Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Didn't expect to see official version before camrip, leakers seem to be really scared of Japanese movie companies nowadays whereas 10 years ago we got 3.0 camrip fairly soon.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:17 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Didn't expect to see official version before camrip, leakers seem to be really scared of Japanese movie companies nowadays whereas 10 years ago we got 3.0 camrip fairly soon.

The office gossip in Japan is that lack of tourists coming into Japan to see the movie and upload it once they were safely away from TOHO's sphere of influence had something to do with it. If torrent site stats are any information, Japan uploads very little but downloads quite a bit. I guess it's easier to conceal your illegal download of Q than to conceal your illegal upload of Q.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:20 pm

My guess is they did it as a sort of apology for the long wait for 3.0+1.0, especially the last-minute delays due to the pandemic.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Well i can safely unfollow this thread now and just wait an extra month for the real thing (which i actually think is a good outcome haha) ^_^

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”