Shin Eva - Official Blu-ray Release 2022!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Re: Shin Eva - Official Blu-ray Release 2022!

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:23 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:
View Original PostDeepL'd wrote:The bride will be married on the night train.
She's getting married on a night train
With her picture in her heart
To the town by the sea
Burned for life
Love is coming true
I can't go back, no matter what
I promise in my heart

I've packed a little bag
My bridal gown
Blooming on a hill in my hometown
A bouquet of wild chrysanthemums
Burned for life
Love is about to be born.
The bride who left everything behind
Ride the night train
On the Night Train.

Mari totally chose this song on purpose to rile up Asuka! No wonder she told her to shut up! :mari_ahaha:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Miyamura has also praised -46h and -120min earlier today

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2271192/full/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eM7xAseeieU

DeepL'd wrote: Looking back on the offer of the new bonus video, Miyamura said, "With the release of the disc, I received a call saying, 'There will be a bonus video, so there will be postrecording. Then came the script, and I was told that I would be voicing a manga ("EVANGELION: 3.0 (-120 min.)") that was in a thin book, and my past with Midori was revealed ("EVANGELION: 3.0 (-46h)"). I was surprised to see this happen," he reveals. Ise commented on "EVANGELION: 3.0 (-46h)," "I never dreamed that Midori would be spotlighted in the new video. I was surprised to know that Midori had such a backbone and that is why she is the Midori she is today
 About "EVANGELION: 3.0 (-120min.)," Miyamura again said, "The manga itself is emo and precious. I worked on the ville day in and day out, not knowing when I was going to pick up Shinji, although it was probably sometime in the future. In the midst of all this, I watched him thinking, 'Oh no, I've already done that...' The feelings before finally going into that kind of operation. When I played that role, I was happy, and I thought, 'Finally, the time has come. It's complicated. Part of me is happy and part of me wants to punch him in the face. But I want to see him one more time.... I think that was probably the same feeling that was in everyone's heart. Asuka's state of mind also changed, but Miyamura said, "She is subtle, as if she is opening her heart to Mari or hiding it, but she trusts her. She is prepared to make her own decisions, but she is also a maiden..." She agonized as she recalled her feelings and said, "Emo! I thought, 'Is the author a genius?' I thought, 'Is the author a genius

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:11 am

I was a little surprised the booklet has no Shin Eva settei. Just for the two shorts.
Though we are getting Shin Eva artbook(s) sooner rather than later. That Project Shin Eva book might even include that stuff.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:51 am

Can anyone translate the Introduction/Forward page in the booklet? I always liked reading his view of the project overall with each home video release and I would like to see his final thoughts on the last film now that it's in the hands of people in their homes.

SPOILER: Show
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:57 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Can anyone translate the Introduction/Forward page in the booklet? I always liked reading his view of the project overall with each home video release and I would like to see his final thoughts on the last film now that it's in the hands of people in their homes.

Do you have the booklet physically? If you do, could you take pictures of the paragraphs individually? It's kinda hard to make out what the smaller middle one says.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:23 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Can anyone translate the Introduction/Forward page in the booklet? I always liked reading his view of the project overall with each home video release and I would like to see his final thoughts on the last film now that it's in the hands of people in their homes.

First paragrphs is explaning the release versions of Shin, followed by the previous movies, culminating with the 2006 announcement mission statement with the whole "Eva is a story that repeats" of which that middle paragraph is a full quote. Ends with I ended Eva twice before, this is the third, like the poster said this is my last, it made a lot of money, maybe it will repeat in the future.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:09 am

Is that written by Anno? Cause he doesn't sign it.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:30 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:First paragrphs is explaning the release versions of Shin, followed by the previous movies, culminating with the 2006 announcement mission statement with the whole "Eva is a story that repeats" of which that middle paragraph is a full quote. Ends with I ended Eva twice before, this is the third, like the poster said this is my last, it made a lot of money, maybe it will repeat in the future.

Anno knows where the money is. :lol:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:59 am

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:14 pm

Do we know who that lady is who is the body template for the GNR?
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:07 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Do we know who that lady is who is the body template for the GNR?

While there may have been a human reference at some stage in the process, every single one of these is a 3DCG model.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:11 am

Collected screenshots from the making of

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:08 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Collected screenshots from the making of

aaaaah who tf's giant hand was this?!

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:aaaaah who tf's giant hand was this?!

I guess the hand was from Rei or Eva-01, since Shinji will meet Rei inside Eva-01 in the next scene.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:
View Original Postkuribo-04#939910 wrote:Collected screenshots from the making of

My guess is either Rei or Unit 01's hand.

On the screenshot of the 3D WIP of the force feeding scene, I found it funny how they still use Asuka's pre-3.333 model (the red plugsuit with the white pauldrons), did we ever got an explanation of why did Khara retconned Asuka and Mari's plugsuit?

AsukaShikinami10
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 pm

nerv bae wrote:

I think it is safe to assume it's Unit 01's hand, as it is eva-sized and has no nails; unlike Giant Rei hands. Eva Imaginary's hands are way bigger than that, as seen when the Wunder Is trying to pass through them to reach for Shinji with the Lance of Gaius.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Okay, it's Unit 01's hand, but we know that wormhole goes right into Unit 01's entry plug, so, lol at the general thought of Unit 01 getting her hand through there somehow.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:20 pm

View Original PostAsukaShikinami10 wrote:I think it is safe to assume it's Unit 01's hand, as it is eva-sized and has no nails; unlike Giant Rei hands. Eva Imaginary's hands are way bigger than that, as seen when the Wunder Is trying to pass through them to reach for Shinji with the Lance of Gaius.

I notice the hand had no nails. However, if the hand is from Rei, I'd assume it's covered by her plugsuit.

To be clear, when I said Rei, I didn't mean Eva Imaginary. I thought it could be Rei II projecting a giant hand. In that scene, Shinji is calling Rei II, so the hand should be send by her.

That said, the hand being Eva-01's hand would be the more simple answer.

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 pm

Yui's hand? :yui_grin:

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:21 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:Yui's hand? :yui_grin:

If they had let it in the final movie, it would have made more sense how Shinji can simply teleport himself into the Eva-01 entry plug pot of nowhere.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”