4th Film Info (READ OP) + Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
andreh
Lilith

Postby andreh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:31 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:^ Mari's last line as she dies:
"I never knew death smelled so good."

SPOILER: Show
:devil: Image

Btw:
It may seem strange, but I want the new Impact is an beautiful explosion and not a antigravity trick as seen in 3.0 :uhh:
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:02 am

Merged the talk of Final being delayed into this thread.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Does anyone believe that the trio walking it the desert will come across old memories from the psat 14 years? Misato's and Rei's apartment, the school, the basketball court where Shinji last met Toji and Kensuke, Yui's grave, I bet some of these locations will make in during their walk.
I watch and speculate.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 am

I would like to evolve my last post and simply say;

I want everyone to die in the next movie.
Leave Shinji alone

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 am

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:I would like to evolve my last post and simply say;

I want everyone to die in the next movie.

Paying homage to Tomino for "Space runaway Ideon: Be invoked" huh?

Anno did the same thing in EoE.
I watch and speculate.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 am

I want Anno to do something completely outside the scope of my imagination. I almost don't care what it is as long as I don't see it coming. That's the great gift of this franchise: after Q, Anno has license to go pretty much ANYWHERE. To end things in an expected way would be the only true disappointment. With a lot of these types of stories, even the ones I like, you see endings coming a mile away and there's a sense of going through motions. Not here. How exhilarating to have a narrative so wide open.

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I want Anno to do something completely outside the scope of my imagination. I almost don't care what it is as long as I don't see it coming. That's the great gift of this franchise: after Q, Anno has license to go pretty much ANYWHERE. To end things in an expected way would be the only true disappointment. With a lot of these types of stories, even the ones I like, you see endings coming a mile away and there's a sense of going through motions. Not here. How exhilarating to have a narrative so wide open.

^This. Knowing Anno, he won't disappoint. ;)

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I want Anno to do something completely outside the scope of my imagination. I almost don't care what it is as long as I don't see it coming.

THIS. FOR THE LOVE OF LILITH, THIS.

This was the best mindset for Q, and it will be the best mindset for FINAL. I just want Anno to tell the story he wants to tell with Rebuild. If FINAL has an awesome twist, great. If it doesn't, it won't be the end of the world. ( :lol: ) As long as he can say that with confidence, I'll be fine with however FINAL turns out.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm confident that Anno will tell us ending that he want and not get influenced by what the audience wants, Q is the living proof of that!

Me too I'll be fine as long as the ending is what Anno wanted us to tell!
Unless that's a magical reset ending like the manga! :bat:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:07 pm

It won't be reset, since it has been done recently in manga and aside from pissing off fans who wants the world a wrecked ruin instead of healed, it will seem very unoriginal in this relatively short time span. So i bet there will be no reset.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:31 pm

What the fan wants isn't that the world ends a wrecked ruin, but that the struggles the characters had make sense in the end, and not that everything get erased thanks to a magical massive reset button and mass amnesia, but that's a story for the Sadamanga thread.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:11 pm

For many it's not Eva if it not ends in pain. But I stop here, since it would really get to Sada topic.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Yaywalter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:27 pm

On August 1st, it will be announced that the English title for FINAL is "Maurygelion: You Are (Not) The Father"

Mark my words. :lol:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:28 am

Somehow, I got the idea today that the first scene of FINAL is gonna be a flashback, either from the 16 year time skip or, if Anno really wants to pull the rug out from under everyone quickly, from a scene that occurs on the beach post-EOE that confirms without a shadow of a doubt that Rebuild is a loop from NGE.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Does anyone else maybe expect FINAL to be another Ep. 25 & 26? What I mean is that we not only don't get footage from the preview at the end of 3.0, but we only gets a glimpse of the real world and the entire movie is basically within the characters' minds? We could get glimpses of what was mentioned in the preview (big battle, Unit 08+2, Wunder in the sky) but only for it to quickly cut back into Instrumentality.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Does anyone else maybe expect FINAL to be another Ep. 25 & 26? What I mean is that we not only don't get footage from the preview at the end of 3.0, but we only gets a glimpse of the real world and the entire movie is basically within the characters' minds? We could get glimpses of what was mentioned in the preview (big battle, Unit 08+2, Wunder in the sky) but only for it to quickly cut back into Instrumentality.

If that's the case then I don't see any reason to wait all the way until 2015. Just pull an all-nighter editing older footage and spend a week, maybe a month, doing rough animations as taking still photographs of the dialogue script. Have everyone in the cast voice it over and you're done.

(Actually, I wanna see something like that in the teaser trailers or other promotional material for FINAL or something, but not in the actual movie. That would be cool.)

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:18 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Somehow, I got the idea today that the first scene of FINAL is gonna be a flashback, either from the 16 year time skip or, if Anno really wants to pull the rug out from under everyone quickly, from a scene that occurs on the beach post-EOE that confirms without a shadow of a doubt that Rebuild is a loop from NGE.

I think if it starts with a flashback of the final beach scene from EoE it'll be too predictable since many of us here speculate that NME is a loop post NGE. He'll have to think of a more clever way to tell us that NME is a "continuation"

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 am

Or, of course, it might not be a time loop at all, y'know.

The best way to confuse everyone is to show a brief scene from the ending of the film first (just a brief flash) with no background on how it's going to become like that, then start the film proper.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:I think if it starts with a flashback of the final beach scene from EoE it'll be too predictable since many of us here speculate that NME is a loop post NGE. He'll have to think of a more clever way to tell us that NME is a "continuation"

From What I gathered actually, Evageeks seems to be the only safe haven from that God awful time loop/sequel theory. I remember one post on /a/ that made me cringe, someone had this asinine idea that Kaworu and Shinji were trading places in multiple loops and that Mari was somehow involved. His/her reasoning was absolutely ludicrous.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:53 pm

I can't wait for 4.0 to crush the whole sequel/loop post NGE theory for good. :look:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”