FINAL Updated NTV Preview Speculation? (Serious ideas only!)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:19 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:And that sort of scares me.

Dude, we're thinking here, not even about a film, but about a possible trailer for a film. Isn't "scares" a bit OTT?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:07 am

You don't understand. One thing I've noticed about Q is that it introduced new character personalities, allegiances, and even symbolism to the series. Right when I'm getting used to that, I'm wondering if Final is going to pull the rug out from under me again.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:You don't understand. One thing I've noticed about Q is that it introduced new character personalities, allegiances, and even symbolism to the series. Right when I'm getting used to that, I'm wondering if Final is going to pull the rug out from under me again.

Of course it will. That's the point of the exercise!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 am

What I mean is that Q established new trends that were not seen seen previously in the series, some of which I've mentioned before (the animal motifs, Asuka and Mari's relationship, etc). I'm wondering if those will continue into the fourth movie, or get replaced yet again. Not that you could ever answer correctly, of course.
Basically, it's really more of a personal worry about whether the theories I've developed based on the third movie are going to hold up in the fourth.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Let's try to remain on topic, Squibs.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Considering we don't even know what the fourth movie preview is going to contain, I think it's safe to start speculating about what might change.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:19 pm

It's always safe for speculation; we have an entire forum with countless threads for that. This thread is for serious speculation and predictions about the TV preview, which is a pretty focused topic. This is not a "general speculation" thread, and all I'm asking is that you remain focused.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

Well, the main thread for speculating about the fourth movie is locked, so. . .

Anyway, yes, I'll be more focused.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:00 pm

OMG i had no idea we would get a preview this early.
just came across this today on tumblr and the guy who posted it stating 4.0 preview September 5th and I'm all like DEAR GOD YES!

Please no direct linking, use an image hosting site like imgur or photobucket instead!

Have Asuka, Shinji & Rei at a campfire in the red dessert at night suddenly unit02/08 lands right next to them shaking the earth, then we hear mari yell out 'Asuka get in the Fucking robot!'

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Have you missed out on this whole thread?

Clearly lol
:facepalm:
I'm here now and I'm ready!

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Well, the long and short of it is that the preview is coming out on september 5th, and we've been discussing what it might contain and how much it might give away or hide about the fourth movie.

This is probably the most excited and nervous I've been for a work of fiction since the seventh Harry Potter book.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:02 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
[URL=http://minus.com/i/bz1vMtKkVWeOr][/URL]

I was looking through older threads, and I found this, what if in the 4.0 Preview we saw a animated version of Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking towards this?

Wille's out of resources my ass....
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Merkaba » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I was looking through older threads, and I found this, what if in the 4.0 Preview we saw a animated version of Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking towards this?

This is the first time I've seen this, and I feel dumb for asking (since nobody else seemed perplexed by it), but… what is this exactly, and where is it from?

NOTE: The image isn't appearing in my quote. Sorry for that. The post I'm quoting appears on Page 5 of this thread.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:28 pm

It's from the 2014/2015 Khara calendar. Thread here. I used the figure in that picture, on the presumption that it's Shinji (see discussion in that thread) as my avatar for a couple of months earlier this year.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm

View Original PostMerkaba wrote:This is the first time I've seen this, and I feel dumb for asking (since nobody else seemed perplexed by it), but… what is this exactly, and where is it from?

NOTE: The image isn't appearing in my quote. Sorry for that. The post I'm quoting appears on Page 5 of this thread.

If you click where I quoted the picture from it should take you to the original thread.

From my understanding it is a picture from the 2014/2015 studio Khara calendar, and the thread I pulled it from where discussing what relation it could have with Eva.

Now there is no official answer to what it could be, but the original thread I got it from had the basic idea that if it was related to Eva it would be a Wille base, I just put it here because I must say it would be quite amazing if we saw a more completed version of this in the 4.0 preview with say Shinji walking towards it.

Edit- didn't see you there Pwhodges.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Since the hint dropping didn't work
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: You can theorize all you want about what happened with the state of the world during 3.0 in the appropriate thread, but the fact of the matter is we won't know until Final.

I moved the state of the world talk into the above thread, please take anymore talk there.

Bit of a messy split/merge, thread left off here:

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Also this is considering that we get a "longer" preview than normal, which as of now is only 13 days away, can't wait. :gendoscheme:

A little more than 1 week til the Preview! Wooo!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Here’s an interesting thought. I don’t know if anyone has really mean tined this in this particular context yet.

We all know the updated version of the preview showcasing Ha footage was very similar to the one at the end of Jo, but with only updated animation. Yet the updated preview for Q didn’t look anything at all like the footage showcased at the end of Ha, and this is most certainly because none of that older footage would be in the new film at all.

There are many different ideas as to why this happens, but there are other threads for that.

The point is that seeing new scenarios in the updated preview wasn’t really supposed to be standard for these things. It was supposed to be different, foreshadowing a completely different movie than the one we thought we were gonna have.

So the question is, should we expect different footage for FINAL in the NTV preview that wasn’t showcased at the end of Q? And if we do see a different scenario in the new preview, should we expect that we won’t see the scenario played out at the end of Q to appear in FINAL?

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:21 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote: And if we do see a different scenario in the new preview, should we expect that we won’t see the scenario played out at the end of Q to appear in FINAL?

That is a very thought provoking context, and even if I wanted to disagree you could be right about it judging from the past.

I've said this before I just want something new, we have next to no official information on 4.0 besides the 3.0 preview. So quite frankly I just want to see more.

And I would say that being optimistic Anno decides to not troll us and actually give us footage of something that will be in Final.

should we expect different footage for FINAL in the NTV preview that wasn’t showcased at the end of Q?

I expect to see new footage that wasn't show cased at the end of 3.0, seriously if we get an graphically only update to Unit 02+08 destroying MP Eva I am going to be disappointed. :headdesk: and that is what I will do for a good hour strait if this is the case.

On another note- Freaky sorry for answering your question out of order, I read it a bit wired, I hope my answer is valid.

Also question with "played out at the end of Q to appear in FINAL?" do you mean the current 3.0 preview or the possible new 3.0 preview?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 pm

^ Yeah, I mean the current preview. If what we see in the new preview isn’t simply an updated animation of the old preview, does this mean that the events in the old preview is irrelevant to the new film?

I honestly don’t know the answer to that myself. Though I agree with you that I would love to see something new in the new preview, I do worry that, the old preview might become irrelevant to the events of FINAL if we did see something new.

We won’t know until both the new preview and FINAL are properly watched. Either way, it’s even more reason to be worried/confused/anticipant about what Anno’s doing.

SSJ Spartan01
Adam

Postby SSJ Spartan01 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:02 pm

I knew exactly what I wanted to speculate for the Final preview before I clicked this thread, but I see Warren already beat me to it: the exact same false preview for 3.0 only replacing the upcoming title of the movie to "Final". Good call. haha. If any of us were to post accurate speculation of 3.0 in a past serious thread then many of us probably would've seen it as a joke. That being said, and I've already said this multiple times, I predict everything associated with Anno's grand finale, including the work itself, to inhibit his troll/mindf*ck magnum opus.
I speculate Final's preview to be brief, around 10 seconds, and to be the most "suspense" filled one yet; anything to hype up the Final installment to the max. It could be Shinji stumbling upon the source promised to give him hope in the last 4.0 preview, but maybe that source itself won't be completely revealed in the preview. But that's ok, because us fans just need to know Shinji is reinvigorated and ready to throw down for the epic final battle. :asuka_thumbsup:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”