplayers in the thread wondering how to do the details, may I suggest reflective material for the Plugsuits? It has the dark appearance in normal light, but throw a flash on it and it becomes rainbow...

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 am

View Original PostA Renegade Deserter wrote:Just to tell you ElMariachi that I think that Asukas Red and Black Plugsuit in 3.0+1.0 is design wise still her same newer Plugsuit from 3.0 instead of the duct taped one in the beginning of 3.0. Same for Maris Plugsuit.

Because I don't think Asuka could've changed into a new Plugsuit at the start of 3.0+1.0 and the colors were changed into more shades of red and black on purpose for symbolism of 3.0+1.0s themes and in homage to Asukas first old Plugsuit to reflect that Asuka should know now what kind of person she ultimately is and has to be to deal with what comes at her and between her and Shinji, that we 'll see the peak of Asukas characterisation and development to happen.

That was the sense of my post: the plugsuit in that shot is the "new" one she's wearing in Final (which itself is a color swapped version of her red and white plugsuit from Q).
Symbolism aside, I wonder if there'll be an in-universe explanation for that change of color while they're still in the core wasteland, maybe part of the suit is made of a chemical that changes color if the L-Barrier density is too high, as a way to warn the pilots that even for them the place is too contaminated and that they should leave ASAP? Or maybe the suit is simply being turning to core material? Shinji and ReiQ's plugsuit not being affected because neo-NERV knows how to make materials more resistance to the L-Barrier? (or maybe theirs will be affected too and that will be a surprise for the movie?)

View Original PostAlphaZero wrote:I'm convinced that's Midori, matches her chair position and pants.

Good catch, I was basing my observation on Midori's profile in the 3.0 booklet where her suit is more pink, but I forgot to take into account the red lighting of the Command Bridge, so yeah, that's probably her. Maybe that's a hint that we'll get to know more of the Wunder crew's life and personality?

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Most of the hand shots in the series are those of Shinji, and we do see Shinji with 2001: A Space Odyssey style food...which makes me think that they gave Shinji a role among the bridge crew for whatever reason! Also, while we don't notice the top of the water pouch where the sipper would be, there seems to be a recurring theme in NTE about extracting something from within a container, whether in the form of a liquid or otherwise (Reichu pointed this out months ago).

Based on AlphaZero's answer, I don't think that's Shinji anymore. Besides if the artwork saying that Mari and Asuka's chamber is here to "isolate dangerous persons" is right and that this function is still present, then I doubt that they would let an active pilot near the crew on a regular basis, back at the beginning of Q they might had let him stay in the Bridge and constantly near Sakura because they though that his 0% synchronization rate withn01 meant that he lost his capacity to pilot (and whatever made him dangerous), but now it has been proved that he still can pilot, so if Asuka and Mari have to stay isolated when not deployed, there's no reason that it would be different for Shinji.

Which makes me think: we never saw Asuka and Mari directly interact with anyone from the crew (besides Asuka's visit to Shinji's interrogation room, and there wasn't even an exchange between Asuka and Misato), so what tells us that Asuka and Mari aren't shunned by the rest of the crew like Shinji is? (plot twist: they didn't hated him because of N3I or for destroying the world -which he didn't do-, but simply because they don't like Eva pilots in general :tongue: ), and if their life for the past 14 years were to be isolated in a chamber left to their own devices and only periodically allowed to get out to exercise or being deployed for battle, that would explain Asuka's bad mood and immaturity, like they were involuntary Hikkikomoris. If the info that both Mari and Asuka also wear DSS Chokers (what's the source for this info by the way?), that would vindicate my theory.

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:This is a nuisance because it makes it a chore trying to identify individual carriers :irked: . It's an insult on top of the injury of making a complete mess of the Iowas in the first ten minutes of the movie.

Well, those are WILLE's ships now, so they can add whatever equipments and markings that they need/want. ^_^

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:He will have to understand that he can build a new life in this new environment. Rei being gone after the relationship that bloomed between them is heartbraking, but he can't be chasing a ghost forever, I imagine. I also wouldn't be surprised if ReiQ ends up being very different to Rei when she starts developing a personality.

Hard to not be chasing a ghost when said ghost lives in the giant robot that serves as main reactor of the ship where you're stationed. And I'm sure that whether he wants it or not, said ghost will come to him in this film. :tongue:
As for Rei Q, I would absolutely love to have her develop a personality completely opposed to Rei II thanks to her different experiences: to be an overexcited cinnamon roll eager to discover all the things the vast world has to offer. (kinda like alternate universe Rei from episode 26)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:59 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:And also there's Russian in the pack of water, I don't know what it translates to, but that probably hints that either Russia or ex-NERV Russia plays a big role in WILLE.

My Cyrillic is a bit rusty but it's 'Voda (water?) Pitovaja' so probably just drinking water translated
There's always be plenty of ex-Soviet and Russian tech in Eva- the Sukhoi's on the carriers in Episode 8, the aircraft that launches the big missiles against Sachiel (and Unit 02 in EoE) being based of the huge Soviet ground effect sea planes like the MD-160, and a large amount of the ships in the WILLE fleet being Russian/Soviet ones, so it might not have any more story significance than the AVANT showing a major NERV facility in Paris when previously all NERV Europe branch references were to Germany.

The new white rainbow plug suits remind me most of Eva 01's white colour scheme from the original series proposal document. Don't think Wille have the time to give Yui a new paint job but maybe she'll glow white like Eva-13 did with a nice rainbow trim.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:10 am

Ritsuko with a plugsuit? :huh:

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:34 am

Looks like it; Avant 1 also had plugsuit like designs for the characters; it also makes sense, since she is synching with the Wunder, alongside the rest of the bridge crew.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”