EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:25 am

I don't think they want to make the money spent for IMAX worthless, so they will delay everything.

Also the movie is out in 5 days and the update on the website to detail the changes they promised is still MIA. :irked:

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:44 am

Both Eva and Khara accounts are suspiciously silent today, not even retweeting promo or mechandise-related stuff.

Brace yourselves for the worst case scenario, fellas. :fuyu_facepalm:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Keratos23
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Keratos23 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 am

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but Gintama also gets a Movie in 4 days, and the offical Twitter for the movie is still counting down, so since that one isn't getting delayed, there might still be hope for Shin and 3.333 I guess.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:25 am

I just noticed: no trailer for this one, huh? I would have expected to see a little teaser (outside of the summary video for Rebuild).
Anything Eva edited by Anno I will gladly take.

And we have no runtime yet.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:35 am

I guess that depends on what you want from a trailer. I can't think of any Eva Q trailers that looked any more "full" than the latest one for Shin Eva. (At least, not until after its release... :bigeyes: )

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:37 am

I'm not sure what you mean Freaky. :(
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 am

What gets reconned will provide some great insight into some of Shin's plot points. Can't wait!

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:39 am

A trailer would be interesting, at least showing us if there is a possibility of new scenes or if only adjustments were made.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:09 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean Freaky. :(

lol, wait. I thought we were talking about the Shin Eva.

Honestly, I don't know what they're doing for Eva 3.333, but I would assume any runtime would include both 3.333 and 3.0+1.0 since they're being screened back-to-back under a single ticket purchase. It's kinda like when a bunch of theaters in America ran 3-movie marathons of LotR back in 2003: you bought one ticket for an 11-hour screening. Determining an individual film's runtime from that was not even a thought by the exhibitors.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 am

∆ Oh I get you now lol.
But actually 3.333 (god that is long) is coming out individually (in 4 days). So we will know the runtime. In theory? Where is it? lol

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:21 am

^ Oh dang, I forgot that. I honestly don't know. I'm sure there's plenty of print advertisement up for the movie, and maybe some locally screened theatrical teasers? Honestly, re-screenings like (even though the film has been substantially updated) this don't get a lot of international advertisement unless it's a 4-D type experience. (And, even then, I thought it was a little unusual that we got to see trailers published online for the 4-D experiences for 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33.)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:26 am

Yeah, could be it isn't worth a trailer.
That's kinda sad though...

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:27 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Both Eva and Khara accounts are suspiciously silent today, not even retweeting promo or mechandise-related stuff.

Brace yourselves for the worst case scenario, fellas. :fuyu_facepalm:
They must be silent because even the Japanese government is not sure what to do for the moment. Anno cannot announce a further delay in the movie having confirmation that it is really necessary.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:29 pm

Had a few minutes free tonight so I went browsing on the Toho Cinemas website to see if any news snuck through.

Three days before release Toho IMAX has the Evangelion 3.333 runtime listed as 95 minutes. The 3.0 & 3.33 cuts are normally listed with a 96 minute runtime but I took a look at my VLC copy of the film and from the first production title to the very last frame of the post-credits teaser the movie runs a tight 1:35:30 so it's safe to figure their website just rounded down to 95 minutes instead of up to 96.

So unless Toho just copied and pasted the old info over it should be safe to figure 3.333 will not have any NEW sequences. Curious to see/hear what changes are made in the new pass. Will it be all simple cosmetics - Rei's eyes, plugsuits, small things on the Evas, etc - or could they have gone as far as to reanimate a few shots like what Evangelion: Death did to some of the NGE material. The original announcement of 3.333 did say The IMAX® screening will maximize the appeal of the further evolved "Q: 3.333", which has undergone some retakes along with the re-shooting.

I guess we'll know in the next few days.

Eva 3.333 Toho Cinemas Page:
https://hlo.tohotheater.jp/net/movie/TNPI3060J01.do?sakuhin_cd=019334

And no. No runtime for 3.0+1.0 yet.
If Khara or some other group doesn't tweet it out first this page might be the place where to see it first.
Eva 3.0+1.0 Toho Cinemas Page:
https://hlo.tohotheater.jp/net/movie/TNPI3060J01.do?sakuhin_cd=017929

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:01 am

:kaworu_lewd: Got my hopes up for new scenes.

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 am

I'm actually thankful that there aren't any new scenes. At least I don't have to worry about owning an inferior version of the same product at least. Then again, is it possible that maybe some of the retakes of old scenes can lead to a different interpretation of said scene? For example, the Wille crew having different facial expressions towards Shinji that show their not as scared of him? (This is just an example, I doubt this would actually be the case.)
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:51 am

Well I'm glad tbh, I just love the film so much as it is. The visual updates are still plenty to be excited and talk about though. Any visual change could carry a lot of meaning.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:17 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote: The 3.0 & 3.33 cuts are normally listed with a 96 minute runtime but I took a look at my VLC copy of the film and from the first production title to the very last frame of the post-credits teaser the movie runs a tight 1:35:30 so it's safe to figure their website just rounded down to 95 minutes instead of up to 96.

The preview for 3.0 + 1.0 at the end of Q is 29 seconds long so if they've lopped that off (i.e because Eva 8 + 2 is no longer in the last film) it would be tidy 95 minutes.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:25 am

This only means they will add new scenes in 3.3333 :mari_nya:

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 am

I particularly wish it had new scenes, it seems more logical than rewatching a movie with only improvements. On the other hand, the “new scenes” are in Shin Eva, due to the “missing” part D in 3.0.

Joseki, this film title is a recurring decimal case: 3.33333... (sorry, stupid math joke) :sweatdrop:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”