-46h (GENERAL)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChrisTamv
Adam

Re: -46h (GENERAL)

•      
  •      

Postby ChrisTamv » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:58 am

Kaworu wasn't lying. Humanity blames Shinji for the current state the World. In 3.0+1.0, Midori says this to Shinji:

Midori: "You're a disease! Do you know what humanity's been through thanks to you and your Near Third Impact!? This is all your fault, you and your father...! I won't let you do it!"

I's true that Shinji is blamed for the N3I, but the N3I seems to have a connection with the current state of the World (we just don't know what is the connection). So, Shinji is blamed for the state of the World as Kaworu said.

Here Shinji is once again blamed for Near Third Impact specifically, as it's the case in every single instance where he is blamed for the destruction by anyone except Kaworu. Even at the Wunder where Misato explained Shinji's responsibility by even showing him footage of the event, she didn't even bring up actual Third Impact, which makes zero sense if we was also responsible for it due to its much greater magnitude.

Now, going by the translation of this specific quote, Midori is also including Gendo here, so it makes sense why she talks about how much humanity in general has suffered.

Another proof that Kaworu wasn't lying is because he's the only character to explain to the audience what is the N3I. Other characters don't explain what is the N3I, they only mention that N3I had horrible consequences. So, the story works with the idea that Kaworu's explanation was the truth.

I'm not saying that Kaworu said absolutely no truth whatsoever. I'm also certainly not saying that he saw Shinji as just a tool, rather that according to this interpretation he ultimately would use him as one. Anyways, it just makes no sense for absolutely no one to bring up Third Impact even once in 2 movies, not even people who legitimately hate Shinji and would therefore be prone to portray him in the worst possible light and even overreact.

Who knows though, you might be right, in which case though the writing here is greatly impaired. There is no universe function we know of prior that could explain a supposed connection between N3I and 3I, so to have that single handedly explain an integral part of the conflict in these 2 movies, have Kaworu out of everyone else be the only one who tells Shinji the truth for some reason about this, and not explain said universe function a little bit or even bring it up again is just bad, jarring writing imo.

PS: I don't think Shinji will be against to use an Impact to repair the World, but I'm not even sure an Impact is really necessary for this. Shinji doesn't need to start a Sixth Impact (?) to repair the World in 3.0+1.0 (he just uses Eva-01 and the Spear of Gaius).

I actually think this interpretation is the most likely, that Additional Impact was cancelled by Shinji and that Gaius was used to physically pierce each Unit therefore making them disappear from that point onwards, instead of Shinji taking over Additional Impact and having his wish granted by it, while Gaius was used for said Impact like the previous Spears.

Even though Kaworu possibly omitting information about his plan isn't the main reason why I'm calling him a liar, I want to note that the world isn't really repaired in 3.0+1.0's finale (something Kaworu explicitly says he want to do), and it never seems like Kaworu's intention was ever to destroy the Evas. On the contrary, he always talks about fulfilling Shinji's "wish" and stuff, and well that's exactly what the Impacts do down to the specific wording according to Ritsuko during N3I in 2.0. I just can't think of what else Kaworu would want to do with 2 Spears and the Adam Unit 13 if not to cause another Impact, and I certainly don't think Shinji would just go with this and have no problem with this proposition after everything that happened.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:20 pm

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:Here Shinji is once again blamed for Near Third Impact specifically, as it's the case in every single instance where he is blamed for the destruction by anyone except Kaworu. Even at the Wunder where Misato explained Shinji's responsibility by even showing him footage of the event, she didn't even bring up actual Third Impact, which makes zero sense if we was also responsible for it due to its much greater magnitude.

Misato didn't show footage about the event. In 3.0+1.0, Misato just mentioned the responsability for the N3I should be hers since Shinji was her subordinate.

Again. The N3I is treated as a terrible thing by humans. We don't know the exact connection between N3I and the Third Impact, but that's the reason why Shinji is blamed for the state of the World.

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:Anyways, it just makes no sense for absolutely no one to bring up Third Impact even once in 2 movies, not even people who legitimately hate Shinji and would therefore be prone to portray him in the worst possible light and even overreact.

The weird thing is even if it isn't Shinji related, when the characters speak about the most dangerous moment in their lives, they speak about the Near Third Impact (not the Third Impact).

Kensuke: At that time, I didn't think the old man, who survived the Near Third Impact, would die like that in an accident.

Touji: We survived even the Near Third Impact. Have trust in our own luck and in Misato's Wille.

That's why I'm starting to suspect the Near Third Impact just the name that Lilins call the Third Impact that happened between 2.0 and 3.0, but that's just theory so far.

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:Even though Kaworu possibly omitting information about his plan isn't the main reason why I'm calling him a liar, I want to note that the world isn't really repaired in 3.0+1.0's finale (something Kaworu explicitly says he want to do), and it never seems like Kaworu's intention was ever to destroy the Evas. On the contrary, he always talks about fulfilling Shinji's "wish" and stuff, and well that's exactly what the Impacts do down to the specific wording according to Ritsuko during N3I in 2.0. I just can't think of what else Kaworu would want to do with 2 Spears and the Adam Unit 13 if not to cause another Impact, and I certainly don't think Shinji would just go with this and have no problem with this proposition after everything that happened.

What do you me by the Earth not being repaired? In 3.0+1.0, we could see that the Earth isn't Red anymore after Shinji used the Spear of Gaius and Eva-01.

Also, Kaworu mentioned how he was planning to do to repair the Earth in 3.0:

Kaworu: And when used with Unit 13, the spears will allow us to repair the World.

This seems pretty similar to what Shinji does with Eva-01 and the Spear of Gaius to repair the World in 3.0+1.0.

It's true that Kaworu doesn't mention to destroy the Eva, but it has never been mentioned a connection between the Red Earth and the Evas.

PS: Not saying Kaworu didn't hide things. It's pretty likely Kaworu was planning to sacrifice himself to repair the World (as Shinji almost did in 3.0+1.0). I suspect Shinji will be against that sacrifice a lot more than using an Impact to repair the World.

ChrisTamv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ChrisTamv » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Misato didn't show footage about the event. In 3.0+1.0, Misato just mentioned the responsability for the N3I should be hers since Shinji was her subordinate.

In the beginning of 3.0 Misato showed footage of N3I to Shinji during her debriefing. Also, she only resolved her dilemma and claimed responsibility for N3I in the middle of 3.0+1.0. She hadn't done that prior that point.

Again. The N3I is treated as a terrible thing by humans. We don't know the exact connection between N3I and the Third Impact, but that's the reason why Shinji is blamed for the state of the World.

Obviously N3I was bad. It flattened a city, the surrounding area, and killed a bunch of people. However, I still disagree, and believe Shinji is blamed for N3I specifically by the rest of the cast.

That's why I'm starting to suspect the Near Third Impact just the name that Lilins call the Third Impact that happened between 2.0 and 3.0, but that's just theory so far.

The two quotes you provided do make sense though in the context of N3I. Kensuke and his family were close to the epicenter of N3I. They could had easily died just like other less fortunate folks.

What do you me by the Earth not being repaired? In 3.0+1.0, we could see that the Earth isn't Red anymore after Shinji used the Spear of Gaius and Eva-01.

That's true, but no damage aside of the red L-field contamination has been repaired.

Also, Kaworu mentioned how he was planning to do to repair the Earth in 3.0:

Kaworu: And when used with Unit 13, the spears will allow us to repair the World.

This seems pretty similar to what Shinji does with Eva-01 and the Spear of Gaius to repair the World in 3.0+1.0.

It's true that Kaworu doesn't mention to destroy the Eva, but it has never been mentioned a connection between the Red Earth and the Evas.

Again, even though omittance of information is not my main argument regarding Kaworu's lies, I do think your interpretation here is also plausible.

PS: Not saying Kaworu didn't hide things. It's pretty likely Kaworu was planning to sacrifice himself to repair the World (as Shinji almost did in 3.0+1.0). I suspect Shinji will be against that sacrifice a lot more than using an Impact to repair the World.

That's fair. However, supposing you're correct and Kaworu wanted to repair Earth's destruction by piercing all Evas, why would he want Shinji to pilot Unit 13 with him in the 3.0 finale? In 3.0+1.0, anyone still inside an Eva while it's getting pierced disappears alongside it. If Kaworu wanted to be that sacrifice wouldn't he have to force - eject Shinji to prevent this from happening to him?

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:14 pm

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:That's fair. However, supposing you're correct and Kaworu wanted to repair Earth's destruction by piercing all Evas, why would he want Shinji to pilot Unit 13 with him in the 3.0 finale? In 3.0+1.0, anyone still inside an Eva while it's getting pierced disappears alongside it. If Kaworu wanted to be that sacrifice wouldn't he have to force - eject Shinji to prevent this from happening to him?

Kaworu mentioned that two souls are needed to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and Cassius, which is the reason why Eva-13 was created to have two pilots. Also, Shinji helping to repair the World will grant him the forgiveness from Lilins.

Kaworu: Two souls are needed to retrieve the two Spears. Hence the doubly entry plug system.

It's possible Kaworu planned to force-eject Shinji in 3.0 after they activate the power of the Spears to repair the World (like Shinji ejected Asuka from Eva-13).

Another thing, I don't know if piercing all the Evas was necessary to repair the World. However, Eva-01 piercing itself with the Spear of Gaius seems to be necessary for the ritual. That's why I think Kaworu will need to pierce Eva-13 to repair the World (which would likely kill him).

ChrisTamv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ChrisTamv » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:52 pm

Kaworu mentioned that two souls are needed to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and Cassius, which is the reason why Eva-13 was created to have two pilots. Also, Shinji helping to repair the World will grant him the forgiveness from Lilins.

Kaworu: Two souls are needed to retrieve the two Spears. Hence the doubly entry plug system.

Indeed. I forgot that in 3.0+1.0 Unit 13 once again has 2 souls inside it (Kaworu's and that of Asuka's original) when it carried the two Spears. By the way, any idea why Kaworu needed a Spear of Cassius and Longinus specifically and freaked out when he saw 2 Longinus Spears? Gendo is also surprised in 3.0+1.0 when Shinji is able to turn Longinus into Cassius at will, so it's possible Kaworu doesn't know of this property either, but then again what ritual would specifically require each type?

The only one I can think of is an Impact akin to Additional Impact, where a Longinus and Cassius are both used on Eva Imaginary.

Another thing, I don't know if piercing all the Evas was necessary to repair the World. However, Eva-01 piercing itself with the Spear of Gaius seems to be necessary for the ritual. That's why I think Kaworu will need to pierce Eva-13 to repair the World (which would likely kill him).

My interpretation is that L-field contamination is caused by the presence of Evas / Angels so that's why it disappears in 3.0+1.0 when both these entities (especially the FoI) are completely gone. It would make sense for such a clean - up to be possible by not necessarily destroying all Evas but a high enough number of them.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:52 pm

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:That's true, but no damage aside of the red L-field contamination has been repaired.

I think it's important to mention that Kaworu never says all damage and lost will be recovered. He talks about repairing the World to give Lilins hope (in 3.0+1.0, we discover the dangerous situation they live) and helping Shinji to find hope, redemption and peace of mind.

It's Shinji's wish to escape the pain which leads him to expect everything could be as before.

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:Indeed. I forgot that in 3.0+1.0 Unit 13 once again has 2 souls inside it (Kaworu's and that of Asuka's original) when it carried the two Spears. By the way, any idea why Kaworu needed a Spear of Cassius and Longinus specifically and freaked out when he saw 2 Longinus Spears? Gendo is also surprised in 3.0+1.0 when Shinji is able to turn Longinus into Cassius at will, so it's possible Kaworu doesn't know of this property either, but then again what ritual would specifically require each type?

The only one I can think of is an Impact akin to Additional Impact, where a Longinus and Cassius are both used on Eva Imaginary.

Considering Gendo planned to create the Additional Impact but he didn't expect Shinji to turn a Spear of Longinus into a Spear of Cassius, we could assume two Spears of Longinus could start the Additional Impact.

The Spear of Longinus and Cassius are the Spears of Despair and Hope respectively. This seems to imply there is a strong connection between both spears, maybe that's the reason why he needs each type to repair the World. Also, it's unlikely two Spears of Despair could repair the World.

That said, Kaworu wasn't clear about the situation when he see the two Spears of Longinus in 3.0. He knows two Spears of Longinus was a bad sign, but he doesn't know what will happen when Eva-13 takes them. The trigger for the Fourth Impact was Kaworu becoming the 13th Angel, which he didn't expect at all

View Original PostChrisTamv wrote:My interpretation is that L-field contamination is caused by the presence of Evas / Angels so that's why it disappears in 3.0+1.0 when both these entities (especially the FoI) are completely gone. It would make sense for such a clean - up to be possible by not necessarily destroying all Evas but a high enough number of them.

I remember that theory. I don't really agree, because the sea was red (due to Second Impact) before the Eva or FoL existed.

In general, Shinji's mentality at the end of 3.0+1.0 is wanting to help others. That's why he wants to dissapears the Evas, which has caused pain to people he cares.

However, Shinji's wish isn't exclusively dissapear Evas, but all aspects related to the Evas. That's why I think he uses the power to dissapear the Red Earth too (not to mention that he knows the constant danger this represents for humanity).

PS: Asuka is human and 28 years old at the end. So, Shinji's power at that time isn't only to dissapear Evas.

writer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby writer » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:07 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I don't really understand this thing about Shinji being the trigger, maybe it'll be somewhat explained in -46h. We see that every time the impact is resumed (near third, fourth, final), it needs a new trigger (an angel sacrifice to awaken an eva). There's no reason third impact proper would be any different, so I don't understand Shinji's role in all this.

N3I happened at the end of Ha, stopped by a spear. So if I had to guess, the removal of the spear from Eva01 would resume the impact, leading to proper 3I. That would make Eva01, in which Shinji is absorbed, the trigger.
Shinji did nothing wrong!

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:03 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:PS: Asuka is human and 28 years old at the end. So, Shinji's power at that time isn't only to dissapear Evas.

I don’t think Asuka was really human to begin with, you know, since she’s an artificially created clone like Rei and Kaworu. So eliminating everything that has to do with the EVAs would have also mean that the clones wouldn’t have even existed in the first place, since their sole purpose and reason for living is tied exclusively to them.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:21 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:N3I happened at the end of Ha, stopped by a spear. So if I had to guess, the removal of the spear from Eva01 would resume the impact, leading to proper 3I. That would make Eva01, in which Shinji is absorbed, the trigger.

The problem is that it opens another question: we saw the Actual Third Impact generated by the Mark.06 and Lilith amalgam in Thrice, so if we assume that the Cassius impaling Unit 01 was removed to stop that Impact and that as a consequence Unit 01 awoke again and restarted it, then how was Unit 01 stopped then? Did they have another Cassius lying around?

As an aside, that also rises the question of why would Unit 01 try again to trigger an Impact: it doesn't seem to have a will of its own, it's either Yui or Shinji who control it, N3I was triggered by Shinji pushing the Eva beyond its limits to save Rei, but at the end of 2.0 he did saved her, and stayed dormant from here to 3.0, we do know that he could still unconsciously activate it in this state (seen when he saved Asuka at the beginning of 3.0, even if there are no indications that he remembers doing it), but what would be his impetus to awake the Eva again since he succeeded in the task he awoke it for?
And I also can't see Yui or Rei triggering the Impact just for shits and giggles.

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I don’t think Asuka was really human to begin with, you know, since she’s an artificially created clone like Rei and Kaworu. So eliminating everything that has to do with the EVAs would have also mean that the clones wouldn’t have even existed in the first place, since their sole purpose and reason for living is tied exclusively to them.

Shinji didn't modified the past to erase everything related to the Evas and Angels and leaving the rest to the law of causation, he actually reverted the core erosion on the land and seas, also reverted the FoIs to the individual humans and animals that constituted them, destroyed all the Evas currently existing (so the head of Unit 02, logically all the Eva drones and the Marks.07 that neo-NERV built for the past 14 years, Unit 08 too apparently - unless that was Mari who destroyed it herself), or else Unit 13's entry plug and the Wunder's escape pods wouldn't had appeared in the Village, and finally recreated a body for Asuka as it would had been had the Unit 03 incident and Angel infection never happened.
For Rei and Kaworu it's trickier since we're not 100% sure of what happened to them: for Rei, Shinji's lines that Rei Q found a place that she could call home and that Rei II could do the same could mean that he created a new body for her and sent her back to the Village too (and logically one that won't need regular calibration, or else her new life won't last long), and for Kaworu, Shinji's promise that they will meet again could mean either that Kaworu moved on to the next iteration of the universe (with his newfound life lesson to find his own happiness instead of trying to be happy through Shinji) and that they'll meet again there, or that he too was sent back to the Village (to follow his conversation with Kaji when he invited him to tend the fields with him and Misato) and it's Shinji who ended in another universe (the real world in the last scene) and that they'll met again one day in another universe.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:16 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:if I had to guess, the removal of the spear from Eva01 would resume the impact, leading to proper 3I. That would make Eva01, in which Shinji is absorbed, the trigger.

But third impact is about to be resumed by an angel in 3.0, so it leads me to think that third impact proper was caused by that angel (who took control of mark.06 to reach Lilith and fuse with it?) and not humans. I find it doubtful unit 01 would have caused it for that reason...

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:27 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:But third impact is about to be resumed by an angel in 3.0, so it leads me to think that third impact proper was caused by that angel (who took control of mark.06 to reach Lilith and fuse with it?) and not humans. I find it doubtful unit 01 would have caused it for that reason...

Gendo's explanations in Thrice says that Third Impact did it's job of "purifying the land", while Fourth Impact (the one SEELE tried to trigger in 3.0) was supposed to be the final one to "purify the souls", so logically that means that the Actual Third Impact after 2.0 was under SEELE's control.
My guess is that the 12th Angel was simply the one that Mark.06 devoured to awake and start the ritual, and that the 14 years in stasis inside it let the 12th Angel regenerate (to be then immediately eaten by Unit 13 after being freed, being 12th Angel is suffering :tongue: )
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:45 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
C.T.1290 wrote:I don’t think Asuka was really human to begin with, you know, since she’s an artificially created clone like Rei and Kaworu. So eliminating everything that has to do with the EVAs would have also mean that the clones wouldn’t have even existed in the first place, since their sole purpose and reason for living is tied exclusively to them.

Shinji didn't modified the past to erase everything related to the Evas and Angels and leaving the rest to the law of causation, he actually reverted the core erosion on the land and seas, also reverted the FoIs to the individual humans and animals that constituted them, destroyed all the Evas currently existing (so the head of Unit 02, logically all the Eva drones and the Marks.07 that neo-NERV built for the past 14 years, Unit 08 too apparently - unless that was Mari who destroyed it herself), or else Unit 13's entry plug and the Wunder's escape pods wouldn't had appeared in the Village, and finally recreated a body for Asuka as it would had been had the Unit 03 incident and Angel infection never happened.
For Rei and Kaworu it's trickier since we're not 100% sure of what happened to them: for Rei, Shinji's lines that Rei Q found a place that she could call home and that Rei II could do the same could mean that he created a new body for her and sent her back to the Village too (and logically one that won't need regular calibration, or else her new life won't last long), and for Kaworu, Shinji's promise that they will meet again could mean either that Kaworu moved on to the next iteration of the universe (with his newfound life lesson to find his own happiness instead of trying to be happy through Shinji) and that they'll meet again there, or that he too was sent back to the Village (to follow his conversation with Kaji when he invited him to tend the fields with him and Misato) and it's Shinji who ended in another universe (the real world in the last scene) and that they'll met again one day in another universe.

Yeah all this, and also it'd be a really weird and incongruous way of ending the movie/series to have Shinji spend his last moments with these three helping them let go of their past baggage, helping them realize their own new reasons for living, and giving them each a chance at a normal life only for him to erase them from existence right after.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

writer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby writer » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:01 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:The problem is that it opens another question: we saw the Actual Third Impact generated by the Mark.06 and Lilith amalgam in Thrice, so if we assume that the Cassius impaling Unit 01 was removed to stop that Impact and that as a consequence Unit 01 awoke again and restarted it, then how was Unit 01 stopped then? Did they have another Cassius lying around?

As an aside, that also rises the question of why would Unit 01 try again to trigger an Impact: it doesn't seem to have a will of its own, it's either Yui or Shinji who control it, N3I was triggered by Shinji pushing the Eva beyond its limits to save Rei, but at the end of 2.0 he did saved her, and stayed dormant from here to 3.0, we do know that he could still unconsciously activate it in this state (seen when he saved Asuka at the beginning of 3.0, even if there are no indications that he remembers doing it), but what would be his impetus to awake the Eva again since he succeeded in the task he awoke it for?
And I also can't see Yui or Rei triggering the Impact just for shits and giggles.

I would argue that no one had control over Eva01 at this point in the ritual. Why would Yui or Shinji allow Eva01 to destroy the world if they had control? According to Ritsuko, Eva01 became a God to grant a single human's wish. Due to its creation, all life previous to its creation must be destroyed. In this state of being, 3I becomes an inevitability. The spear could only halt the ritual. We also know that Shinji, once retreived from Eva01, has no memory of anything beyond saving Ayanami. This means that, if Eva01 is the trigger, Shinji has no memory of it.

I think now about the failures of infinity. Perhaps Eva01 has the spear removed, opens the Doors of Guf, and is then beheaded to kill the God and stop the ritual. Its body is then sealed and launched into space so that no one can use it again, or maybe because of the general state of mind of all the survivors. They all want to punish Shinji, sending him to space forever seems reasonable. I'm sure it was very difficult for many of the survivors to accept Eva01's return, even if it was required to bring Wunder online.
Shinji did nothing wrong!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:12 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:I think now about the failures of infinity. Perhaps Eva01 has the spear removed, opens the Doors of Guf, and is then beheaded to kill the God and stop the ritual. Its body is then sealed and launched into space so that no one can use it again, or maybe because of the general state of mind of all the survivors. They all want to punish Shinji, sending him to space forever seems reasonable. I'm sure it was very difficult for many of the survivors to accept Eva01's return, even if it was required to bring Wunder online.

I guess we'll have our answer in 10 days.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:38 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I guess we'll have our answer in 10 days.

Or it's just going to be a big tease and will leave us even more confused than we already are :emogendo: (classic evangelion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:03 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Or it's just going to be a big tease and will leave us even more confused than we already are :emogendo: (classic evangelion)

The teaser image showed us A3I, so we'll at least get something, still more than what we got in the movies. :D

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:36 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:As an aside, that also rises the question of why would Unit 01 try again to trigger an Impact: it doesn't seem to have a will of its own, it's either Yui or Shinji who control it, N3I was triggered by Shinji pushing the Eva beyond its limits to save Rei, but at the end of 2.0 he did saved her, and stayed dormant from here to 3.0, we do know that he could still unconsciously activate it in this state (seen when he saved Asuka at the beginning of 3.0, even if there are no indications that he remembers doing it), but what would be his impetus to awake the Eva again since he succeeded in the task he awoke it for?

I think the point was that the Third Impact in 2.0 wasn't totally stopped, so it will restart when the spear of Longinus was removed from Eva-01.

My current theory is is the Spear of Cassius couldn't contain the Third Impact of Eva-01 anymore, then they send it to the space so the Third Impact wouldn't affect the Earth (and that could explain why the moon was corified). However, this still has consequences and awakened Lilith, causing her to start the Third Impact.

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Or it's just going to be a big tease and will leave us even more confused than we already are :emogendo: (classic evangelion)

I think we will get more information this time.

I mean, it isn't coincidence Midori will have focus on this. She's the character who is really mad for Shinji's N3I, but we will see her reaction to the Third Impact.

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:32 pm

Do we know the length of it?
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:36 pm

https://www.eva-info.jp/18821

◆『シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版』Blu-ray&DVD発売記念スペシャルナイト上映会◆
・日時:2023年3月10日(金)17:45開演(終演予定 22:55)
・劇場:新宿バルト9

【イベント内容】
上映:
1)「EVANGELION:3.0(-46h)」他
2)『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q EVANGELION:3.333 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO.』
3)『シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版 EVANGELION:3.0+1.11 THRICE UPON A TIME』

※途中休憩あり、スペシャルゲストトークPARTが2と3の間に予定されています。
※Blu-rayでの上映となります。

【スペシャルゲストトーク登壇者】(予定)
式波・アスカ・ラングレー役:宮村優子
北上ミドリ役:伊瀬茉莉也

◆"Shin Evangelion the Movie" Blu-ray & DVD Release Commemoration Special Night Screening
Date: Friday, March 10, 2023, 17:45 (scheduled to end at 22:55)
Theater: Shinjuku Wald 9

Event Details
Screening:
1) "EVANGELION:3.0(-46h)" and others
2) "EVANGELION:Q EVANGELION:3.333 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO.
3) "Shin Evangelion the Movie: EVANGELION:3.0+1.11 THRICE UPON A TIME

*There will be an intermission, and a special guest talk PART is scheduled between 2 and 3.
*This will be shown on Blu-ray.

Special Guest Talk Speakers] (tentative)
Yuko Miyamura as Shikinami Asuka Langley
Mariya Ise as Kitakami Midori

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Based on this there's about 40 min of free time in this schedule, and since we know that time is divided between -46h and the guest talk with Asuka and Midori's seiyuu, I'd estimate somewhere around 20 min give or take a few minutes
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:34 pm

The fact that Asuka and Midori's VAs are the special guests of this official screening pretty much confirms that -46h will have them as the main POV characters.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”