FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:28 am

Well, I posted earlier how I had to give up a job in Japan, my lifelong dream literally, because my parents were getting divorced and I needed to help support my little sister and unfortunately the feelings are just getting heavier. It was almost a year ago I made my first and only trip to Japan and because of that a lot of memories are popping up. I mean, I've thought of Japan everyday since I left but more specfically now. Comiket previews are coming up and I went last summer Comiket. I made an offhand remark while building Gundam models and watching anime with my sister over the weekend. We were watching Brigadoon and the episode took place in a sento. The Sento was my second favorite thing in Japan and I miss it a lot. I just said "Ah, the sento was so nice I miss Japan so much." My little sister got really upset and told me "I know you don't mean anything by it but when you talk about Japan like that it hurts me everytime." She talks about how "everyone" in the apartment is really greatful I stayed, her and our two doggies, but how can I just throw away this dream of mine and not hurt? I literally wrote a paper in second grade about my aspirations and it was just "I would like to go to Japan" written about a hundred times :lol:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:10 am

That does seem like a difficult situation, for both of you. But consider her viewpoint -- she's gotta feel awfully guilty about forcing you to stay, and the fact you very much want to go there is probably not lost on her. And what can she do about it? She knows you're miserable, and that it's because of her, and that there's nothing she can do to help. That's gotta be painful. You shouldn't forget/ignore your own pain, but it might help to be mindful of hers and try not to rub salt in the wound. And don't forget, you're still young -- you'll have plenty of opportunity to travel later in life, so try to stay optimistic!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you very much for reading my story and you're right. I'll try to be better about not getting upset about missing Japan but it just leads to so much stress for me. To be honest I haven't lived with my sister in something like four or five years so it is nice to get to play through a lot of video games together, and stay up all night watching anime together like when we were younger. So I do enjoy that part! I just need to focus on that and not my anxeity about never getting to live in Japan. It's just so easy thanks to the hobby to see a train station, temple, restaraunt or something I went to and think about how I am getting older and to take a year off in my career to teach english then come back might be really difficult as I get older. I'll just try to focus on playing all these Lego and Dynasty Warriors games together first though!

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:19 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:That does seem like a difficult situation, for both of you. But consider her viewpoint -- she's gotta feel awfully guilty about forcing you to stay, and the fact you very much want to go there is probably not lost on her. And what can she do about it? She knows you're miserable, and that it's because of her, and that there's nothing she can do to help. That's gotta be painful. You shouldn't forget/ignore your own pain, but it might help to be mindful of hers and try not to rub salt in the wound. And don't forget, you're still young -- you'll have plenty of opportunity to travel later in life, so try to stay optimistic!

Bags is right dude. :)

Talk with your sister, and see if you can form a compromise, and just because you're planning on going to Japan doesn't mean that your abandoning your sister.

Talking with her about your dream and goals, as well as her needs could help rectify this situation. Stay strong dude. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 am

I'm hitting up against a wall in terms of motivation and career direction.

While I would like to go on to composition, and I believe I'm good at it, and have the ability to succeed, nonetheless I'm aware that the chances of any real money coming of it is minuscule. I'd prefer to continue with the degree, however I don't want to end up the butt of someone's Lib Arts Major Joke nor do I really relish the idea of working a min. wage job for my entire life.

This would be far easier for me were the music department at my university to allow conjoints with law or engineering, which were choices at the beginner of last year however I found myself drawn to music more and more as the year progressed.

I don't want to abandon ship and spend my entire life thinking "what if", but I'm more afraid of the future right now than I've ever been.

:doh: Why is all this adult stuff so hard?
Leave Shinji alone

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:12 am

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:I'm hitting up against a wall in terms of motivation and career direction.

While I would like to go on to composition, and I believe I'm good at it, and have the ability to succeed, nonetheless I'm aware that the chances of any real money coming of it is minuscule. I'd prefer to continue with the degree, however I don't want to end up the butt of someone's Lib Arts Major Joke nor do I really relish the idea of working a min. wage job for my entire life.

This would be far easier for me were the music department at my university to allow conjoints with law or engineering, which were choices at the beginner of last year however I found myself drawn to music more and more as the year progressed.

I don't want to abandon ship and spend my entire life thinking "what if", but I'm more afraid of the future right now than I've ever been.

:doh: Why is all this adult stuff so hard?

Well ... as a bit of advice that some of my friends in similar situations found themselves in is get some certifications for IT work. People who work in IT for companies frequently didn't major in something directly related to it and if you have a certification it shows you know the work. My friend wants to make a living creating toys but unfortunately it's really hard to break into that! She actually did major in design but she received this certificate
https://aws.amazon.com/certification/
and she was able to find work that way. Just an idea, and it might be hard to pass the test but it's easier than getting a second degree isn't it? Hope this help!
Last edited by MuscleRobo on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am

*gets involved in fender-bender*

*lady walks out of car*

"Didn't you see me?!?! Wait-... have I seen you somewhere before? You look familiar."

Gotta call insurance tomorrow and reschedule work for a court date, hopefully having a 10-year clean driving record will help me out. My car also needs to be in the shop, since I need them to straighten out of front hood and bumper. But hey, at least I'm a local celebrity!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Update on the assignment that the computer screwed me out of.

Good news: The professor said she'd accept my assignment in an Email.

Bad News: Since It's late, according to the colleges rules she can't legally give me full credit.

Good News: She's Giving Me Some Extra Credit Assignments To boost up my grade.

Bad News: She's Giving Me Some Extra Credit Assignments To boost up my grade.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Well, it's been a sad week for me my friends, because a member of the family has passed away just recently. Our family cat has passed away in her sleep, our family cat for almost 20 years.

While I was expecting this for a while now because of her deteriorating health for the past few months, the fact that she's gone is really heart-breaking for me.

We've known her ever since we found her in a box in the country as a kitten, and she's always had a presence in the house. She would nuzzle up with me every morning to cuddle with me and purr until I'd wake up.....but now...she's just gone and I won't hear those purrs again.

While I know that I have to expect this in time, I keep half expecting that she'll pop out under my bed and demand my attention to scratch her.

Now the house seems so lonely without her, cause let's face it, she's been my cat since I was a kid.

I'll miss you, and rest in peace. :raincloud:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, xanderkh. :huggles:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Losing pets is always a rough blow. I'm glad she was with you for so long, though; she led a very good life, so take what comfort you can in that fact.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:44 am

I'm just really upset. . .

I feel like I'd be better off just leaping off of a tall building and ending my life. I'd never go through with it of course, but some days the unhappiness just overwhelms you and you want to curl up into a ball and forget the rest of the world exists until the pain goes away. But just ignoring things won't make anything better for me in the longrun.

I have no Idea what I'm going to do with my life after I get into the University or what career I should pursue, my mother has been on my case to get into a University for years, I'm not doing so well in the last class I need to pass in order to get into the University. I barely get to see the few friends I have. I haven't had a real girlfriend since high school. All I want is to be left alone to do my art, but even that doesn't start my fire anymore.

I feel I would be better off dead.

I feel cold even though It's sweltering here. I can barely get the motivation to do the bare minimum of homework I need to pass the class. . . I feel pathetic, like not even Jesus would forgive me. But at the same time I don't want to die and go to hell.

I feel the world is collapsing around me, and I'm just sitting here wrapped in a blanket trying to keep warm.

Ever listen to All American Rejects Bee Keepers Daughter? It's like that song. "I know you said, I'm better off on my own. Better off dead."

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:58 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I'm just really upset. . .

I feel like I'd be better off just leaping off of a tall building and ending my life. I'd never go through with it of course, but some days the unhappiness just overwhelms you and you want to curl up into a ball and forget the rest of the world exists until the pain goes away. But just ignoring things won't make anything better for me in the longrun.

I have no Idea what I'm going to do with my life after I get into the University or what career I should pursue, my mother has been on my case to get into a University for years, I'm not doing so well in the last class I need to pass in order to get into the University. I barely get to see the few friends I have. I haven't had a real girlfriend since high school. All I want is to be left alone to do my art, but even that doesn't start my fire anymore.

I feel I would be better off dead.

I feel cold even though It's sweltering here. I can barely get the motivation to do the bare minimum of homework I need to pass the class. . . I feel pathetic, like not even Jesus would forgive me. But at the same time I don't want to die and go to hell.

I feel the world is collapsing around me, and I'm just sitting here wrapped in a blanket trying to keep warm.

Ever listen to All American Rejects Bee Keepers Daughter? It's like that song. "I know you said, I'm better off on my own. Better off dead."

Well is just a shitty phase that you will forget when you will finish college and experiencethe adult life.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:06 am

Got exposed to something I really didn't want to see.
Man Zetas are pieces of shit (and that's a massive understatement), Gob will know what I am talking about.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 am

Now to release my shit sorrow that nobody will care:
Yes,I am living a happy life,but,my early childhood just haunts me.My father was abusive and it bet all of the family members(especially my mum),and once beat the shit out of my brother and I'm scared since.Sure,My father doesn't beat me physically anymore, but it hurts me verbally and I need to visit him.I'm scared,I don't want to go there but I must do it.I must hide my emotions and to suffer for the everyone.I just don't want to.
I don't want to sound like a atttention-whore or anything,this is my honest feelings right now.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:36 am

Ray.
I want you to know I am praying for your situation to improve.
I know what you are going through in regards to your lack of fire from your art (I haven't drawn anything since March or so of 2015) & concern about future jobs. (I'm still in my first part time job and within a year I must get a full time one as my insurance with my parents will run out)

Uncertainty is not pathetic & nether are you.

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:Now to release my shit sorrow that nobody will care:
Yes,I am living a happy life,but,my early childhood just haunts me.My father was abusive and it bet all of the family members(especially my mum),and once beat the shit out of my brother and I'm scared since.Sure,My father doesn't beat me physically anymore, but it hurts me verbally and I need to visit him.I'm scared,I don't want to go there but I must do it.I must hide my emotions and to suffer for the everyone.I just don't want to.
I don't want to sound like a atttention-whore or anything,this is my honest feelings right now.

Absolutely nothing overreatvive or attention whorish about this.
My father never beat me but I am so bothered by his verbal abuse that I pretty much go & hide in my bedroom all night after work if he is home, even when he is in a good mood. I'm long past the stages of defiance or Martyr-ism, I just want/need to pretend he doesn't exist.
I hope your next visits with your dad are more smooth then previous ones, good luck!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:26 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I have no Idea what I'm going to do with my life after I get into the University or what career I should pursue
While there are people who have decided at an early age (or have had their families decide for them) what they are going to do with their life, that's more the exception than the rule. Your position is much the same as mine at your age -- I'd gone into post-grad work because staying in school was to "choose not to decide" as Rush put it -- but things eventually worked out, with a little bit of trial and error.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:15 pm

I found out today my grandma (the one that fell down the stairs and climbed back up to the bedroom) might be dying of a bloodclot . . .

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I found out today my grandma (the one that fell down the stairs and climbed back up to the bedroom) might be dying of a bloodclot . . .

Incredibly Sorry!

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:05 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I found out today my grandma (the one that fell down the stairs and climbed back up to the bedroom) might be dying of a bloodclot . . .

Sorry!Hope she's all right..
Last edited by Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”