Does Unit-01 grow in size or did Evangelion 13 diminish in size in Shin?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Registration
Embryo

Does Unit-01 grow in size or did Evangelion 13 diminish in size in Shin?

•      
  •      

Postby Registration » Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 pm

We know that before 3.0, Unit-01 was 80m, in 3.0, 13 is clearly taller than Unit-02 and Unit-08. And we barely did see Unit-01 in 3.0, since it was in the space prison or being used as an engine for Wunder.

But then in the spear scene or fight scenes, they are in same size, does the movie explain it or it is all brushed off to oblivion?

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Does Unit-01 grow in size or did Evangelion 13 diminish in size in Shin?

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:55 pm

More importantly, why is Unit 01 corified or why has it's armour turned to core?
I watch and speculate.

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Wed May 26, 2021 4:08 pm

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:More importantly, why is Unit 01 corified or why has it's armour turned to core?

Might have to do with it being used as the Wunder engine. Remember when Asuka is first sent to "insert the plug", some concerned is voiced around the L-field density around the main engine (not sure why this would be a danger for Asuka, but maybe it was so strong that not even advanced-stage Lilim+ such as her could withstand it?).

I believe it is the L-field that turns things into core (and lilim such as Fuyutsuki into Tang), as demonstrated by the anti-L system pillar restoring Paris when it is finally activated.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 26, 2021 4:23 pm

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:Might have to do with it being used as the Wunder engine. Remember when Asuka is first sent to "insert the plug", some concerned is voiced around the L-field density around the main engine (not sure why this would be a danger for Asuka, but maybe it was so strong that not even advanced-stage Lilim+ such as her could withstand it?).

I believe it is the L-field that turns things into core (and lilim such as Fuyutsuki into Tang), as demonstrated by the anti-L system pillar restoring Paris when it is finally activated.

I think that the worry was more about Asuka's Eva being turned to core, the same way Unit 08 had its arm crippled by its contact with the awakened EVA-13 to eject Shinji. Unit 02 circumvented the problem by using its robotic arm and immediately ejecting it once the Wunder engine was connected to EVA-01.

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:More importantly, why is Unit 01 corified or why has it's armour turned to core?

I think it's its armor that was turned to core, as for why, it's probably simply because it constantly emits a shitton of L-Barrier radiation, it could also be a combination of that and being entombed in the tesseract in space and then in the Wunder main engine, making it "stew" in its L-Barrier radiation for a long period of time.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sat May 29, 2021 5:37 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I think that the worry was more about Asuka's Eva being turned to core, the same way Unit 08 had its arm crippled by its contact with the awakened EVA-13 to eject Shinji. Unit 02 circumvented the problem by using its robotic arm and immediately ejecting it once the Wunder engine was connected to EVA-01.

This makes a lot of sense. But still, Asuka says something about the value of human life (人命) and the importance
of the mission taking priority, or something along those lines while launching (can't remember the exact quote, and I got it from ear, not sure about the actual kanji either, so I might be mistaken...)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat May 29, 2021 3:46 pm

It's worth noting that when EVA 01 lasers the nemesis series during Q's prologue, it and the interior of the tesseract are pretty red.

Either that gradually happened after EVA 01 was speared (and spread to the ground, cause it to be shot up and quarantined, but it was too late...)
Or it happened during the actual Third Impact, if we go by the theory that EVA 01 was unsealed during it.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

DantesInferno
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sat May 29, 2021 6:37 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:It's worth noting that when EVA 01 lasers the nemesis series during Q's prologue, it and the interior of the tesseract are pretty red.

Minor nitpick: I think only the 4c (the “pillars of light” one they engage at the arctic? sea) is called Nemesis Series. The 4a and 4b they engage in space during Operation US are not.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:28 pm

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:
View Original Postwiser3754#923634 wrote:More importantly, why is Unit 01 corified or why has it's armour turned to core?

Might have to do with it being used as the Wunder engine.

Unit 01 is already corified before being retrieved. Inside the tesseract, the interior and Unit 01 are core. So my question remains, why is it corified?

Also if it were corified during or after N3I, why weren't the surrounding area and personnel effected?
I watch and speculate.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:02 am

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:Also if it were corified during or after N3I, why weren't the surrounding area and personnel effected?

They likely used angel sealing technology to contain it, the tesseract is likely made of same material.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”