[3.33] Things you noticed

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I think it also served to hammer down how much Shinji's love with Rei are impossible and wrong : she's the clone of his mother, on a genetic level, it's like going out with your mom,

do you know guilty crown ? well in that anime
SPOILER: Show
The main character sister was contaminated with some meteor shard that made her some evolutionary shit that mixed mr sinister experiments from xmen to Rei in evangelion,and she wanted to make out with her younger brother to create a new improved humanity, obviously the boy was grossed out and refused. cut years later he met this gorgeous girl he gets infatuated and just happens to be also a terrorist, you know anime love bs goes on, and in the end of the first season he learn the girl is actuall HER SISTER CLONE..he still loves her anyway. so there are precedents in anime

s
ANATA BAKA !?

AxisXIViral
Embryo

Postby AxisXIViral » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am

First of all, hey everyone. This will be my first post on the forum. (:

After watching and enjoying 3.33 thoroughly, I've scanned through this entire thread before posting and didn't see mention of this...

Given the image at the bottom of my post....is it safe to assume that an incredibly large portion of, or possibly the entirety of the world (the surface at least) has been reduced to the terrible, barren, strange-teeth covered landscape that we see during Kaworu's explanation? If that is the case...that would most likely mean that Gendo, Fuyutsuki, Shinji, and the crew of the Wunder are the last surviving Lilim on the planet.

Interesting thought, since to my memory, it's not really flat out explained how much destruction has occurred in the last 14 years. It also raises questions about the planet possibly being transformed into some sort of being, or at least giving birth to one, when you take all of the strange anatomical anomalies into account (teeth, eyes, gigantic neurons). I like the whole birth theory too, since there seems to be so much symbolism surrounding that. I'm really hoping that at least some of it is explained/shown in Final. Though I think it's clear that shit is going to get real one way or another. :cringe:

Last edited by AxisXIViral on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated Eva fan for a decade strong! :D

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Has it already been mentiong that the shack where ReiQ lives is fairly straight out of the 2.22 Ommited scene?

2.22 Omitted cuts 0711-0720

Original examination room

Clothes thrown on the floor/box just like in Q
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Has it already been mentiong that the shack where ReiQ lives is fairly straight out of the 2.22 Ommited scene?

Damn i thought i saw that Scene somewhere, yeah it was in the outtakes of 2.22 , where Ritsuko examines her and jokes about getting some nice underwear for Rei?
Pretty creepy..

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 pm

i just noticed the subtly of the psicological drama during the last fight, when Shinji explain his reason to Asuka, she pauses for a moment in disbelief while whispering, you are really a brat, meaning she was just being Asuka in calling him a brat, but then the most curious thing is Shinji reaction,he shivers as if he was deeply hurt by Asuka coments with a expression akin to "no one believes in me" and lashes out at her,maybe Asuka comment was the thing that really set him on doing it,becouse he needed to prove himself to everyone.
ANATA BAKA !?

palerider1911
Adam

Postby palerider1911 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Has it already been mentiong that the shack where ReiQ lives is fairly straight out of the 2.22 Ommited scene?

Is that different from the spot where we've seen Ritsuko giving Rei physical check ups before?

hwdge
Embryo

Postby hwdge » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

when man eats the forbidden fruit, he is cast down and becomes mortal
when eva 13 nom noms the fruit of life/angel core, kaworu is cast down to the 13th angel

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 am

So I went back to theatre for the second viewing and noticed something I didn't first time and numerous viewing of BD, but big screen made it more noticeable.

Gendo can float now?

Was this ever brought up?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:14 am

^ Wow o__o

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 am

It's like you're surprised : like Gendo would let such a trivial thing like the laws of gravity get in his way, even the Apocalypse and Lovecraft couldn't do it! :emogendo:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:i just noticed the subtly of the psicological drama during the last fight, when Shinji explain his reason to Asuka, she pauses for a moment in disbelief while whispering, you are really a brat, meaning she was just being Asuka in calling him a brat, but then the most curious thing is Shinji reaction,he shivers as if he was deeply hurt by Asuka coments with a expression akin to "no one believes in me" and lashes out at her,maybe Asuka comment was the thing that really set him on doing it,becouse he needed to prove himself to everyone.

I keep saying how ppl mustn't underestimate what being forced to fight her must have done to him.

The way Asuka goes very quiet and suddenly sound very old after he states his intentions is probably also mayor.
She might be thinking "How can you be so naive", or she thinks that by "saving the world" he means what Gendo means by that, and that he's willingly working for them, alltough that would also entail the first part. Either way, the depht of her hatred is very apparent.
"Go down quietly!"
Her expression. By "go down", she means "die".
Then again, I can sorta understand why she's so infuriated - if there really was a way to just "save the world", she'd have gone for it herself long ago.
It's like suggesting to just undo 9/11 by timetravel or something. It would look very insensitive if some fictional portrayal did that, because the real people will still be dead - But for Shinji, that possivbility is very real, much more real than the surreal nightmare he found himself in. For him, it's "going back to Kansas", so to speak.
WILLE are also doing just about everything, including f***ing mayor ethics beyond everything every conciously chose to do ("But Misato? Isn't there work being done on the bridge?") to save the sad remainder of the planet, in the end, they would have done the same thing as Shinji if they heard of such a possibility from a reliable source.

It was a bit of a "point of no return", the moment he actually grabbed her weapons and pushed her back.

Either way, the detail put into the expressions thrououghout the movie - Expecially Shinji's - must be praised. Like that scene where he has that "wanting" look when he eyes the broken SDAT player from his bed. Mouth slightly open, eyes shining, everything.

^ Wow o__o

It's just another hologram chamber - We see him and Fuyutsuki standing on a pedestral after the "God's gift" sequence. Then again, didn't that one have a table on it.

Either hologram, or another addition to my theory of extensive adam-like body modification, but I'd be more willing to say "hologram". Or did something this massive really go unmentioned this long?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:31 am

I think Anno became jealous of Manga!Gendo have superpowers with the embryo of Adam. I will not be surprised if in 4.0 he undress and reveal his body covered in tumors and ulcers in the shape of eyes, mouths and other disgusting forms. Is it just me or Gendo began buttoning his shirt up to his neck? Is he ashamed of his new body? His attempt to unite with Lilith promises to be more unpleasant than in EoE.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:It's just another hologram chamber - We see him and Fuyutsuki standing on a pedestral after the "God's gift" sequence. Then again, didn't that one have a table on it.

Either hologram, or another addition to my theory of extensive adam-like body modification, but I'd be more willing to say "hologram". Or did something this massive really go unmentioned this long?

Could be so. But I find it interesting that Anno would portray the particular scene to make him look like he's floating. I don't recall any other monolith hologram showing such element. Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know, wasn't Gendo always on a table during the monolith scenes? As for not being mentioned till now, the scene is really dark and hard to make out much (even with HD quality). The image on the left is close up and tweaked in brightness to make it more clear. I only noticed during the screening in theatres. I personally don't like the idea of Gendo having superhuman powers, but yeah just strange scene.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:03 am

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:I think Anno became jealous of Manga!Gendo have superpowers with the embryo of Adam. I will not be surprised if in 4.0 he undress and reveal his body covered in tumors and ulcers in the shape of eyes, mouths and other disgusting forms. Is it just me or Gendo began buttoning his shirt up to his neck? Is he ashamed of his new body? His attempt to unite with Lilith promises to be more unpleasant than in EoE.

His shirt is still open (see concept art), and he always wore high collars (in bloody eternal summer... That's probably meant to show how little he goes outside/to the surface. He's always wearing sunglasses because he probably can no longer stand the daylight. )

Still, I always said he must have DONE something to himself, especially with Fuyu's "even his very soul" comment, and the way he doesn't seem to have aged at all.
ALL the adults look notably older, even if Misato aged gracefully (poor Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko), but Gendo is just the same. Not a grey hair at bloody sixty.
I always thought the horror factor of what he did in the anime/with his hand was always a bit understated....
What always made me like Gendo is that he applies the same cold logic to himself that he applies to others, that he's very willing to sacrifice his own precious things and even his very body to the cause - that he isn't some selfish hypocrite, so to speak. If it wasn't for that trait, he'd just be another evil madman - but no, Gendo's the real deal, he genuinely thinks there's no other way for this world.

That purity. Strange word to use with a consummate liar who's probably rotting alive, but is IS.
EVA 2 has Rei II (in the "best ending") use that same word in an interesting context.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Not a grey hair at bloody sixty.

Means nothing. My hair was all gray at 50, but my brother's still has its colour at 72 (there's a lot more of it than I have, too).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 am

Interesting... and since this seems to be SEELE's real physical location, it's definitely not a hologram trick. Strange that Gendo doesn't deploy a halo like almost every other levitating being in NME (except Ramiel). Another thing of interest is that the monoliths are also floating...and since these are the real, physical monoliths that would imply SEELE also has levitation powers. Maybe the fact that both SEELE and Gendo are floating symbolises how SEELE have allowed/chosen Gendo to take over their interests?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:12 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I keep saying how ppl mustn't underestimate what being forced to fight her must have done to him.

The way Asuka goes very quiet and suddenly sound very old after he states his intentions is probably also mayor.
She might be thinking "How can you be so naive", or she thinks that by "saving the world" he means what Gendo means by that, and that he's willingly working for them, alltough that would also entail the first part. Either way, the depht of her hatred is very apparent.
"Go down quietly!"
Her expression. By "go down", she means "die".
Then again, I can sorta understand why she's so infuriated - if there really was a way to just "save the world", she'd have gone for it herself long ago.
It's like suggesting to just undo 9/11 by timetravel or something. It would look very insensitive if some fictional portrayal did that, because the real people will still be dead - But for Shinji, that possivbility is very real, much more real than the surreal nightmare he found himself in. For him, it's "going back to Kansas", so to speak.
WILLE are also doing just about everything, including f***ing mayor ethics beyond everything every conciously chose to do ("But Misato? Isn't there work being done on the bridge?") to save the sad remainder of the planet, in the end, they would have done the same thing as Shinji if they heard of such a possibility from a reliable source.

It was a bit of a "point of no return", the moment he actually grabbed her weapons and pushed her back.

Personally, I interpreted that scene as Asuka figuring that Shinji won't back down, whatever people says to him, and that the only way to stop him is to take off the gloves and beat him. And for us viewer it's the sign that none of the two parties present will back down and that a direct confrontation is unavoidable.
I hope Asuka didn't planned to actually go for the kill during that fight, that the events of the time skip didn't hardened her to that point.

But still that must have been a nightmare for Shinji to have to fight against Asuka again, given what happened last time, and even worst is that this time it's actually Asuka herself he had to fight against, and not something that had Asuka as an "hostage". No wonder the guy lost his shit later when Kaworu told him to give up and just surrender.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I hope Asuka didn't planned to actually go for the kill during that fight, that the events of the time skip didn't hardened her to that point.

while we dont know if hitting the core of an eva will kill,disable or destroy it,Asuka goes straight for the core before the last rs hoppers sacrifice to protect eva 13.
ANATA BAKA !?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:00 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:while we dont know if hitting the core of an eva will kill,disable or destroy it,Asuka goes straight for the core before the last rs hoppers sacrifice to protect eva 13.

Hitting the core probably kills the EVA, same way it kills an Angel. We know from the scene where EVA-02 was sealed by the IPEA that an EVA body don't disintegrate when separated from its core(unlike an Angel), so my take would be that had Asuka hit the core, EVA-13 would have died and the body became limp and dead.

The question is how it would affect the pilot, as it feels everything the EVA feels. In my opinion that would depends on the synch-rate : at a low rate the pilot would suffer put stay fine, at a high that might damage his heart, at a very high rate(like Shinji's 400% against Zeruel or more notably Asuka's 300% against the MP-EVAs in EoE) where the damages sustained by the EVA are directly transferred to the pilot's body, a destroyed core would be an instant-kill, like if the bade pierced directly the pilot's heart.

But in any case that would hurt like a bitch!

Pomme
Embryo

Postby Pomme » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:07 am

Am I looping ?

Oh crap. :rolleyes:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”