-46h (GENERAL)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: -46h (GENERAL) [SPOILER]

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 pm

SPOILER: Show
It's 10 mins long, shocking. Hope nobody is too disappointed by that since I've seen people throw the OVA term around when this a short.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Monitoring JP Twitter, in addition to the above there is a voiced motion comic of -120mins included too.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:59 pm

in addition to the above there is a voiced motion comic of -120mins included too.

Nice. I hope we get a dub of that.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:05 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:Monitoring JP Twitter, in addition to the above there is a voiced motion comic of -120mins included too.

That is so cool! I've already seen a fan translation of the comic (and my wife got me an authentic Japanese one for my birthday last year :D) but its really cool that its included on disc for completionist sake! As Jayfive said (Blankman reference?), lets hope they get back the actresses for the English dub release!
Last edited by mastafishere on Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:05 pm

There also seems to be something on Khara's website linked via QR code in the packages that'll be available 8th March 21:00 JST, some kind of retrospective/summary.

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:10 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:
It's 10 mins long, shocking. Hope nobody is too disappointed by that since I've seen people throw the OVA term around when this a short.

Darn, though admittedly yeah unsurprising. I was definitely being generous/optimistic with that estimate.

Oh well. As they say, it's not about the length (of the duration this didn't make this sound any less of an innuendo), it's about how you use it, and 10 min is still a decent amount of time to tell a story. Especially if it's only focusing on two characters
Last edited by MsenjaKagami on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:30 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:

For reference, the 2.0 sequence from the 10th Angel's appearance through end credits is about 20 minutes, as is the 3.0 sequence from breaching Lilith's seal through Kaworu's death. So I think they can cover a lot of actual Third Impact in the reported time for this short.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 pm

View Original Postmastafishere wrote:As Jayfive said (Blankman reference?)

Abbreivated Short Circuit reference :)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: -46h (GENERAL)

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:08 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
View Original PostCookie H Wilson#939184 wrote:Do we know the length of it?

If the short is over 10 minutes I will be genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised.

CoughCough.

Like hui said earlier in here, (-46H) is over 10 minutes. It's 10 minutes and 42 seconds to be exact. And like I said earlier, before I was told my thinking on the issue was wrong, I am genuinely and pleasantly surprised.

Google Translation of tweet: EVANGELION :3 .0+1.11 THRICE UPON A TIME < Limited Edition >( Blu-ray+4K Ultra HD Blu-ray)
Watch the new bonus video!
Oh no!
The part that was a mystery is now clear, and the time is 10 minutes and 42 seconds.
(-120h) is also recorded with audio!

Twitter account doesn't say anything else cause they don't want to spoil it for others BUT in a follow up tweet they do say it feels "Very Tsurumaki" so Kazuya Tsurumaki - as expected I think? I don't know if this issue ever came up, was confirmed or talked about - , is the one who oversaw the direction.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm

It seems the -120min video is at least partly in full colour. Hmmm. If Tsurumaki has also directed it, it kinda indicates Tsurumaki is taking the reigns at least partly. They apparently also released videos of the stage greetings, it'll be very useful if those are subtitled.

Screencaps and 20secs of it:

Look at that last image. It's an index for something. Is that the stage greeting or the CRC?

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:27 pm

Anyone know what the difference is between a director and general director?

EVANGELION:3.0 (-46h)" 10 minutes 41 seconds. Directed by Toko Yatabe, who is also Shin Eva's Assistant Director and drew storyboards for Chainsaw Man. General director is Kazuya Tsurumaki. #Shin Eva PKG

Also

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 3.0+1.0, Tsurumaki and Maeda were credited as directors and Anno was the General director. So the General director would essentially be the one who makes the final decisions if you will.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:42 pm

Ah ok that makes sense.

Also false alarm on the other thing I posted. The other material was referring to the voiced -120min

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:55 pm

This (Japanese) twitter user explain the two events -46h would focus:

Unfortunately, it seems we won't know how the Third Impact started (or how Eva-01 is related). The focus will be on consequences of the Third Impact.

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:13 am

^^^^
They're gonna be milking the 14-year timeskip with extra contents until the next decade at least :D

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:36 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems we won't know how the Third Impact started (or how Eva-01 is related). The focus will be on consequences of the Third Impact.

Dang it.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

MrNobody39
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrNobody39 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:50 am

Aaaa I can’t wait to see it!! Hope it gets on the net today

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:34 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:

That sounds good to me!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:48 am

Damn, the length is a bit disappointing.
I hope this is the last we get on Rebuild because I don't want them to start milking the timeskip with a bunch of shorts that come out for years.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:38 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Damn, the length is a bit disappointing.

Though not having seen it yet, in the shorts defense it was announced as a special feature being made for the home video release and has always been treated by Khara as a special feature being made for the home video release. Khara has never treated it as anything but a short film.

It's a little (hopefully final) gift to the fans for buying the home video release.
Despite the rampant fan theorizing here, and I'm sure elsewhere online, it was never designed to be an epic tell-all project.

I kinda figured some people will be upset with the runtime because when I floated the 10 minute runtime a month or so and the only response was someone shooting it down cause "No. 10 minutes is not enough time to tell all the exciting major big-world fill-all-the-gaps fan theories ideas that have been thought up by fans since 2012" even though historically most short films run around 10 minutes in length.

If Khara ever wants to fill in the 14 year gap - and god I really hope they don't, it's unnecessary and I'd prefer they finally let Eva rest and focus on new stories - it'll be in a standalone project. Not a special feature bundled with another film.

Can't wait to see this little short. My blu-ray should be arriving tomorrow so doing my best to stay unspoiled!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”